• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Game Movies

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

DatDot

Games have been made into films, such as 'resident evil', 'Tomb Raider' and now 'Doom'. Has anyone got any ideas about what games would be great as movies?

I reckon Devil May Cry!

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
DatDot said:
Has anyone got any ideas about what games would be great as movies?

I reckon Devil May Cry!

You need to struck with a hard, blunt object. Do you honestly want to see something as great as DMC be butchered on the silver screen for the entire world to see?

Why do people so insist upon making movies out of video games? They are from an entirely different medium. Leave them there. That's where they are most enjoyable. Video games have such great potential. We should focus on developing the medium and forget about trying to emulate the experience in a different one.

The only video game I can think of that would make a good movie is "Deus Ex". Its story and setting would translate much better than those in other games, and it's short enough that one could leave in most of the story and make it work in a movie no longer than three hours.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
seriously I'm going to forget that comment you just made the one where you said they should make a Jak and Daxter movie it would suck horribly actually all movies based off games suck all games based off movies suck excluding The Hulk and Spider man games and maybe a few others but I'll have to agree with Square on this even though I don't want to but they really need to stop doing that cause the next thing you know they'll have a movie for Grand Theft Auto which would make me not play the game no more or one of Tony Hawk's American Wasteland

DatDot

What if the Movie was made by the same people who brought you the game, would this work beter?

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
DatDot said:
What if the Movie was made by the same people who brought you the game, would this work beter?

It would be better, but much would still be lost in translation. The better question is "why should they make a movie?". They should keep their games as games.

DatDot

I understand that movies based on games haven't been brilliant, alot of films i've seen such as 'resident evil' and 'tomb raider' i have been disapointed with.
I think that having the game creators working on a film project, the story and character's could be true to the game and will not necessary be lost in translation.
If you think about Square pictures projects such as
FF7;Advent children, this film is based on a popular game and is risky, As the movie is created by the same people who brought you the game there is alot of hype about it.

Crimson Jazz

You ain't got no YEEZY!?!
it's cuz you guys are more video game freaks than movie freaks that's why you don't think that they should make a movie into a game

To Jinx:You suck,cuz the Hulk movie and Spider-Man movies rock!!!!!! I really can't wait for Hulk 2 and Spider-Man 3!!!!!

Last edited:

Koji

Still Alive
Awards
Games to movies usually dont turn out well except Advent Children
but it would be nice to see a Fatal Frame movie. Even if it's not good,
the games will still rock.

var1ables

Play hard, go pro.
Awards
okay i hope there never any more videogame-movie crossovers ever... even deivil may cry(which is one of my favorites) could sux total arse as a movie like street fighter, mario,resident evil,final fantasy, and many other i have forgotten.

LordMune

ANTHEISTNOSTIC
Awards
Doom is the best video game movie to date. That is because there is very little you can mess up when it comes to Doom, although they did try their best in pre-production.

DatDot

'Final Fantasy: Spirits within' was disapointing, The story was a bit confusing and i didnt understand how this film had anything to do with the game series of Final Fantasy.
The film could of just been called 'The Spirits Within' but using the Final Fantasy trademark, the film would hopefully get more sucess at the box office.
Unfortunatly for Square the film did not do that well.

Using popular game trademark names such as 'resident evil', 'tomb raider', 'doom', means more money, such films being aimed at the game fans.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Do you know the main reason why movies based on video games suck so much? It's because they rarely have anything to do with video game. Just look at the nearly every video game-based movie for proof.

TwilightGuardian

Hang on... you cant say that all game movies suck, game movies probably have the best special effects. I think these are really cool: Tomb Raider 1 & 2, Final Fantasy Spirts within.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
TwilightGuardian said:
Hang on... you cant say that all game movies suck, game movies probably have the best special effects.

Care to wager on that one? Compare stuff like Double Dragon, Street Fighter, and Super Mario Bros. to something like "Evil Dead"...even that totally awesome B movie had better special effects than most video game movies.

Fuse

When will we surrender?
Doom looks good and Halo would be an awesome movie.

(anyone think that the original FF7 would be a good movie?)

well actually how would they get their hair like that lol..

Awards
Metal Gear Solid must remain a game.

I dont care if Kojima would like to see a Metal Gear movie, because if there is one He wont be doing it. He's said so himself. If a movie were made out of this game....i wouldnt know what to think.

Scotty

PRECIOUS FAIRY VAGINA
Awards
I rather like the Resident Evil movies.

And the original Tomb Raider film was alright. <_< If kind of pathetic at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back