• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

[Gameplay] What should I choose? (Stats / Leveling / Abilities)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
With the advent of the ReMIXes, I decided to play the original copies of my KH games and put them into a "retirement" of sorts. With 2.5 almost here, I'm giving KHII one last hoorah. It'll be my first time to play this game on Proud Mode. So I just have one question: Which weapon should I choose?!

I'm getting a mixed bag of advice from all the Googleing I've been doing, and quite frankly I'm tired and want to play my gawddamn videogame already. So, what better place to seek advice from than the source of hardcore fans? <3

From what I've been reading the weapons that Roxas chooses doesn't hold as much crushing weight as it did with Sora in KHI, but I still want to identify the type of playthrough I would have with each variable. Not only that, but he is, or rather, I am, put on the spot twice - faced with choosing weapons once before Seifer AND once in Dive to the Heart.

So, what should you choose? What is better in the longhaul? What is best for Proud Mode?

thx, lovelies~

Rydgea

Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Really, nooobody's gunna put in their two cents? I see how it is, KHI.

(You can close or lock this. I've made a decision.)

FangirlfromHell

Awards
You're doing proud mode so I'd recommend getting as much 'dexterity' you can as Roxas and choose the guarded weapon. In Proud Mode your defense could be what saves your life and sanity. Sorry for the super lateness. Not usually on the II forum.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
Yeah, pretty much what the previous poster said. Your defense will really come in handy later on in the game. I know when I did my first playthrough on Proud mode back when KH2 first came out that my defense saved my life on multiple occasions.

Rydgea

Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Thanks, guys. A little late (though I appreciate it regardless). Wrapping up post-plot materials like item completion and Gummi ship missions. For the battle against Seifer, I ended up choosing the sword with the guarded hilt (defense), and in the Station of Awakening I chose the sword (strength). I really appreciate Proud Mode with this game; it always felt too easy, and I feel confident with what I chose even during some of the more challenging parts of the game. Having the Lucky Lucky ability earlier on is a good decision too.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
I think you made really good choices. Strength and Defense are key for any game really, especially one such as Kingdom Hearts. and yeah, the Lucky Lucky ability really is, well lucky. XD

Rydgea

Awards
Website
backloggery.com
The thing is I always choose the staff in KHI, but after hearing about getting the Lucky Lucky ability at level 99 with the wand, (the one chosen in Roxas's Dive into the Heart) I decided to save myself the trouble. I haven't had to do the leveling trick at Pride Lands, because I've leveled naturally being able to farm materials pretty early on, and now my moogle shops can sell all the different types of materials because of it.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
That's always a plus. And I didn't know that the Lucky Lucky ability was so far down the line on the wand route? I'll have to keep that in mind when I play KH2 again.

Master Ultima

Awards
Defense would seem like it would be helpful when up against tough enemies and Strength would be for those who want to defeat an opponent quickly. For KH1 I would choose both and for KH2 I would go with defense. It's up to you though.

kh13

You probably want to make sure you get your defenses up. then movement would be good too. and obviously strength.

BlueKey777

Banned
The Items I choose to keep/ leave was magic wand(kept) and shield(left) which worked out for me because I got certain abilitys earlier that really helped in some of the tougher boss fights.

MyNameisAnsem

Huh, choosing the guarded bat was never a choice I made. In my playthroughs, I always took out of the strength/attack bat or the wand bat.

Master Sora

Awards
Website
soraboots.tumblr.com
I always chose the guarded bat, then the sword. Not really sure why, but I had KH2 final mix so I always start on critical mode to get those extra abilities early.

In Normal KH2 I sorta regret it because I had to keep grinding in order to get the really helpful abilities like second chance and once more.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I always chose the guarded bat, then the sword. Not really sure why, but I had KH2 final mix so I always start on critical mode to get those extra abilities early.

In Normal KH2 I sorta regret it because I had to keep grinding in order to get the really helpful abilities like second chance and once more.
I always chose the normal bat and the sword myself. I'm all about the attack and dodge~

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
You're all making a big fuss over the Struggle bats, so I've got to ask: do they really matter that much? I was under the impression that the Bats only give you a single, 1-point stat boost in a game full of stat boosts, making it kind of irrelevant? The Dive to the Heart choice determines your skills and level-ups, that's a lot more important.

To quote ElectroSpecter's walkthrough on GameFaqs:

Again, you have to choose a weapon [during the Dive to the Heart]. Your decision here has a more lasting effect on you than the [Struggle Bat]. The way your abilities and stats are gained (which order you gain them in, in other words) are affected by which weapon you choose here.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Yeah, I once confirmed it myself. Choosing the star bat over the other bats will only give you 1 point in intelligence. Likewise, choosing the handguard bat and traditional bat will only give you 1 point in defence and strength, respectively.

That's about all the bats do. When I had much time, I experimented with different combinations (which took lots of time, obviously); no matter what bat you chose, your growth solely depends on the Dream weapon of your choice.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Thanks for the confirmation! Seems so odd, the Struggle Bat section really seems like it was meant to be a callback to the Dive to the Heart. I wonder if they finished programming it, and decided not to let it go to waste after they changed their minds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back