• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Gamer's Block?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coffee Lover

Bronze Member
Awards
This started way back, when I was halfway through Final Fantasy XII. I all the sudden became bored with it. After I finished it, I tried to replay Okami and I found it completely boring, I wasn't even enjoying it at all. I tried to play another game and still felt that same feeling. What's wrong with me? These are some good games yet they feel boring and they're not fun to me. I tried playing all of my other games and I feel this same feeling. I even feel this way toward the games I haven't played in a very long time. This feeling is similiar to when I have reader's block, which is when no matter what I read it bores me and uninterests me. Is this gamer's block that will eventually go away or do I just need a new game? Could it be I may be out growing video games or just getting tired of video games period?

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
Try borrowing games before buying them. Borrow from a good friend who you trust with video game recommendations. Play the game for a bit, then see if you like it.

╬ProperArtist╬

Instantly Classic
Awards
Website
the13thmember.deviantart.com
I know your problem, I have the same problem. You spend time on that game it becomes boring and all the happiness you get out of said game becomes drained completely. That combined with the fact that you are probably not getting any sort of challenge at all basically makes you completely void of enjoying any game you play.

It is definitely that way with me I can't play: Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts:COM , or Kingdom Hearts2; WWE:SmackDown vs Raw2007, Gears of War, Halo2, Naruto:Naruimate Hero3, Naruto:Uzumaki Chronicles(japanese version), Shadow of the Colossus, God of War2, Metal Gear Solid 2 or 3...in short anything...because they all boar me with their lack of difficulty...

the only time i actually feel like playing is when my friend comes over and i play him in Naruto:Naruimate Hero3, because he's basically a video game god (meaning he doesn't even have to have played he game, after getting beat once or twice he'll figure out how to play and he'll kick your ass at your own game)..thats the only time i actually feel like playing and last time i checked i barely won those battles.

so my guess is just stop and wait for a game to come along that really has a challenge to it...

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
Try Guitar Hero, one or two it doesn't matter, you might like it. ..you might hate it. . .but it's challenging. . .

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I would actually stop playing games for a few months, they are simply boring you. Come back to them at some later time, and when you do, try buying some fresh, new games you never thought you would buy.

sealightbreeze

Bronze Member
well, you could always try renting different game types. Either that, or try one of your oldest favorite games

T

Tyler Durden

This started way back, when I was halfway through Final Fantasy XII. I all the sudden became bored with it. After I finished it, I tried to replay Okami and I found it completely boring, I wasn't even enjoying it at all. I tried to play another game and still felt that same feeling. What's wrong with me? These are some good games yet they feel boring and they're not fun to me. I tried playing all of my other games and I feel this same feeling. I even feel this way toward the games I haven't played in a very long time. This feeling is similiar to when I have reader's block, which is when no matter what I read it bores me and uninterests me. Is this gamer's block that will eventually go away or do I just need a new game? Could it be I may be out growing video games or just getting tired of video games period?

this is creepy, because the same exact thing has been going on with me, WITH THE SAME EXACT GAMES. Maybe THEY are the problem?

But I've found that I DO still like playing RE4

Darkness Princess

Paper Bag Heaven
I'm going through the same problem so i quit playing, I havent picked up a joystick in a month apart from playing Guitar hero 1 and 2 which is somewhat of a challenge but the problem is, I've now beaten both the games on experst so im bored again.
I guess the best solution would be to try a new genre of game or to just stop for a while then come back to it when you suddenly feel the urge to play.

Puddle Jumper

Hobo with a shotgun
Website
www.debasedtothis.org
Try going old skool, play games from years and years ago like Tomb Raider, Resident Evil, Syphon FIlter and things like that

Or try other games that are all in all idiotic like Hogs of War, Crash (tag) team racing, bust a move/groove

pk para

Try some new games (Guitar Hero is teh best!!), and if nothing interests you, don't worry.

Losing your interest in videogames isn't a bad thing.

Whenever a game comes out that looks great, get it, play it, and when you eventually lose interest to the point where you stop buying the new games, find a new hobby. If you find good games, then, well, just play them =].

Get more multi-player games, I find the playing with a friend is usually much better than going solo.

I hope I've helped somewhat =].

T

Tyler Durden

^^ Dude, having someone else play with you is ALWAYS better than going solo.

I'll let the double entrendre sink in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back