• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Gamespot E3 Impressions

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

EnigmaticWarrior

Gamespot E3 05 Trailer Impressions

Trailer Impressions from Gamespot. :)

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/rpg/kingdomhearts2/preview_6124871.html

Square Enix showed off an all-new trailer of Kingdom Hearts II at their pre-E3 press conference, while promising that the game would feature two and a half times the content of its predecessor. The short snippets of footage revealed a whole bunch of keyblade combat, some new features, and an appearance by Captain Jack Sparrow of Pirates of the Caribbean fame. You read that correctly—this installment of Kingdom Hearts won’t just pull from Disney’s breadth of animated features this time, though those favorites are still here.

The initial part of the trailer featured the threatening visage of Ansem, the ultimate foe of the first Kingdom Hearts, followed by a scene with a young boy and girl seated at opposite ends of a long table. The girl, named Namine, starts to talk about how she is a witch who has been placed in charge of governing Sora’s memories. Though she is blonde, she bears more than a passing resemblance to Sora’s friend Kairi from the first game (she appeared in Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories for the GameBoy Advance, as well), and the boy she is speaking to is the spitting image of Sora himself. It looks as though the realm of Sora’s memories will continue to be an integral part of the storyline of the series, much like it was in the GBA prequel.

The trailer featured a montage of characters of both Final Fantasy and Disney origin that will be making an appearance, and as we mentioned before, the world of Pirates of the Caribbean will be part of the adventure. A scene in the video placed Sora, Donald, and Goofy with Johnny Depp’s Jack Sparrow (the first sighting of which elicited cheers from the crowd), with the former characters keeping the cartoonish look of the normal Kingdom Hearts world, while Sparrow was rendered in a realistic style. He fought with the group against a mob of undead pirates in a cavern taken straight from the movie, and the look was definitely surreal, but also quintessential Kingdom Hearts crossover craziness. Mulan and her dragon pal Mushu from the animated film Mulan also join the Disney lineup, with returning characters like Belle and Beast from Beauty and the Beast, and Jack Skellington of The Nightmare Before Christmas.

The combat in some cases showed Sora and his friends going up against very, very large numbers of foes, great milling masses of Heartless that the group scattered into the air with keyblade swings and other attacks. Sora appears to have gained some new abilities, as well. In his fight against a three-headed Cerberus, Sora leapt at the beast and balanced himself between the left and right heads with a foot on each, before jumping again in the air to strike at the middle head. Linked attacks with special characters seem to have returned as well, as the trailer showed Sora teaming up with Final Fantasy X’s Auron and Beast (not at the same time) to go against bosses and other enemies.

The gummi ship is also back, but the gummi ship combat seems much more involved this time around, showing the little blocky vessel in lots of active shootouts with obstacles and opponents. The ship was able to move rapidly and showed off a good amount of firepower, though we weren’t able to tell if the sequences were still on rails. Still, it seems that this part of the game’s been punched up a bit, which is good news, since those sequences in the original were a little out of whack.

The trailer definitely left us wanting to get our hands on the game to see what other surprises could turn up. The addition of Disney’s live action property is a new element that looks like it absolutely works in Kingdom Heart’s unique and wacky universe. We’ll bring you as much detail on Kingdom Hearts II as we can from the show floor and beyond, so keep your eyes on this gamespace, you savvy?

Enjoy. :D

Last edited:

Drama Setter

DaDides
Awards
It would be cool and weird at the same time. I mean you see disney characters with jack sparrow. WTF. I would love to see how his world works.

Dream Heart

wow that reveal alot of info. thank you very much EnigmaticWarrior! :D can we download this trailer on the Internet?

A

Audo

Dream Heart this is the E3 Trailer they arent gonig to release it to the internet before E3. I dont think its A nsem i think is DiZ posing again. Unless i didnt comprhend hat they meant at all.

EnigmaticWarrior

Riku-Keyblade said:
Dream Heart this is the E3 Trailer they arent gonig to release it to the internet before E3. I dont think its A nsem i think is DiZ posing again. Unless i didnt comprhend hat they meant at all.

I think Gamespot mistakened DiZ for Ansem. :p Either that, or they know something we don't. It's a shame that we probably won't be able to see the trailer till sometime near or after the end of E3, unless a miracle happens. :p

A

Audo

I believe KHU said that they would have it at liek the end of the week (Which is the end of E3 lol) It might appear on the official site after E3. No by DiZ i meant DiZ psoing as Ansem. Like how he does to Riku in CoM

EnigmaticWarrior

Riku-Keyblade said:
I believe KHU said that they would have it at liek the end of the week (Which is the end of E3 lol) It might appear on the official site after E3. No by DiZ i meant DiZ psoing as Ansem. Like how he does to Riku in CoM

Oh yeah. I just remembered that scene in CoM. :p Maybe it's DiZ in disguise. Maybe it really is Ansem that has returned. Anyways, I'll just wait for that trailer to come when E3 ends so that we can see what's going on. Hopefully, KHU should be able to get one up on their website by the end of the week. :D I'm curious as to how Jack Sparrow will look like in KH 2.

Last edited:

Heartless1990

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!! keep it between the animation and pixar!!!! DONT GO OVERBOARD WITH THE DISNEY!!! I LOVE PIRATES OF THE CARRIBEAN AS MUCH AS THE NEXT GUY BUT...O GOD...NO!!!!!!! WAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! NOOOOO!!!!! IT JUST DOESNT FEEL RIGHT...O PLEASE...!!!!! SOMEBODY KILL ME!!!!!!

Cael

Silver Member
Website
tinyurl.com
wow. all they care about is PotC what about the other worlds that will no doubt be better than that world?

LIKE LION KING.

Nico

hmmm...I wonder if they'll do toy story lol j/k but they should do one of those disney & pixar computer animated worlds

dime55

forreal tho, lion king would b betta than potc. dat movie had real people in it. they should have kept it disney and pixar. i hav no idea why they did dat. seriously tho, i dont even kno why dey didn't do lion king. it would b a klean a$$ world.

TruChaos

Dime you know this has to be a first somebody who typed as they talk...Anyways whats wrong with PoTC that movie was pimp maybe some of the younger kids didnt like it but I know most of the older ones were feelin it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back