• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Gay college student commits suicide

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
mypage.na.square-enix.com
Every child gets bullied its one of those character building phase of each childs life. I learned that the hard way. I wanted to change elementary shcool SO damn bad. My mom would NOT let me do it. Got to high school I was getting beat up my mother demanded I change schools in fear Id commit suicide or get killed. I refused knowing that in order to stop it I had to face it. To this day people pick fights with me. Jump me. beat me up and robb me but guess what its life. No one has that fairytale life.
And let me tell you something else you talk about being bullied guess what? I had that ON top of being mad fun of because I couldnt talk correctly. On top of being a sick kid growing up. AND having to deal with the truth about my dead mother. Then I had to watch my brother who is the only guy I give a rats ass about other than my dad and grandmother go away and start his life. Look Ive been through some tough shit bullying makes you stronger in my eyes.
What does not kill cna only make you strong. Id still be that crying whimp ass kid I was if it wasnt for those assholes. I thank them.

Well you know what? You're one of the lucky ones. Count yourself fortunate, because not everyone can come away from that. You should be the last one, then, to talk about anyone committing suicide over being bullied, because you know how it feels.

Wintertide

Sp00ky GuRl
Awards
This guy is like all the others:

An eighth grader in the Houston area, Asher Brown, has committed suicide after being relentlessly bullied at school
A US college student committed suicide the day after authorities say two fellow students surreptitiously recorded him having sex with a man in his dorm room and broadcast it over the internet. Tyler Clementi of New Jersey jumped off the George Washington Bridge, a lawyer for his family said. His body hasn’t been recovered. (This guy)

Seth, a student at Jacobsen Middle School in Tehachapi, Calif., was found unconscious and not breathing on Sept. 19 after he apparently tried to hang himself from a tree in his backyard, according to a police report obtained by The Bakersfield Californian. Friends said that Seth had been picked on for years because he was gay. He later passed away

What I had to say:

They committed suicide because people were picking on him. They may be the most stupidest kids ever. Wow, they got bullied for being gay. Deal. People are bullied all the time and they have to deal with that shit just like everyone else. I hate it when I hear stuff like this like “Boy/Girl died because he was bullied by kids at school”. Like you are the only one. Just acting selfish and only thinking about yourself and never thinking about how other people are going to feel when you’re gone. Don’t let words bring you down because if you do, it shows how much you can’t stand up for yourself and do something about it. Either way, no one should be bullied for anything. Everyone has their flaws and no one is ever perfect. Suicide is not the way to go because you have your whole entire life ahead of you and if you kill yourself now, you’ll never know of all the good things that could have happened to you.

I am in no way homophobic either.

Wintertide

Sp00ky GuRl
Awards
As you can tell, I am very annoyed about all these suicides. Earlier in my life I would have pitied the fools but now I do not have the tolerance. The girl that killed herself over cyber bullying did it for me.

Captain Garlock

Did I ever tell you I love red?
Well you know what? You're one of the lucky ones. Count yourself fortunate, because not everyone can come away from that. You should be the last one, then, to talk about anyone committing suicide over being bullied, because you know how it feels.

I do consider myself lucky. The fatc of the matter is I can understand how this guy feels I can understand. The fact is Id like to believe theres a reason for one to kill themselves but in this time period it seems to be every teens easy button. When life goes wrong EASY BUTTON. Obviously i can relate tot he guy but I cant say I can see how killing yourself does any good as your only making the bullies happy. Making your loved ones upset sad and confused. Who really wins? You dont. Your family doesnt. So who really wins? No one.

The girl that killed herself over cyber bullying did it for me.

So we do have shit in common she did it for me too.

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
ya i know, people gonna treat you like shit and most of your life ruined with your identity coupled with previous issues, and you have the nerve to commit such an act.

Fractured_Heart628

Bronze Member
As you can tell, I am very annoyed about all these suicides. Earlier in my life I would have pitied the fools but now I do not have the tolerance. The girl that killed herself over cyber bullying did it for me.

Yeah, I agree with you. Bullying is just some idiots picking on someone they think is weak. And, I've seen it go around pretty badly. One the victim usually kills himself/herself. Two, they get revenge on their tormenters by murder. Or, they simply just let the person beat them up or just getting the bully off their hands saying they're not worth it. I can't say much about this situation. Because, I don't know much about him or his life. But, may his soul rest in peace now.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
mypage.na.square-enix.com
I do consider myself lucky. The fatc of the matter is I can understand how this guy feels I can understand. The fact is Id like to believe theres a reason for one to kill themselves but in this time period it seems to be every teens easy button. When life goes wrong EASY BUTTON. Obviously i can relate tot he guy but I cant say I can see how killing yourself does any good as your only making the bullies happy. Making your loved ones upset sad and confused. Who really wins? You dont. Your family doesnt. So who really wins? No one.

That's probably what goes through a suicidal person's mind. They can't win, there's no other way out. People would be better off without them when they're gone, they wouldn't be such a burden to their loved ones. They just give up the will to live.

Wintertide

Sp00ky GuRl
Awards
Eh, found this on CBS and Tumblr:

CBS) The suicide of Rutgers University freshman Tyler Clementi is being called a hate crime by a gay rights group.

CBS News National Correspondent Jeff Glor reported on "The Early Show" Thursday from Rutgers, in New Brunswick, N.J., that a group called Garden State Equality is making the claim, and saying Clementi's case is emblematic of a widespread problem.

Tyler Clementi, Taped Having Sex, Kills Self

Nine out of 10 gay, lesbian and bisexual students are bullied in school, according to a 2007 survey by the Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network. And they are four times more likely to attempt suicide, according to a 2007 Massachusetts youth risk survey.

Clementi, an accomplished violin player, just 18 years old, jumped off the George Washington Bridge after his roommate secretly streamed on the Internet a live recording of him having sex with another man. Officials believe a body recovered from the Hudson River is Clementi's.

A Clementi family lawyer released a statement saying, "Tyler was a fine young man and a distinguished musician. The family is heartbroken beyond words."

Though Clementi's sexual orientation is not known, gay activists, such as David Savage, are speaking out on his behalf. Savage told CBS News, "What gay and lesbian kids most fear is rejection by their family, rejection at the hands of their friends, judgment from their preachers and their teachers."

Clementi's roommate, Dharun Ravi, and Molly Wei have been charged with invasion of privacy for spying on Clementi, and could serve five years in prison.

On "The Early Show," co-anchor Maggie Rodriguez said she spoke with someone from Rutgers University. Rodriguez said, "They don't believe it is a case of a student abusing social media, but an isolated incident of one student spying on another."

Is that the case?

Dr. Jennifer Hartstein, an "Early Show" contributor and child and adolescent psychologist, said it's a bigger problem than that.

She said, "It is one thing to spy and watch it yourself, and another to broadcast to thousands who might want to tune in. I think that's really important -- they are missing the boat -- that social media is a major way to get information out and he broadcast it to who knows how many tuned in and watched what was going on."

Hartstein said Clementi was probably going through a number of things after he learned he was spied on.

She said, "He's already more worried about judgments. He's already more worried about how he will fit in and where he fits in and struggling with that, we can assume, as that happens in a lot of gay teenagers. We then have to figure out -- here it is, he's struggling with that already, and then his roommate takes advantage of that and preys on the weakness that is this uncertainty and this fear. So then, now where does he go? Now he's outed, we think, we don't know, but maybe no one even knew (of) these interests, or he was bisexual or if he was gay. And now, everybody knows, and he now has to answer to all of that, and doesn't necessarily know how. And, sadly, the only option becomes suicide, because they don't think they can do kind of enough damage control or deal with it enough."

So what can be done to avoid cases like this in the future?

Hartstein said everyone, from parents to schools to the federal government, should be working to make sure anti-bullying legislation includes LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans-gender) kids and adults.

"I think we have to start at the top and work our way down, and we really need to create no-tolerance," she said. "We don't tolerate bullying of the kid with glasses or the heavy kid, but we do tolerate bullying of gay kids. We say, 'Oh, you're such a fag.' It's not OK anymore. We need to really start to really put that into play consistently -- parents, schools, government, all-around."

What I see is that people get bullied all the time and no one really does shit but when a gay guy or some person of race is involved everyone now starts to give a shit.

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
suicide is so easy, like i just take the gun and i shoot not like i'm human being with emotion

cuz emotions and feelings, dynamics and factors, all of those are for wimps

Captain Garlock

What I see is that people get bullied all the time and no one really does shit but when a gay guy or some person of race is involved everyone now starts to give a shit.

Yeah because there not diferent so to speak.
Honestly it angers me but the the ignorance of society.

Fractured_Heart628

Bronze Member
suicide is so easy, like i just take the gun and i shoot not like i'm human being with emotion

cuz emotions and feelings, dynamics and factors, all of those are for wimps

Suicide's not easy when you have your loved ones in mind and how they are going to feel once you're gone. It's easier if you didn't have anything to lose.

Wintertide

Sp00ky GuRl
Awards
Suicide's not easy when you have your loved ones in mind and how they are going to feel once you're gone. It's easier if you didn't have anything to lose.
No, its easy. So easy a caveman can do it. If that was so true, I'd see less suicides.

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
._.

I was being verbally ironic

I wonder how many of you have ever held guns to your heads, or stood on a bridge before

Captain Garlock

Cant we all agree on something here.
My whole point is suicide is never justified.

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Cant we all agree on something here.
My whole point is suicide is never justified.

That defeats the purpose of a discussion, we talk about issues because we have different points-of-views and talking about an issue gives us more points-of-views to consider, because they're like rivers, eventually you get to the ocean and a point-of-view becomes a perspective

And why do we want a perspective? Because multiple perspectives leads into something more, we gain sympathy and understanding. Sympathy leads to empathy which, ultimately, leads to a better world.

We become almost enlightened, because wisdom is what happens when you combine love with intelligence.

Just my humble opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back