• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Gay college student commits suicide

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Garlock

Did I ever tell you I love red?
They have feelings but in the end there is never a reason to kill yourself no matter whats been done toward you if you need help go seek help. Thats all I feel. In times like this bigger shits going down theres a revolution to be made and we need everyone to help make it a better world/nation why kill yourself when history is to be made and your the stepping stones.
I dont know this kid endured but it could not have been that bad if it was I hope no one else has to deal with it..R.I.P

I would just like to stop the arguments as we will never agree on anything because its pointless.

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
That defeats the purpose of a discussion, we talk about issues because we have different points-of-views and talking about an issue gives us more points-of-views to consider, because they're like rivers, eventually you get to the ocean and a point-of-view becomes a perspective

And why do we want a perspective? Because multiple perspectives leads into something more, we gain sympathy and understanding. Sympathy leads to empathy which, ultimately, leads to a better world.

We become almost enlightened, because wisdom is what happens when you combine love with intelligence.

Just my humble opinion.

Expanding on this, do I like suicide? Absolutely not. Do I condone it? Nope. But I understand, or at least I try to. I try to understand the why. Because to me, the why is the highest question you can ask in critical thinking.

I sympathise, and then I empathise. And you know what? It makes me softer, it makes me want to go to someone who feels oppressed because people exploit their identity, which again, I believe is sacred.

Condemning suicide won't get you anywhere, condemning oppression might. Just maybe

Captain Garlock

Did I ever tell you I love red?
Why does mean alot in this situation. I dont know why he did it. That would nice to know why. Now a days suicide is something that should not be done. Did the boy try to get help? Did he talk to a counselor? I cant feel bad for someone when more than likely they did not proceed to get help. Once youve heard a hand full there all the same man. Killing ones self over there own feelings and being caught by society is to me absurd I cant wrap my head around it. If he was this confused or what ever it may be about his sexuality he could of gotten help. Suicide should be the last attempt if any attempt. Oppression? We are all opressed as we can never reach our full potential or selves in my eyes.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
mypage.na.square-enix.com
You. Don't. Know. Anything. About this guy's life. You can't say whether he did or did not go to get help. As sad as it is, some people do get to the point where they're beyond help. And not everyone is open-minded towards homosexuality, even counselors.

Reika Noko

Forever lurking
Instead of bitching about the other side of the story that the article doesn't talk about, you could just, you know, walk over to Sankaku on the article about the same thing.

And if you guys are too lazy, I'll just give you the rundown: His roommate decided it would be fun to humiliate his gay roomie since he was using their room for his 'sexual adventures' from 9:30 up until midnight so much. So he, with the help of another friend, secretly video taped him with a webcam. Live. On iChat. (And always twittered about them too, btw.) Such live video sessions gained attention of the guy's 148 followers. They all sympathized him for having to put up with his friend using their room all the time for gay sex. His gay roommate was shocked at the fact that the ones seeing this video were more concerned about his roommate's well-being knowing the fact that two guys just had sex in there instead of the fact that he basically just did something illegal. Shame had overwhelmed him and decided to jump over the George Washington Bridge. Leaving a final update on his Facebook:
Jumping off the gw bridge sorry.
tl;dr Gay guy used the room for sex most of the time. Roommate got fed up and told ppl about it on the internet, including live videos. Watchers sympathize with roommate over how he could even put up with his roommate being gay. Gay guy jumps off bridge in response.

I think you guys can tell from his FB update that no he did not get help and was probably a spur of the moment thing. Stop arguing.

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
I guess you could say the roommate's plan took one hell of a nosedive.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane

Oh my god o.o

Yeah I saw this on sxephils thing. Its sad that he got outed by his dumbass roommate. I don't think suicide is neccesary but really, is it ever neccesary? Rest In Peace guy

A Wicked Dawn

Expanding on this, do I like suicide? Absolutely not. Do I condone it? Nope. But I understand, or at least I try to. I try to understand the why. Because to me, the why is the highest question you can ask in critical thinking.

I sympathise, and then I empathise. And you know what? It makes me softer, it makes me want to go to someone who feels oppressed because people exploit their identity, which again, I believe is sacred.

Condemning suicide won't get you anywhere, condemning oppression might. Just maybe

You took the words out of my mouth. I second this entirely.

Life really went downhill from there for Ty.

Reika Noko

Forever lurking
Even though some people over the internet know how the story goes by now since the talk about the videos had already been circulating at the time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back