• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

General Capcom Discussion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Ink Ribbon

Awards
So I decided to make a general discussion thread for all things pertaining to Capcom gaming properties.

What are the games you like from this company?

Are there any particular games you want to see re-released or rebooted?

Any special memories or favorite characters you want to discuss?

Capcom has a huge impact on my gaming experience, going back as far as Arcade style and NES. I’ll just touch base with some of the titles though.

Resident Evil

I’ve been a fan since the original back in 1996 and still get the nostalgia chills when the dogs jump through the window. I will forever cherish the awful voice acting for the treasure that it is lol. Jill Valentine and Albert Wesker are at the top of my favs list so you can imagine how much I spazzed out when RE3 Remake was announced. Capcom has recaptured their roots with RE7 and RE2 Remake so hopefully the trend continues. They've had their mix of bad, average and good titles along the way but there's something about the series that keeps me coming back regardless. RE isn't what you call a deep series like Silent Hill, but it doesn't have to be. It's a fun campy thrill ride with some cheesy dialogue, creepy monsters and crazy viruses. Like Devil May Cry, it knows what it is and runs with it. Bring on RE3 Remake and maybe RE8 eventually!

Order of favorites to least:

-RE1/RE1 Remake
-RE3
-RE2/RE2 Remake
-Code Veronica
-RE4
-RE5
-Revelations 1
-Revelations 2
-Dead Aim
-Umbrella/Darkside Chronicles
-RE6
-Operation Raccoon City
Survivor, Gaiden and Umbrella Corps are so awful they don't even make the list lol. The others I atleast got something out of the story, gameplay, or just by having fun with friends.

Devil May Cry

Probably the third favorite series on my list after RE and KH. I love me some hack n’ slash even though I might not be super great at it. Seriously, I’m not about that Heaven or Hell Mode lol. Love the characters, the mythos with Sparda and the monsters and the awesome music. Except for DMC2 and DmC. Those exist and that’s about it lol. Though I will say that I like Lucia and hope she gets used to again. Speaking of DMC5, it really blew away my expectations. You could say it filled my dark soul with liiiiight. Hahaha! *gets punched* V actually rose to the top spot of my fav character list along with his super awesome band of familiar misfits. I know we have the V manga and prequel novel, but I would still like to get a gameplay mode to go into further detail on V and a certain someone else. It probably won't happen but one can dream. Whatever the future of the series holds though, I’m looking forward to it.

Favorites to least favorites:

-DMC5
-DMC3
-DMC1
-DMC4
-DMC2

Okami

This game is literally a work of art. The music, the calligraphy style motif, the story and characters are all just so beautiful and charming. The gameplay is very unique too. It involves button mashing but also the use of various brushing techniques to defeat enemies. I haven't gotten a chance to play the sequel yet but do hope so soon once I can get another DS. I really can’t say enough good things about it and definitely at the top of my recommendation list.

Haunting Ground

This might not be a title many have heard of. It came out a few months after RE4 and sadly didn’t meet sales expectations. Considered to be the unsung Clock Tower 4, you play as Fiona trying to escape several stalkers in a huge castle. You have Hewie, your dog companion, there to assist you along the way. If you’ve played RE4, then you might remember the dog you saved at the beginning of the game, who later assists you in the El Gigante fight. This was Hewie making a cameo. Now I should warn everyone, the themes of this game might not be to your liking. If you’ve played Silent Hill, then you probably wouldn’t have an issue with this. Definitely research it though if you do find an interest. It's a very puzzle driven game, with some wonky frustrating mechanics and centers around hiding from the enemy like Clock Tower. It can be a rewarding experience, mostly for the relationship Fiona builds with Hewie. I’m honestly hoping this gets a remake or HD release at some point.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 246005

I've played Megaman as a kid but now I just play Devil May Cry. I dug DMCV and I wouldn't mind a DMC x Darkstalkers game. They feel like an easy crossover to have.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I kinda wish they would do a Power Stone 3 or some sort of spiritual successor. Like maybe Sega vs. Capcom but with PS gameplay.

mouflon

Awards
Oh, Haunting Ground! That's one of those games I've only played once but remember enjoying quite a lot (and also getting frustrated at a lot, haha) and I think a sequel/remake/what have you would be cool. I've seen the comparisons to Clock Tower, too, though I've never played any of those. I seem to remember hearing weird stuff about Clock Tower 3 (I think) where the series starts getting dumb with full-on, like, mahou shoujo stuff or something. Apparently, it was not well liked.

My favourite Capcom series is Breath of Fire--it's one of my favourite game series generally anyway, with V being one of my all-time favourite games. A shame Capcom's attempts to ressurrect the series after so many years resulted in VI, a mobile game got pulled after one year or something stupidly short and had awful reviews. Part of me hopes that maybe one day we will see remakes of the first five or another installment more similar to its predecessors, but I'd rather they leave the series dead and buried if stuff like VI is all they can think to do with it.

I really enjoy Ace Attorney, too. I remember I took forever to finally sit down and play Spirit of Justice but when I did, I was blown away by how much I enjoyed it. It's had its ups and downs, but it feels like a series that's generally maintained its strong character and enjoyment value over the years.

Resident Evil is on my To-Play list and has been for many years. I've been told I won't be missing out on much by skipping the original PS versions and to just grab the 2 and 3 remakes. I might just do that eventually.

OneDandelion

Awards
Im surprised you didn't mention Monster Hunter although I don't play it, I know for a lot of people its their favorite Capcom game series. I've tried getting into it a couple times but its just a bit too time consuming for me.

My personal favorite is Okami and I wish they would do more with this series - maybe not necessarily games featuring Amaterasu but events that took place in the world. It is an interesting setting with a lot of potential for future games or just a remaster, the art and music alone is worth bringing it back into the next generation.

I've been waiting for capcom to really do something with Megaman for a while. Megaman 1 and 2 were maybe my favorite nes games growing up but all of the sequels were either just reinventions of the first couple games or failed experiments. I would love for them to find a way to bring this series back as a 3rd person shooter but I guess its too risky for them. I mean look what people think about Metroid Other M which was sort of a test run of how those old games could be adapted with modern graphics. As far as shooters go people would rather opt in for a first person experience which works well for metroid but probably wouldn't as much for megaman

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I've been waiting for capcom to really do something with Megaman for a while. Megaman 1 and 2 were maybe my favorite nes games growing up but all of the sequels were either just reinventions of the first couple games or failed experiments. I would love for them to find a way to bring this series back as a 3rd person shooter but I guess its too risky for them. I mean look what people think about Metroid Other M which was sort of a test run of how those old games could be adapted with modern graphics. As far as shooters go people would rather opt in for a first person experience which works well for metroid but probably wouldn't as much for megaman
My dream MM game would be developed by Insomniac. Get the Ratchet & Clank guys to apply their experience in 3rd person 3D platforming & gunplay with wacky weaponry tot he MM universe.

Ink Ribbon

Awards
I've played Megaman as a kid but now I just play Devil May Cry. I dug DMCV and I wouldn't mind a DMC x Darkstalkers game. They feel like an easy crossover to have.

I played a bunch of Megaman too when I was younger though sadly it never really stuck further than that. I read up that CC was apparently registering trademarks for Dino Crisis and Darkstalkers again. So maybe you'll get your crossover or a reboot atleast.

I kinda wish they would do a Power Stone 3 or some sort of spiritual successor. Like maybe Sega vs. Capcom but with PS gameplay.

I actually never got a chance to play that game. I looked up some videos and it looks like a fun beat em' up. I don't remember if I've seen them in a Marvel vs Capcom game at all because they would fit right in there.

Oh, Haunting Ground! That's one of those games I've only played once but remember enjoying quite a lot (and also getting frustrated at a lot, haha) and I think a sequel/remake/what have you would be cool. I've seen the comparisons to Clock Tower, too, though I've never played any of those. I seem to remember hearing weird stuff about Clock Tower 3 (I think) where the series starts getting dumb with full-on, like, mahou shoujo stuff or something. Apparently, it was not well liked.

My favourite Capcom series is Breath of Fire--it's one of my favourite game series generally anyway, with V being one of my all-time favourite games. A shame Capcom's attempts to ressurrect the series after so many years resulted in VI, a mobile game got pulled after one year or something stupidly short and had awful reviews. Part of me hopes that maybe one day we will see remakes of the first five or another installment more similar to its predecessors, but I'd rather they leave the series dead and buried if stuff like VI is all they can think to do with it.

I really enjoy Ace Attorney, too. I remember I took forever to finally sit down and play Spirit of Justice but when I did, I was blown away by how much I enjoyed it. It's had its ups and downs, but it feels like a series that's generally maintained its strong character and enjoyment value over the years.

Resident Evil is on my To-Play list and has been for many years. I've been told I won't be missing out on much by skipping the original PS versions and to just grab the 2 and 3 remakes. I might just do that eventually.

Ahh , it's so nice that someone remembers Haunting Ground! It definitely was a very frustrating but rewarding experience lol.
I never got into Clock Tower either so I can't confirm that one lol. I've never really been one to try the flee from the enemy genre so HG was my first experience. Thankfully you atleast had the ability to kick, use Hewie and some alchemy to your defense. Otherwise, I'd probably cry if Fiona was entirely defenseless.

Breathe of Fire and Ace Attorney are my on my to-do lists too! Yeah I'm not much of a mobile fan myself. I'll watch videos of it, like I do with KHUX. But otherwise I would rather invest the time playing on a console.

Oh definitely give RE a try if you get the chance. I do recommend playing the Origins collection first since it has RE1 and RE0 packaged together. It gives the background information you'll need before jumping into RE2 and 3. Though play RE1 before RE0 because it'll give away the plot twist if you play them chronologically. Playing the old PS games is entirely up to you. The remakes have done a good job of updating the story without really infringing on the original canon. I do think they're worth atleast trying out once for the classic horror campiness.

Im surprised you didn't mention Monster Hunter although I don't play it, I know for a lot of people its their favorite Capcom game series. I've tried getting into it a couple times but its just a bit too time consuming for me.

My personal favorite is Okami and I wish they would do more with this series - maybe not necessarily games featuring Amaterasu but events that took place in the world. It is an interesting setting with a lot of potential for future games or just a remaster, the art and music alone is worth bringing it back into the next generation.

I actually have only played the newest rendition of Monster Hunter but haven't gotten a chance to finish it. It's a very fun game but it's something I prefer to co-op with friends. Since it does require some serious grind like you said, it's not something that really fits into time at the moment. Hopefully soon though.

My only thinking there's not been more done with Okami centers around the dissolving of Clover Studios. The Okami developers have moved on to other companies and there could be a licensing issue. Otherwise, there's definitely so much opportunity to continue the story. The DS game with Ammy's son was cute, but a proper console sequel is where it's at lol.

Yeah I've always wondered what they would end up doing with Megaman. He always seems to end up being used just in Marvel vs Capcom or item/costume-based appearances but never a new installment.

mouflon

Awards
Ahh , it's so nice that someone remembers Haunting Ground! It definitely was a very frustrating but rewarding experience lol.
I never got into Clock Tower either so I can't confirm that one lol. I've never really been one to try the flee from the enemy genre so HG was my first experience. Thankfully you atleast had the ability to kick, use Hewie and some alchemy to your defense. Otherwise, I'd probably cry if Fiona was entirely defenseless.

Haunting Ground was my first... "Run and Hide" genre game, too. Or maybe my second. I played Rule of Rose around the same time and they both have some striking similarities, plus it was so long ago... I think I played HG first, though. I feel like more games should have adorable dog companions.

Thanks for the heads up about the RE Origins Collection. I didn't even know it existed! I'm the kind of person who, went she gets into a new series, like to start from the beginning if possible, even if it's not necessary. I'll definitely pick this up.

Speaking of Clover Studios--Viewtiful Joe and God Hand! I much preferred these two to Okami personally, but the games Clover made were all so fun and bombastic. I'm still kinda bitter we didn't get a Viewtiful Joe trilogy... Plus imagine how eye-meltingly gorgeous an Okami sequel could look on modern consoles. Dang...

Ink Ribbon

Awards
Haunting Ground was my first... "Run and Hide" genre game, too. Or maybe my second. I played Rule of Rose around the same time and they both have some striking similarities, plus it was so long ago... I think I played HG first, though. I feel like more games should have adorable dog companions.

Thanks for the heads up about the RE Origins Collection. I didn't even know it existed! I'm the kind of person who, went she gets into a new series, like to start from the beginning if possible, even if it's not necessary. I'll definitely pick this up.

Speaking of Clover Studios--Viewtiful Joe and God Hand! I much preferred these two to Okami personally, but the games Clover made were all so fun and bombastic. I'm still kinda bitter we didn't get a Viewtiful Joe trilogy... Plus imagine how eye-meltingly gorgeous an Okami sequel could look on modern consoles. Dang...

I've heard of Rule of Rose too but never got to play it. Apparently it was pretty frustrating like HG was so I'd probably be raging lol. If you want to try another animal companion game, then check out The Last Guardian. It's not Capcom but an Ueda title. The game mechanics are a little outdated and frustrating at times but I love the relationship built between the boy and his companion Trico.

You're welcome! If you need anymore info on RE, let me know. Happy to hear you're trying it out! I'd like to hear what you think of it.

Ugh yeah I wish Clover Studios hadn't gotten dissolved so quickly. I never got to play those two games either but I do want to try them out! My backlog is growing by the day lol! We definitely need some of these games revisited aside from just being regulated to costume/item cameos.

mouflon

Awards
Yeah, Rule of Rose actually felt pretty similar to Haunting Ground. The atmosphere definitely felt a bit more toned down and... I wanna say gross and creepy whereas Haunting Ground was more scary and tense. If you liked Haunting Ground I'd say it's worth checking out.

I've played (and loved) The Last Guardian! I literally spent so much time in that game just cuddling Trico. It really nailed that feeling that Trico was its own animal and not just an extension of the player.

Forgetful as I am, I actually looked up a list of Capcom games on Wikipedia and there's quite a few I really enjoyed. Dragon's Dogma surprised me with how good it was when it came out and it's one I keep meaning to go back and replay. The character creation was just obscenely funny to me... my most recent file, I made my Pawn look like a little boy, but made his voice as deep as possible. Everytime he spoke I giggled to myself.

Apparently killer7 was published by Capcom which I absolutely loved, too. I knew Shinji Mikami directed it like he did the Clover stuff, but since it was published by Capcom, I'll count it too haha.

Dead Rising! I only played the first one and never actually finished the story, but I had a blast with this too. It had a nice level of goofiness that set it apart from every other zombie game under the sun at the time. If I ever run out of games to play (unlikely!) I might pick it up again cheap.

Ink Ribbon

Awards
Yeah, Rule of Rose actually felt pretty similar to Haunting Ground. The atmosphere definitely felt a bit more toned down and... I wanna say gross and creepy whereas Haunting Ground was more scary and tense. If you liked Haunting Ground I'd say it's worth checking out.

I've played (and loved) The Last Guardian! I literally spent so much time in that game just cuddling Trico. It really nailed that feeling that Trico was its own animal and not just an extension of the player.

Forgetful as I am, I actually looked up a list of Capcom games on Wikipedia and there's quite a few I really enjoyed. Dragon's Dogma surprised me with how good it was when it came out and it's one I keep meaning to go back and replay. The character creation was just obscenely funny to me... my most recent file, I made my Pawn look like a little boy, but made his voice as deep as possible. Everytime he spoke I giggled to myself.

Apparently killer7 was published by Capcom which I absolutely loved, too. I knew Shinji Mikami directed it like he did the Clover stuff, but since it was published by Capcom, I'll count it too haha.

Dead Rising! I only played the first one and never actually finished the story, but I had a blast with this too. It had a nice level of goofiness that set it apart from every other zombie game under the sun at the time. If I ever run out of games to play (unlikely!) I might pick it up again cheap.

I'll have to check to see if I can find a cheap copy of RoR. If it's anything like HG, it's probably running up in the $100+ range for a used copy lol.

Aw that's awesome you got to play TLG too! Trico is just so lovable! Everyone needs a Trico they can cuddle lol.

Dragon's Dogma and Killer7 are ones that I've heard about too but never played. If you can create your character in DD, I might actually have to get a copy of that. I'm all for that! Haha I can imagine a villain thinking he's just a kid but then he gets hit with that jarring deep voice lol. "Like this kid's going to beat me? As if you could-! Well shit I'm about to die."

I've played Dead Rising 1, 2 and 4 but not 3 yet. I'm awful at timed event stuff so I usually always ran out the timer purposely to level up and pummel zombies in comedic ways. So technically I have never gotten the good ending to these games lol. I have no idea how I could ever save all the survivors because I love putzing around too much. I mean, it's entirely possible but I don't quite have the skills (and patience lol) for that haha. I think you can get DR1 and 2 at a pretty cheap price right now. DR4 has a lot of mixed opinions because they changed up Frank West's character and the overall game mechanics. It does have a game breaking bug too if you don't play a particular mode so heads up on that. Capcom never got to fixing it because that development team ended up getting shut down. Just a heads up if you purchase it.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Mega Man! I suck at these games but I continue to play them in the hopes of getting good. Mega Man 4 I play the most. I cannot play the Mega Man games without the Legacy Collection save states though, lol. I'm only semi good at Battle Network and Starforce.

Is the Street Fighter series Capcom? If so that's a series I've watched from afar but never got to play myself :(

Ink Ribbon

Awards
Mega Man! I suck at these games but I continue to play them in the hopes of getting good. Mega Man 4 I play the most. I cannot play the Mega Man games without the Legacy Collection save states though, lol. I'm only semi good at Battle Network and Starforce.

Is the Street Fighter series Capcom? If so that's a series I've watched from afar but never got to play myself :(

No worries, I feel you there. I've only played the original three but I got rekt all the time lol. As long as you have fun though! That's all that matters!

Yep, Street Fighter is Capcom! I'm not good at fighting games so I've only limited myself to playing 2. I think they need to consider going back to a story mode instead of just strictly online fighting. They've got a huge roster of fun characters to work with and I always crave that lore lol.

D

Deleted member 32967

Capcom has the rights to the Clock Tower series, yet they've ignored it since 2003. I think the first one is the best. But it was a point and click game, so maybe some players won't enjoy it. However, Scissorman is iconic.

D

Deleted member 252753

I absolutely love the Ace Attorney series. As they've gone on after the first three, the stories have gotten a little messy and new mechanics are a bit hit-and-miss but they are still really fun and have some great cases.

I would be really happy if they released all the side games in the West but unfortunately that seems very unlikely.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I don't recall it being announced.
They confirmed they began working on it immediately after seeing 11's success.

I absolutely love the Ace Attorney series. As they've gone on after the first three, the stories have gotten a little messy and new mechanics are a bit hit-and-miss but they are still really fun and have some great cases.

I would be really happy if they released all the side games in the West but unfortunately that seems very unlikely.
Hopefully we get a GS7 announcement in e3.

They could HD Remaster the spinoffs. Now that Ace Attorney has gone multiplat, they can recuperate costs in various fronts now.

Back