• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

General opinion on the Keyblade Armors? (poll & images)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Your answer?

• I like it

Votes: 15 78.9%
  • It’s alright

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Eh not bad

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still prefer the Black Coat

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t like it

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
I appreciate any change in costume because I love the variety of alternate outfits. I hope they bring back the costume collect from Fragmentary Passage because I am so much more motivated to collect costumes than I am to collect puzzle pieces.

On the one hand, I think the Keyblade Armors are nice that they are completely unique to each character. It adds a little bit of personality and injects a bit of that "fantasy" element to the character designs that are otherwise fairly modern in style.

On the other hand...I hate armor. Like, a lot. Some of my least favorite character designs were the Judges from FFXII just because of those huge clunky armor sets with equally ridiculous helmets. It's bizarre because I LOVE knights, but yuck do I hate full suits of armor. I much prefer a somewhat blended aesthetic where you can still see a characters face. I also hate how chunky they make everyone feel.

I do prefer the designs for DR armors over the BBS cast because they lean more into a Samurai/Shogun helmet design which feels more practical and fitting to the time period to me somehow. The BBS armors didn't seem like they meshed with the characters' personalities very well. Terra's armor was so shiny and bold which really seemed to go against the whole "lets not attract attention when we visit places" thing.

Overall I want the armor sets to stay as a relic of the past and move onto something different altogether. They make the characters look pointy and cold when they are in them which is odd for a cast that for the most part are supposed to be warm and kind.

I really hope Sora, Riku and Kairi never get armor. I want them to get their own unique thing as a symbol of times moving forward into a new "era".

Foxycian

Awards
I appreciate any change in costume because I love the variety of alternate outfits. I hope they bring back the costume collect from Fragmentary Passage because I am so much more motivated to collect costumes than I am to collect puzzle pieces.

On the one hand, I think the Keyblade Armors are nice that they are completely unique to each character. It adds a little bit of personality and injects a bit of that "fantasy" element to the character designs that are otherwise fairly modern in style.

On the other hand...I hate armor. Like, a lot. Some of my least favorite character designs were the Judges from FFXII just because of those huge clunky armor sets with equally ridiculous helmets. It's bizarre because I LOVE knights, but yuck do I hate full suits of armor. I much prefer a somewhat blended aesthetic where you can still see a characters face. I also hate how chunky they make everyone feel.

I do prefer the designs for DR armors over the BBS cast because they lean more into a Samurai/Shogun helmet design which feels more practical and fitting to the time period to me somehow. The BBS armors didn't seem like they meshed with the characters' personalities very well. Terra's armor was so shiny and bold which really seemed to go against the whole "lets not attract attention when we visit places" thing.

Overall I want the armor sets to stay as a relic of the past and move onto something different altogether. They make the characters look pointy and cold when they are in them which is odd for a cast that for the most part are supposed to be warm and kind.

I really hope Sora, Riku and Kairi never get armor. I want them to get their own unique thing as a symbol of times moving forward into a new "era".
I do agree to a certain extent (even tho the BBS Armors is considered a modern thing), tho on the bright side, each trio seem to have their own thing. the Armor is mainly the BBS & Dark Road gang thing.

Last edited:

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I've never been a huge fan of the Keyblade Armor. I actually think it looked clunky in BBS's battles especially the end when they had the helmets off. Because of the magical nature of Kingdom Hearts I feel it's really unnecessary but I don't hate them. I'll say this, I think the Dark Road Keybalde Armor is the best designs they've done so far, maybe because of their Kamen Rider appeal.

I'm fine with the armor being a TAV gimmick, but I hope it stays with their old school style. I don't want to see Sora, Riku, and Kairi getting armor because they don't need it and I find the magical clothes of the heroes more appealing then stuffing them in armor that hides their faces.

Awards
I've always liked the idea of the Keyblade Armor. Maybe nostalgia for The Gathering has something to do with it. It's also where it looked the best in my opinion.
1200px-The_Gathering_04_KHII.png
That being said, a good idea isn't always executed well. For example it's unfortunate that Aqua fell victim to the cliched "Boob Armor". It's really out of place in a Disney game and I wish they never did it. I'm also not the biggest fan of the DR designs, they're a little too Power Ranger for my taste.

Foxycian

Awards
I've always liked the idea of the Keyblade Armor. Maybe nostalgia for The Gathering has something to do with it. It's also where it looked the best in my opinion.
View attachment 15748
That being said, a good idea isn't always executed well. For example it's unfortunate that Aqua fell victim to the cliched "Boob Armor". It's really out of place in a Disney game and I wish they never did it. I'm also not the biggest fan of the DR designs, they're a little too Power Ranger for my taste.
Which Armor would you say is your favorite in terms of design overall?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I like the armors well enough both design and concept wise. With Terra and Eraqus' armors as my favorites. When I was younger I thought it would be cool if all of the wielders had armor, lol. Though now I get why some fans feel it should be limited to just the characters from Scala and Land of Departure

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I don't like them and I prefer the Black Coat. Although the Black Coats got old after a while.

I'm also not the biggest fan of the DR designs, they're a little too Power Ranger for my taste.
I felt the same way about the BbS armor myself.
SweetYetSalty said:
I don't want to see Sora, Riku, and Kairi getting armor because they don't need it
Yeah, I definitely do not want that to happen.

Last edited:

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Terra's left arm piece looks like it's meant to slide open to insert a trading card for a Kamen Rider form change.

Last edited:
Awards
I like the armor a lot but at the same time it's overrated, especially when the big scene the armors showed up in showed TAV being stomped.

Back in the pre-KH3 to early years after its announcement people were just obsessed with the thought of SRK getting armor too cuz it just looked cool I guess and it was in the time where the fanbase kinda just...tried turning SRK into TAV 2.0 in every way[except for design in regards to Riku he just had like two bits of Terra's design while everything else was just his KH2 outfit recolored.]

But I was always just "they don't need the armor".

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
I dunno, I like them. I also don't mind people wanting to make their own versions for SRK or RAX, because its good to imagine them once in a while. Also agree that they looked best in The Gathering. I don't know why, but I much prefer their sepia color palette there than in BBS. KH is a very colorful series, so I don't mind them being colorful, but the sepia palette looks very nice to me.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Back in the pre-KH3 to early years after its announcement people were just obsessed with the thought of SRK getting armor too cuz it just looked cool I guess and it was in the time where the fanbase kinda just...tried turning SRK into TAV 2.0 in every way[except for design in regards to Riku he just had like two bits of Terra's design while everything else was just his KH2 outfit recolored.]
I was going to say that to me it's funny people tried to shove Riku into Terra's role because Riku fits more with Aqua based on color schemes. But then of course there's Terra's issues with darkness and Xehanort. Which got me thinking....

The longer I think about it, in a way I think of it almost as if Nomura took aspects of Riku and Sora and then switched them with Aqua and Terra. Terra has colors more similar to Sora, is more of a standard hero type like Sora as well as being kind of...dumb like Sora (lbr) combined with Riku's story of being tempted and manipulated by darkness, having his body stolen, etc. Aqua is more reserved with the blue colors and the air of strength/responsibility like Riku (compare Ventus saying "You've changed" to Aqua to Kairi saying the same about Riku to Sora at Destiny Islands in 1) while being the "good" character who's always seeking to rescue the others a la Sora. She even falls into darkness to save Terra, much how Sora fell to darkness to release Kairi and then dived into the End of the World to save Riku.

I guess that means Ventus is more like Kairi. Both figures of light, she being a PoH and him having his heart split or whatever. Him being "asleep" at the end and needing to be rescued does remind me of Kairi constantly disappearing, "dying," having to be found a la Princess Peach, etc. And then his history in the mobile game reminds me of Kairi's convoluted history of not really being from Destiny Islands but from Radiant Garden. Of course, his design isn't swapped with anyone's, but if you think about it, green is the opposite of purple, which was Kairi's dominant color.

Last edited:

Foxycian

Awards
I was going to say that to me it's funny people tried to shove Riku into Terra's role because Riku fits more with Aqua based on color schemes. But then of course there's Terra's issues with darkness and Xehanort. Which got me thinking....

The longer I think about it, in a way I think of it almost as if Nomura took aspects of Riku and Sora and then switched them with Aqua and Terra. Terra has colors more similar to Sora, is more of a standard hero type like Sora as well as being kind of...dumb like Sora (lbr) combined with Riku's story of being tempted and manipulated by darkness, having his body stolen, etc. Aqua is more reserved with the blue colors and the air of strength/responsibility like Riku (compare Ventus saying "You've changed" to Aqua to Kairi saying the same about Riku to Sora at Destiny Islands in 1) while being the "good" character who's always seeking to rescue the others a la Sora. She even falls into darkness to save Terra, much how Sora fell to darkness to release Kairi and then dived into the End of the World to save Riku.

I guess that means Ventus is more like Kairi. Both figures of light, she being a PoH and him having his heart split or whatever. Him being "asleep" at the end and needing to be rescued does remind me of Kairi constantly disappearing, "dying," having to be found a la Princess Peach, etc. And then his history in the mobile game reminds me of Kairi's convoluted history of not really being from Destiny Islands but from Radiant Garden. Of course, his design isn't swapped with anyone's, but if you think about it, green is the opposite of purple, which was Kairi's dominant color.
The way i see it is that all three of the Wayfinder trio are mix of characters.

• Terra = Riku (with a little bit of Sora)

• Aqua = Kairi (with a little bit of Riku and Sora)

• Ventus = Sora & Roxas (with a little bit of Kairi, and you could also argue that Ven has a little bit of Riku due to his story with darkness and how Ventus-Vanitas mirrors Riku-Ansem)

There’s even a post that shows that Ventus has parallels with the Destiny trio

Last edited:

Soldier

Awards
I like them because it's kind of like KH's version of medieval armor, and it being necessary for interplanetary travel before gummi ships existed also makes them sort of KH's first automobiles/aircraft. However, I do wish they did MORE with it than use it like they did in the secret episode and the keyblade graveyard. Why not treat it like a desperation move or a command that forces TAV into their armor in tough situations, giving them a bit of a boost in defense? Or maybe have it act as a precursor to upgrading keyblades in KH 3 so that the Wayward Wind, earth shaker and rain fell can be used late game but only when using the armor? I dunno, if it's supposed to protect against the darkness in the lanes between, it's pretty damn useless in combat considering users of darkness are able to crack/shatter it.

Awards
Idea what if for Sora, Riku, and Kairi there more a nodd to Super Sentai, I don't know is it just me or do Ven's, Terra's, and Aqua's look like Kamen Rider armor heck they use the armored really to ride their motorcycle like vesals.

I guess it would be fun to see Sora, Riku, & Kairi's Keyblade Armor be based on Super Sentai.

Awards
Idea what if for Sora, Riku, and Kairi there more a nodd to Super Sentai, I don't know is it just me or do Ven's, Terra's, and Aqua's look like Kamen Rider armor heck they use the armored really to ride their motorcycle like vesals.

I guess it would be fun to see Sora, Riku, & Kairi's Keyblade Armor be based on Super Sentai.
I mean to those who grew up with Kamen Rider or Super Sentai/Power Rangers didn't you think when you first saw the Keyblade Armors at the end of Kingdom Hearts II looked kinda like something you would see in a Tokusatsu Show like Kamen Rider, Metal Hero, or Super Sentai.

Maybe Namura is a fan of Tokusatsu Shows.

Back