• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

TV ► General Sonic the Hedgehog Discussion Thread: IDW, Sonic Prime and all other related content

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

KudoTsurugi

Awards
this sounds great! i remember when i used to play the games and watch the animated series when i was a kid! them making the new sonic movie was good but having an animated series that can establish how sonic got his powers or how dr. eggman began plotting to steal the chaos emeralds and having sonic find them with his friends throughout the series makes me soooo excited! thank you for posting this!
I don’t think we’re getting anything like an origin story from this series, at least not without SEGA giving the OK. And again, the movie is its own continuity and won’t be playing a part in this series since Paramount aren’t involved with it. All we know in terms of story is there’s a multiverse involved, not much else.

That said, if we do meet different Sonics, maybe that might happen for one of them, just not for Modern Sonic.

D

Deleted member 246005

The comparison to Generator Rex caught my interest. I was a big Generator Rex fan back in the day. It's a good bar for a Sonic cartoon to reach for. I'm hoping it's an action adventure one instead of a sitcom like Boom. I liked Boom's humor but it wasn't what I was looking for.

I feel Sonic Boom would've been more interesting as a Silver-centered spinoff. It would've helped with the branding issues. Silver is a character set 200 years after Sonic's time. Its easier to keep seperate from the main title. Silver is a time traveller so its not impossible to do a crossover if you wanted. Plus Silver could be tweaked more easily to fit the Jak and Daxter style vibe the game was going for.

Oh well, here's hoping the new one would learn from the old one's shortcomings.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
So...

Love the theme park idea; have mixed feelings over making him a VTuber. For those that don't know, a VTuber is a "Virtual YouTuber". Instead of having a human host videos, it's a computer generated image (CGI) hosting the video

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Looks interesting, especially the alternate Eggmen (is that Nega I see?)
That Eggman looks more like Gerald than Nega. Judging by the concept art, it's possible the show is centered on Sonic visiting several timelines. I presume one is primitive, why we see a caveman Amy, and the one with the many Eggmans could be a dystopian future where Eggman conquered the world

KudoTsurugi

Awards
On the V-Tuber side note, it looks like it’s coming from Japan side of things, with Junichi Kanemaru filling in for the voice, so we won’t have to worry about voice inconsistency. He’s been the Japanese voice of Sonic since Adventure

Last edited:

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
On the V-Tuber side note, it looks like it’s coming from Japan side of things, with Junichi Kanemaru filling in for the voice, so we won’t have to worry about voice inconsistency. He’s been the Japanese voice of Sonic since Adventure

In some very important news:

Guess all there's left is editing! :)))))

KudoTsurugi

Awards
Now that I’ve changed the thread title, feel free to have at it.

On the subject of IDW, I’ve fallen behind a bit, but I did get as far as the end of the Metal Virus arc, and that was pretty good despite the timing. I’ve also been really enjoying the new characters like Tangle and Whisper, and Dr Starline was pretty interesting with the Warp Topaz.

D

Deleted member 246005

the IDW comics are great despite all the restrictions Sega has. Just get them to write the new games ;)

KudoTsurugi

Awards
the IDW comics are great despite all the restrictions Sega has. Just get them to write the new games ;)
Helps that the folks writing IDW Sonic also had experience with the Archie Comics, so they have a good idea of their personalities

D

Deleted member 246005

I’m very, very intrigued by the recently released solicit for issue 45. Primarily this part:

View attachment 14081
Wouldn't it start in issue 40? lol

I liked the new additions for both the heroes and villains. But the core Sonic cast are less appealing than they used to be.

Althought the side cast like team chaotic and Cream are surprisingly good.

The recent special made me miss mighty and ray. Use em Sega....;).

Last edited by a moderator:

2 quid is good

Awards
I'm SO excited for the new content to come, I genuinely can't remember when I was last this excited for Sonic, not even Generations had me this hyped.

WaltK

Awards

If you listen veeeeeery carefully, you can hear Ken Penders screaming.

Back