• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Getting a petition started to have 358/2 days & Re:coded developed as HD games

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

LeClefLame

Awards
For 1.5 and 2.5 HD remixes, 358/2 days and Re:coded did not make for enjoyable movies watching cutscene after cutscene and was disappointed with how it turned out. I'm willing to get a petition started to have these games developed as full remakes the way they should have been.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Leave it be imo. It will only cost them time and recourses - it just won't happen. Would also really piss off every fan.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
I'm personally glad they weren't remakes as well, as I think they're the most poorly made and inconsequential in the series. Best of luck with your idea, but I'd rather the resources be used elsewhere personally. They're probably very hard games to remake, and we don't need KH3 to take any longer. I'd rather see more new and less old myself. But again, best of luck either way.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
No more time be wasted for things that put off KH3.
Just no more.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
You really want to give fans more reasons to hate Days and Coded? Leave them alone, I'd rather they stay under the radar.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
Re:Coded is good the way it is, it doesn't need HD remix. The graphics fit the digital word thing well and the gameplay works just perfectly on a handheld, big screen and all that would be meh. The story also worked just fine in the movie form. Re:Coded is already good as it is.

KaitoXIII

Awards
good luck with that. even if you do convince people to support this blatant waste of resources, you're going to need a miracle to make SE care about said petition

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
I'll pass.

ReCoded and 358/2 Days made fine cutscenes for players to comprehend without playing the actual games. Not to mention those games were criticized for level design, combat, and being unfit for the consoles they were on.

While remaking them would be interesting choice (considering how the battle system didn't work well with the DS) it would be a waste of time, especially fans bitching about deranging from KH3's production. Not only little interest, but KH3's development, and the fact that they're considered the least important games of the franchise (even by diehard fans who don't consider them as spin-offs). It just fails to work out.

It's an interesting concept. I believe people should leave it after KH3 is released.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
...Petition? those just rarely work. I've only seen a gaming related petition work ONCE ever, and that was Operation Rainfall.

Interesting, but I'm fine with what I have; if I want to see what I missed from the PS3 collections, I'll check Youtube, thank you. ^^

KHInsider could start a gofundme to develop Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days and Re:Coded for the PS4. Of course, I don't think it would work, because there could be the possible chance of fraud.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I highly doubt that this would even get enough support considering the overall anxiety concerning KH III and any implication it could be delayed/hampered in development being sufficient to cause the mother of all shitstorms.

Plus, while the quality of the Days cutscene-movie is indeed questionable and has several things missing that should be in it, the Re: Coded one is of decent quality and brings across the most important story bits to know for the overall series rather well.

And doing such an effort only for Days, probably the most divisive title in the series? Nah, not possible.

Ueki_168

The closest I think you'll get to that dream coming true is a fan project that I believe is deadly dead by now.

I was interested in that project, but I don't really know what happened to it. Their twitter's gone and there's no trace of it. But I also wouldn't like to see the game re-made. Maybe reimagined at most.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Love Re:Coded, but that had to happen when they first came out. Maybe after III with an ultimate remaster collection or something, that could be an interesting way to draw fans in. Some thing like "All games for $120, including FULL HD game remasters of Coded & Days" would be enticing for me. Not now, though. I just want them to finish up X and release III.

LeClefLame

Awards
It's been over a year since the last post on this thread. The KHIII release date has been announced with only two months away with nothing to stall it and I'm still serious about this petition after The Story So Far... compilation was released. I'd like to say that in the future there'll be a compilation of the "Dark Seeker Saga" with all 12 games but I find it highly unlikely that SE will remake Days and Re:coded into full HD games. It's not about "it's so terrible it should be left as is", it's about preservation for future fans in a quality and also media that they can enjoy more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back