• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Getting it on the 28

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

wtholyf

Well where I live, so far I've seen 2 Eb's and 3 gamestops that have the Kh2 cover box that says Coming Soon. If the store has the cover box with the coming soon, it most likely means they have the game but are just not selling it at the moment. But by March 28th just go in there and there should be a copy, no need to rush lol.

Ravens_Blade85

In your head telling you to do bad things!
Website
www.myspace.com
beastin4kh2 said:
The official kh2 website said that kh2 was shipped in february so we should be able to get it on the 28!!! look http://na.square-enix.com/games/kingdomhearts/kh2/:D

Nowhere in that link does it say that the game shipped in feb. Where did you get that idea? That update was labled feb, but it did not say it shipped in feb. It says the same thing as the official press release on the main square site: ships march 28.

lxcloud_strifexl

He probably misread it cause it said
Feb 06
It's finally coming! Kingdom Hearts II will be shipping to retailers in North America on March 28, 2006.
he probably thought they shipped the game already

DarknessDestroys

Ravens_Blade85 said:
Nowhere in that link does it say that the game shipped in feb. Where did you get that idea? That update was labled feb, but it did not say it shipped in feb. It says the same thing as the official press release on the main square site: ships march 28.
yeah it said that it is to be shipped on the 28th. it will probably arrive on the 29th or 30th it is a 15 hour flight after all

Madness

lol internet
Website
www.freewebz.com
It's still most likely getting shipped out on the 27th. They wouldn't make such a big deal over that date and then say "Oh, that's the shipping date, not the release date. So sorry."

E

Eclipse

YOU ARE SUCH A DIMWIT. :D they UPDATED the site in february, FEBRUARY was when they told us the RELEASE DATE. but it says it will SHIP to stores on the 28th, it even says that on the SE site. It says "kingdom hearts 2 wil ship to north american retailers on march 28th" on the 28th they will ship the game from the warehouses and ship them all over the country in trucks to various game warehouses from companies like wal mart, target, ebgames and gamestop. From there trucks drive to the stores and that's when the game arrives. It takes about 1-2 business days you will get kh2 on the 29th-31st end of story :D. you might get it on the 28th, but that is like a 0.1% chance. DEAL WITH IT XD

Madness

lol internet
Website
www.freewebz.com
Looks like you don't know how the buying and selling of games and such work. The 28th has been announced as both the release date and the ship date, so it obviously isn't going to work that way. Just read some of the posts in the release date thread to see how things actually work.

For example, look at Square Enix's main site: http://www.square-enix.com/na/index_f2.html

SE's site says "On Sale March 28" while the main KH2 site says "Coming March 28". Well, the last one can be looked at two different ways, but whatever. The point is that the only thing that says the shipping date is the 28th is that press release back from early February. Everything else says the release date is the 28th.

Last edited:
E

Eclipse

"release date" means its when they release it from the warehouses, and ship the game, it takes time to ship. it's also known as the shipping date. the press release states "kingdom hearts II will ship to north american retailers on the 28th" on the 28th it will be ready to be "sold" that's what they mean by "on sale march 28th" :p

Sabrigami

why would they tell us the shipping date? that's for the retailors who are getting the game. when they actually release a date to the public that's when you can purchase it. see, if they only gave shipping dates to the public people would be mad becuase they'd still have to wait a few days to actually get the game. we don't care when it ships, we want to know when we can buy it. and that's the date they give to avoid trouble like that. as an avid gamer EVERY date I've heard (that wasn't pushed back of course) was the date it was on sale. Really why would they tell CUSTOMERS about the shipping date? They want our money, so they tell us the day we can BUY it. some stores might get it later, but the 28 is the day you can buy it.

E

Eclipse

look on the se website it says it SHIPS on the 28th. deal with it. i have a verry long history with pre-ordering games and they always come the day after the release date. i've done some research on shipping dates too so i know what goes on. it ships the 28th, SE says so, deal with it

Madness

lol internet
Website
www.freewebz.com
Release date is when the game is put up for sale. Ship date is when the game ships. The official Square-Enix site says the game is "On Sale 03.28.06". The KH2 site says "Coming March 28" which can be interpreted both ways. The only thing that mentions the ship date being the 28th is the press release from February. There are other things about that too. Things change. Things can be misprinted. And like Sabrigami said, they wouldn't make a big deal over what date the game ships on as opposed to what date the game is put up for sale.

So anyway, yeah, right now my money's on the game shipping on the 27th. Either that or there already being stockpiles of the game in the backrooms of all the gaming stores and such, which is a very big possibility. I remember someone saying that their Best Buy already had Kingdom Hearts II but couldn't sell them until March 28.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back