• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Getting Orange Box...maybe

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

XenonSovereign

The End Boss of KHInsider
s1demteeth

I'm thinking of picking up Orange Box (for PS3) tomorrow. I just have a few questions

-Would I need to play Half-Life to understand the story, even though it's based 20 years before Half-Life 2
-Is Team Fortress 2 servers still up and active
-Aside from framerate, what issues does it have and does it ruin the game in anyway
-Is the new ending for Portal available for PS3 versions, even though Portal 2 won't be on PS3 for now

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
-Would I need to play Half-Life to understand the story, even though it's based 20 years before Half-Life 2

You don't have to, but I'd recommend picking it up and playing it later on (if only for the fact that it's a great game).

-Is Team Fortress 2 servers still up and active

They are still up, but I don't know how active they are.

-Aside from framerate, what issues does it have and does it ruin the game in anyway

Not much else as far as issues go (and the framerate doesn't get choppy that often. And it doesn't ruin it at all.

-Is the new ending for Portal available for PS3 versions, even though Portal 2 won't be on PS3 for now

No

Trag

Bronze Member
Half Life feels like forever, and that's one of the reasons why it's so amazing. All the levels feel so diverse, but they blend perfectly. It's a great game.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
How long would it to complete all the games?

Hmm, these are just rough estimates, but I'd ballpark:

Half-Life 2: 19~21 hours
Episode 1: 4~6 hours
Episode 2: 14~16 hours
Portal: 9~11 hours

Radon

mofo
It took me aaaaages to beat Half Life 2.

If you just read a short summary on the internet of Half Life you should understand Half Life 2 alright, and don't be worried if there are things that you think you should know 'cause chances are you aren't.

Also I found load times to be a real pain on the PS3, as it would usually take 10-17 seconds to load after each time you died, and in these games I died alot.

Apart from that it a really really good package that you should just get anyway.

Trag

Bronze Member
I remember dying a lot because it's so fun in that game to find different ways to beat the level. To me, it's up there with Ocarina of Time on my favorite games of all time.

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0
I bought the orange box and I took it back. Half life took for fucking ever to get out of the city and I thought team fortress was offline. I might buy it again later on because I can play online now.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
It's really too bad Valve doesn't support the PS3 really. The Orange Box is a great bundle. I would say get it for your PC if you have one that's up to the job instead of the PS3.

XenonSovereign

The End Boss of KHInsider
I bought it for PS3...it's a little boring. So far, here's my thoughts

Portal - Fun, shouldn't play if you have a hangover though
Half-Life 2 - I'm still in this prison or whatever
Team Fortress 2 - I'm really surprised people still play it. I did like 3 matches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back