• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Gigantic (2018) - "Definitive version of Jack and the Beanstalk"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
"Set in Spain during the Age of Exploration, the film follow Jack as he discovers a world of giants hidden within clouds. Jack befriends the female giant Inma, who’s “11 years old, 60 feet tall, fiery, feisty and a lot to control” and treats him like a living doll, Greno said. Meanwhile, the baddies, Storm Giants, stand at 120 feet."

The fact that this is being directed by Nathan Greno of Tangled can only mean good things. I have serious misgivings about the songwriting duo though, as they're the ones behind the garbage that is the music of Frozen (barring two half-decent numbers)...

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
you have some anger dude. just let it go.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
"Set in Spain during the Age of Exploration, the film follow Jack as he discovers a world of giants hidden within clouds. Jack befriends the female giant Inma, who’s “11 years old, 60 feet tall, fiery, feisty and a lot to control” and treats him like a living doll, Greno said. Meanwhile, the baddies, Storm Giants, stand at 120 feet."

The fact that this is being directed by Nathan Greno of Tangled can only mean good things. I have serious misgivings about the songwriting duo though, as they're the ones behind the garbage that is the music of Frozen (barring two half-decent numbers)...

[\rant] I'm a professional musician in training, and I remember listening to the music from Frozen every single time I watched that movie. That music, including the music in the background, is fantastic, from the background music in "Let it Go," to the silliness of songs like "Love is an Open Door" and "In Summer," to the kickass marimbas in "fixer-upper," and the just pure bliss that is found in songs like "for the first time in forever" and "do you wanna build a snowman?" Hell, even the background music is generally good, especially the music when Elsa, Anna, and their parents go to see the trolls early on in the movie. My mom doesn't care for background pieces at all, but when she heard that she bought the soundtrack just so she could hear that track alone! I'm not saying that you have to like the songs personally, since I know many people don't like "Let it go" because it's everywhere, but you also shouldn't bash the writers themselves when their songs seem to be theoretically accurate and overall praised by critics and audiences alike. [/rant]

Awards
you have some anger dude. just let it go.

I see what you did there....I think.

[\rant] I'm a professional musician in training, and I remember listening to the music from Frozen every single time I watched that movie. That music, including the music in the background, is fantastic, from the background music in "Let it Go," to the silliness of songs like "Love is an Open Door" and "In Summer," to the kickass marimbas in "fixer-upper," and the just pure bliss that is found in songs like "for the first time in forever" and "do you wanna build a snowman?" Hell, even the background music is generally good, especially the music when Elsa, Anna, and their parents go to see the trolls early on in the movie. My mom doesn't care for background pieces at all, but when she heard that she bought the soundtrack just so she could hear that track alone! I'm not saying that you have to like the songs personally, since I know many people don't like "Let it go" because it's everywhere, but you also shouldn't bash the writers themselves when their songs seem to be theoretically accurate and overall praised by critics and audiences alike. [/rant]

Can't argue with the professional I suppose. I do love Let it Go and Do You Wanna Build a Snowman. But the two tracks I absolutely cannot stand are the Fixer Upper song and the one about summer. The lyrics were bland and the songs weren't memorable for me at all. But music will always be subjective, what may sound beautiful to someone may not to another. It's all about personal preference. Although I do seem to have heard more criticism for the two songs that I just mentioned than praise.

Maybe it's all my hatred for Frozen and everything to do with it, lol.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I see what you did there....I think.

Can't argue with the professional I suppose. I do love Let it Go and Do You Wanna Build a Snowman. But the two tracks I absolutely cannot stand are the Fixer Upper song and the one about summer. The lyrics were bland and the songs weren't memorable for me at all. But music will always be subjective, what may sound beautiful to someone may not to another. It's all about personal preference. Although I do seem to have heard more criticism for the two songs that I just mentioned than praise.

Maybe it's all my hatred for Frozen and everything to do with it, lol.

Technically, you can put the blame on the over-exposure of Frozen. Over-exposure kills anything.

As far as Gigantic goes, these songs are definitely going to have a Spanish flavour, so, they're going to be musically different from Frozen. Besides, Gigantic's soundtrack is going to end up being the new Frozen in 2018: I can guarantee you that.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
So this movie has been delayed a bit, since WR2 took its original release date.

It's now releasing November 21st, 2018

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
So this movie has been delayed a bit, since WR2 took its original release date.

It's now releasing November 21st, 2018

I have a good feeling that Gigantic is definitely going to be in the Meander animation style. They've already done 3 Disney shorts in the Meander style: Paperman, Feast and Inner Workings. Paperman came out in 2012. That's more than enough time to make an animated feature out of the style if they've been able to do three shorts...

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
It won't be. They don't have any hand-drawn animators on staff (or way too few for a full film).

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
It's such a shame that this movie wasn't even mentioned at D23. Shame, I really wanted to see their progress on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back