• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Girl Help

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venitas

ok so there is this girl in my grade (sophomore HS) who i met in a class last year. we gradually started to develop our relationship, and on the last day of school last year, i asked her out. she said she didnt want to at the time.

so i spent my whole summer thinking about this girl, and i eventually wrote a song for her (i play guitar, drums, and piano, and i sing) this year, (sophomore) i started to talk to her more and hang out with her at school. eventually, i put the song together on my computer and emailed it to her. she said she absolutely loved it and then i asked her out again. she said yes, but she didnt think her parents would allow it.

so now, we've been "secretly legit" for about two months, and now shes saying i have to meet her parents before we actually start dating. khinsider, how do i handle this situation?? im kinda nervous, because she has like a 4.0 GPA and her parents are both attourneys, and i've got like a 3.1. What are my chances of her parents liking me?? HELP

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
so now, we've been "secretly legit" for about two months, and now shes saying i have to meet her parents before we actually start dating. khinsider, how do i handle this situation?? im kinda nervous, because she has like a 4.0 GPA and her parents are both attourneys, and i've got like a 3.1. What are my chances of her parents liking me?? HELP

They may be attorneys but that doesn't mean they're complete hardasses incapable of reasoning. Relax, meeting the parents isn't all that difficult so long as you keep your cool and behave yourself accordingly. Besides a 3.1 grade-point average isn't as bad as you make it out to be. You can't like everyone and vice versa, but so long as they can generally tolerate your presence then you're set.

The Fishman

Keyblade Master
ok so there is this girl in my grade (sophomore HS) who i met in a class last year. we gradually started to develop our relationship, and on the last day of school last year, i asked her out. she said she didnt want to at the time.

so i spent my whole summer thinking about this girl, and i eventually wrote a song for her (i play guitar, drums, and piano, and i sing) this year, (sophomore) i started to talk to her more and hang out with her at school. eventually, i put the song together on my computer and emailed it to her. she said she absolutely loved it and then i asked her out again. she said yes, but she didnt think her parents would allow it.

I would say just straighten your act and look and act presentable in front of her parents. First impressions are the ones that identify you as a person to another person, so don't screw that up. And what Iridium said. Good luck man, hope it all goes good.

Venitas

thank you guys. im not much of a party person and ii play football, but im not like a pimp or n e thing haha. that might help me out

The Fishman

Keyblade Master
thank you guys. im not much of a party person and ii play football, but im not like a pimp or n e thing haha. that might help me out

dude, you remind me of myself
trust me, that should be fine as long as you be courteous and can keep up a conversation with her folks, you should be good

Aliahya

Bronze Member
Be confident in who you are, show them you have something to offer, have a career goal- eg what you want to do after school

Address them as Sir, Mrs and Mr until they say not to

Ask your girlfriend if they have an intrest or hobby eg sport or television series. If not which is unlikely talk to them about a tv show u like. Avoid videogame talk (experience here)

Talk to them about there jobs and take an intrest ask questions

Look them in the eye

Shake hands with the father

Start the conversation talk about your music,

Her parents will normally like you if you positive and not into drugs and alcohol

Also dress neatly, black pants and a colored collared top.

HAVE A CAREER GOAL!!

AND DONT TALK ABOUT THE WEATHER IT MEANS YOU HAVE NOTHING ELSE TO TALK ABOUT!!

these are all from experence here. from the girls perspective so hope they come in handy

For god sake dont make dumbarse jokes either thats a one way ticket to awkwardness

MangaCrazy101

The Blonde
Awards
Website
mangacrazy101.blogspot.com
Just cause thy're high in society. Doesnt mean that thet'll judge you on class.
Personality is all the range AND if they REALLY love their daughter....-_- theyll let her be with who ever they want.
Just dont tell any ditry jokes and all, keep it cool.

Alia-sempai's advide is spot on!!!!

EDIT: I want to learn how to type fast AND spell -__-;;

Venitas

should i bring my guitar when i go to the interro...i mean, interview? her dad likes Jimi and Clapton...

Aliahya

Bronze Member
Thankyou for the thank yous

Ask her parents, this might sound too far but if your confident give her parents a call and ask if they would like you to bring you guitar to the dinner for you to play a song to them. Also by doing this it makes it sound like you really care about there perspective of you. Just a suggestion though, also bringing a food dish is always a good method with getting the mother to like you

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
Personally, I think you need to not worry about GPA's, dressing up, and taking a food item over there.

GPA - Pointless - Not everyone has a super-de-duper GPA; Humanity makes mistakes.

Dressing Up - Just dress nice, but still go casual. Don't walk in there with just pajama pants and a T-shirt, but at the same time, don't walk into their house wearing a penguin suit. What you wear will give them an idea of who you are, and how you think; Even then, don't follow anything I say - just use it as reference.

Food Item - Only if it's a kind gesture, and you get to eat some of whatever it is; This way you might get to bond with the Mother in the kitchen somewhat while you reheat the item brought by you. - You will be asked questions.

Just stay cool, and if you get nervous, it's okay. Just go with the flow, and don't stop the downhill skiing.

Venitas

ok, i just got back from her sweet 16, where i met her parents. they were very easy to talk to, no awkward silences, and they wanted to take a lot of pictures of me and her. i think that's a good sign

Vossler

I'll Be His Successor

Why do people thing that meeting parents is so damn hard? You go in, say some stuff, tell them that you would like to date there daughter, they either accept you or they don't; simple as that. If they don't like you they don't like you. Stuff happens, they're other girls out there. I don't do the parent meeting often (unless I really want the girl I.E. I think she is willing to put out) so I'm not the greatest at this, but I do know that it isn't that hard.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I'm sure you'll do fine. Grades don't mean EVERYTHING. My boyfriend has a GED and was earning more than my dad does at Target. Parents usually just look for a boy that will take care of their daughter, etc. Don't worry about it too much, relax. Everyone's bound to be a little awkward in that situation. If they ask a question, answer it honestly.
Parents hate liars.

S

Shadow Soldier

Be honest.

Because parents only want their daughter to be happy more than anything, it's an easy situation you got here.

But only say this if it comes to it, I don't know very many parents who ask "so what's your intentions?"

Say something like "I'm not the richest guy around, and I'm also not the smartest, but I strongly believe that when it comes to your daughter's happiness, I'm the best person who can give her that."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back