• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

God's Purpose For The Earth: What Do You Think It Is?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
Once again, doing some reading (What Is God's Purpose For The Earth?), another topic for discussion popped up in my mind.

Many people who believe in God or gods believe that the Earth is here for a reason. However, the views vary from religions and denominations.

So for those of you who believe in a higher power, what do you think Earth is here for? Do you think it has any purpose?

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
Uh, well the Bible says that creation is made to seek, glorify and worship God. If man doesn't worship, even the very rocks cry out His name. Man was created to live in communion with, next to, and worship its Holy God.

And he has made us from one blood every nation of men to dwell on all the face of the earth, and has determined their preappointed times and the boundaries of their habitation, so that they should seek the Lord, in the hope that they may grope for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us; for in him we live and move and have our being (Acts 17:26-28).

38 “Blessed is the king who comes in the name of the
Lord!”“Peace in heaven and glory in the highest!”
39 Some of the Pharisees in the crowd said to Jesus, “Teacher, rebuke your disciples!”
40 “I tell you,” he replied, “if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out.” (Luke 19:28-40)

The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament shows his handiwork. Day unto day utters speech, and night unto night reveals knowledge. There is no speech nor language where their voice is not heard (Psalm 19:1-3).

For since the creation of the world his invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse (Romans 1:20).

But like I said, He doesn't need the worship. But He desires it.

God, who made the world and everything in it, since he is Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands. Nor is he worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed anything, since he gives to all life, breath, and all things (Acts 17:24,25).

There's more to say but I'm not sure it needs to be said.

Last edited:

Nelo Angelo

Enigma of Extreme
Awards
Hm, interesting question. Limited for time at the moment so I’ll briefly give the Islamic viewpoint. Its not dissimilar to the Christian doctrine as it is a continuation of the teachings of the previous Prophets (pbut). The earth serves many purposes for its inhabitants of course, but in terms of what it is for Mankind, is that it is a temporary dwelling place providing us with the necessary provisions to prove our worth. It is a testing ground to achieve the main purpose of Man's life. To realise his Creator and worship Him by following the guidance He has given us to reach our final abode, an eternal life.
The Earth was here before the creation of man and had other inhabitants. The Jinn and animals for one, who are still inhabitants of the earth. However, man was made the authority on the earth.

“And surely, We gave you authority on the earth and appointed for you therein provisions (for your life). Little thanks do you give.” (ch7:v10)

“And no (moving) living creature is there on earth but its provision is due from Allah. And He knows its dwelling place and its deposit (in the uterus, grave, etc.). all is in a Clear Book” (Ch11:v6)

“On earth will be a dwelling-place for you and an enjoyment, - for a time.” (Ch7:v24)

But when He delivered them, behold! They rebel (disobey Allah) in the earth wrongfully. O mankind! Your rebellion (disobedience to Allah) is only against your ownselves, - a brief enjoyment of this worldly life, then (in the end) unto Us is your return, and We shall inform you that which you used to do.” (ch10:v23)

The earth will not last forever, it is only subject to a particular time, and when the command is given, it will be no more. Then when the command is given again, all in the earth will be resurrected for judgement.

“Do they not think deeply (in their ownselves) about themselves (how Allah created them from nothing, and similarly He will resurrect them)? Allah has created not the heavens and the earth, and all that is between them, except with truth and for an appointed term. And indeed many of mankind deny the Meeting with their Lord.” (Ch30:v8)

“He brings out the living from the dead, and brings out the dead from the living. And He revives the earth after its death. And thus shall you be brought out (resurrected).” (ch30:19)

“Those who remember Allah (always, and in prayers) standing, sitting, and lying down on their sides, and think deeply about the creation of the heavens and the earth, (saying): "Our Lord! You have not created (all) this without purpose, glory to You! (Exalted be You above all that they associate with You as partners). Give us salvation from the torment of the Fire.” (ch3:191)

D

Deleted member 36435

if i believed in any type of god i'd probably go with "eat, drink, sleep, fuck, die"

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
In my opinion the earth was made as a minor detail for a greater purpose in God's plan. I don't think humans are the "main" or "all powerful" beings they so proudly claim themselves to be, that's just being arrogant and close minded to new possibilities and ideas

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
In my opinion the earth was made as a minor detail for a greater purpose in God's plan. I don't think humans are the "main" or "all powerful" beings they so proudly claim themselves to be, that's just being arrogant and close minded to new possibilities and ideas

I agree with you about men thinking more of themselves but what do you think is God's purpose/plan?

The Dead Skin

like tears in rain.
Awards
I was gonna say "would be pretty boring to be the only lifeform in the universe", but it'd sound totally disrespectful.

...OK, I just did. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back