• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Goodbye, Sony PSP?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike

iROFL
Awards
Goodbye, Sony PSP - Video Game Feature - Yahoo! Video Games

So, does this take anyone by surprise? There was already talk of a PSP-4000 buzzing around the internet, which if I am not mistaken, was a hoax. A better question though, would anyone really, really care if the PSP was discontinued?

The article doesn't say if it is being discontinued, but it does compare it to other popular handhelds. I just made this to discuss about it.

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
I read that last night. And yeah I do. =/ The PSP isnt..getting enough..umpf out there. And it makes me sad. ;-; I hate the DS. I really do.

But nothing is there for the PSP.

2009 should be a breath of new life, what with Dissidia and BBS.

And I wouldn't be surprised if S-E tossed a few FF ports the PSPs way, what with "support all consoles equally". After all, 4 out of 5 of my DS games are S-E. DX

Yes, I would care if the PSP was discontinued.

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
I like the PSP. However, most of the games have been VERY disappointing. But I still would be sad to see it discontinued.

Leonard

Married to Crimson ♥
2009 should be a breath of new life, what with Dissidia and BBS.

Not everyone's a fan of J-styled games. I'm sure it would take a lot more.

Well, meh it's not like anybody wouldn't have seen that coming sooner or later.

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
Not everyone's a fan of J-styled games. I'm sure it would take a lot more.

Well, meh it's not like anybody wouldn't have seen that coming sooner or later.

Well, they're two of the more looked forward-to titles, mix that in with Resistance Retribution and you've got the trifecta of every PSP owners wish list.

Mike

iROFL
Awards
I myself wouldn't like to see the PSP discontinued, with the start of a new year coming. Hopefully, Sony can do something to turn themselves around and actually get some decent games on it.

I hope it's not discontinued. I pretty much use only my psp for games, due to it always being here, while my other console (ps2) is not.

Here's hoping for 2009!

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
Sony does need to announce some big projects for the PSP if they want any success on the PSP. Resistance Retribution, Birth By Sleep, and Dissidia are good starts, IMO.

Ralor Penwat

dissidia and bbs may keep them from drowning to death but arent you guys forgetting that DSi crap?

i would be sad if psp was discontinued it is a great handheld with internet browser

Vossler

I'll Be His Successor
dissidia and bbs may keep them from drowning to death but arent you guys forgetting that DSi crap?

i would be sad if psp was discontinued it is a great handheld with internet browser
THe Dsi looks pretty good I plan to get one but it is no PSP the only thing DS and Dsi have up on PSP is maybe the built in microphone and cameras

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards
Oh shit. Right after I buy mine. Figures. Well, I mean there's still hope, i.e Dissidia, Agito, Birth by Sleep. That's gotta count for something

Vossler

I'll Be His Successor
Oh shit. Right after I buy mine. Figures. Well, I mean there's still hope, i.e Dissidia, Agito, Birth by Sleep. That's gotta count for something
Yeah but who knows when we will get those espically Agito I dont think it will get discountinued Nomura wouldnt be realesing 3 big titles on it if it was going to be discountinued I am sure Nomura knows if the PSP is going to be discountinued.

chaywa

A Picasso Reality
It is distinctly lacking in killer 'appeal to everyone' apps, Dissidia and BBS will do very little to change this I reckon considering there markets are a little too seclusive to shift units.

Don't expect a PSP2 though folks, after this foray I can't see Sony expanding further into the market given the dominance of the DS and the iPhone

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards
PSP has about 2 or 3 games that I am looking forward to. But I highly doubt that they would discontinue the PSP this early. Now if something like a PSP 2 was to be released instead of a 4000 then maybe then there would be no need for the original. But until then, I think PSP will stay on the shelves for a while longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back