• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

GRAMMYS

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

var1ables

Play hard, go pro.
Awards
what do you base this on?

have you ever played progressive metal, or death metal? If not, i doubt you'd understand. It's right up there with Jazz, and i'm not talking sting jazz, i'm talking about stanley clarke jazz.

Just because it's complex doesn't mean it's better than other music.
Tell that to rush. And stanley clarke.

BTW most simple music is boring. Except punk. And even that's only exciting if it's fast.

D

Deleted member 70496

Lol @ missing the point. I'll let Massive Attack pwn you. : )

nelly <3

wayfarer~
Website
www.facebook.com
the only thing awesome about this years grammys were the country section.

carrie underwood - last name.
alison krauss, robert plant - raising sand = awesome songs.

ehh.. i didn't care much about the others.

it was expected for lil wayne to win. his music is also good.

oh yeah, and duffy's album of the year (pop) - Rockferry. = awsomeness.

:]]]]

im happy with all the results except the rock section. i don't care much about cold play and stuff.

Massive Attack

Dial 'M' for 'Motherfucker'
Awards
have you ever played progressive metal, or death metal? If not, i doubt you'd understand. It's right up there with Jazz, and i'm not talking sting jazz, i'm talking about stanley clarke jazz.

Tell that to rush. And stanley clarke.

BTW most simple music is boring. Except punk. And even that's only exciting if it's fast.

lmao. Right up there with Stanley Clark? So you're saying death/prog metal is similar to contemporary jazz/fusion. Haha.
Stanley Clark isn't even experimental. Go away. Listen to Ornette Coleman or Sun Ra. Or even John Zorn, jesus.

Rush is rubbish.

I agree that simple music can be pretty boring, but you probably think "FAST MEANS THE SAME THING AS COMPLEX HUHUH". Well it's not. So fuck off. Have fun with your neckbeards and closeted homosexuality.

Viddler.com - Sister Ray by The Velvet Underground - Uploaded by Penda

YouTube - Boredoms Vision Creation Newsun Dir. Ukawa Naohiro

Unfortunately youtube has nothing from Ikue Mori's Hex Kitchen, so eh.

Last edited:

var1ables

Play hard, go pro.
Awards
So you're saying death/prog metal is similar to contemporary jazz/fusion. Haha.
Stanley Clark isn't even experimental.
Metal as a genre is heavily influenced by jazz. Especially progressive metal.
I agree that simple music can be pretty boring, but you probably think "FAST MEANS THE SAME THING AS COMPLEX HUHUH". Well it's not. So fuck off. Have fun with your neckbeards and closeted homosexuality.
What i said wasn't fast doesn't mean complex, rather simple music is only really that interesting if it's played at break neck speeds.

Closeted homosexuality? Most people in metal who are gay aren't hiding it. lol.

Massive Attack

Dial 'M' for 'Motherfucker'
Awards
Metal as a genre is heavily influenced by jazz. Especially progressive metal.

What i said wasn't fast doesn't mean complex, rather simple music is only really that interesting if it's played at break neck speeds.

Closeted homosexuality? Most people in metal who are gay aren't hiding it. lol.

perhaps earlier and/or more informed groups. the majority are probably influenced by the scene which they're a part of.

uh. simple music is interesting if it has good lyrics, melody, voice, message, style etc.

lies.

On topic: Cornelius could've won an (obscure) grammy. What.

Disluxia

Yeah dude what are you talking about most gay dudes in metal are proud of it.

D

Deleted member 70496

Are the Limp Wrists metal? Idk what they are but I know I tried youtubing once and they annoyed me... and metal annoys me... and I forgot what they sounded like so... : ) MOAR ELLIPSES PLZ ... ... ... ...

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
They arent rock. They also stole that song from joe satrinai(Guy who plays satch boogie) They stole if i could fly. Go look it up

yes they are.

and they didn't steal it. the chord progression is kind of similar. in all honesty that happens a lot, it's only washed up artists like joe satriani, one of the few people even less interesting than Coldplay, who give a shit and try to make a big deal out of it. why bring that up, anyways?

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
I know what melodic metal is, trust me.

And I stick by my earlier statement. There's nothing really interesting there. It may be technically impressive, but it's still kind of uninspired.

var1ables

Play hard, go pro.
Awards
And I stick by my earlier statement. There's nothing really interesting there. It may be technically impressive, but it's still kind of uninspired.

Then you lack a important part of human physiology. They are called ears. Those four songs show the diversity, even in a subgenre. They could be expanded on into the larger scheme of things, included other subgenres.

ALSO:
on topic:
They arent rock. They also stole that song from joe satrinai(Guy who plays satch boogie) They stole if i could fly. Go look it up
I dont' even know 3 good albums that came out for "rock" this year, of course coldplay, who was a decent act last time i listened to them, would win, becuase there is nothing else out there.

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
I dont' even know 3 good albums that came out for "rock" this year, of course coldplay, who was a decent act last time i listened to them, would win, becuase there is nothing else out there.

Uh.
Ra Ra Riot's debut
Ponytail's Ice Cream Spiritual
Los Campesinos fantastic first AND second album
Nine Inch Nail's The Slip
Of Montreal's Skeletal Lamping
Sigur Ros' Með suð í eyrum við spilum end (lol copypaste)
Tokyo Police Club's debut
Wolf Parade's On Mount Zoomer
David Byrne and Brian Eno's Everything that Happens Will Happen Today
Fleet Foxes' debut
etc.

also coldplay are just as boring as metal. more interesting even, becaure they at least attempt variety occasionally.
and CoB is the only band on there you listed that sounds even remotly different from the rest. if you're going to listen to metal, it should at least be folkmetal or some shit.

var1ables

Play hard, go pro.
Awards
Uh.

Ra Ra Riot's debut
Ponytail's Ice Cream Spiritual
Los Campesinos fantastic first AND second album

Nine Inch Nail's The Slip
Of Montreal's Skeletal Lamping
Sigur Ros' Með suð í eyrum við spilum end (lol copypaste)
Tokyo Police Club's debut
Wolf Parade's On Mount Zoomer
David Byrne and Brian Eno's Everything that Happens Will Happen Today
Fleet Foxes' debut
etc.

also coldplay are just as boring as metal. more interesting even, becaure they at least attempt variety occasionally.
and CoB is the only band on there you listed that sounds even remotly different from the rest. if you're going to listen to metal, it should at least be folkmetal or some shit.
Bold is for bad

Once again, you lack these things called ears, because if you can tell that all those bands are having different styles(norther being thrasher, amon amarth beign most melodic, and kalmah being the slowest)

also:
i love folk metal. Fintroll is the shit

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back