• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Grandfather just passed away

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sally-boiii

Awards
I don't even know why exactly I'm positng this thread i just don't know how i feel. I have lost all off my grandparents without ever really havinga conversation with them as of today and I feel numb and a tad empty honestly. It just frustrates me and saddens me.

I don't mean to sound egocentric about this but frankly I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel this way. I only ever got to meet my Dad's mom and even then i could never even hold a freaking conversation with her because of some stupid ass language barrier i never got the chance to overcome. Even worse I am having religious question (inevitably i suppose) plague my mind some I'm wrestling with that.

Sorry I don't know why I'm making this and i don't even think it's going to make me feel better about the situation...

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Hey, if you need anybody to talk to, I'm always available on PM. I've had to do quite a bit of digging myself about my religious identity, and even though I turned out nonreligious, I don't think that trying to convert anyone is right, and if it makes you uncomfortable I'd be more than happy to help you come to terms with whatever you need to come to terms with.

Also, I'm sorry you never got to talk to them. That language barrier must have made things very hard, I hope that you feel better <3

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
Sorry to hear that. There might of been a language barrier, but I'm sure that there was love. You are after all the child of their child. Take this time to grief and reflect. Maybe talk to your parents and ask them more stories about them once you feel you and your family are ready.

On the religious side of things, I would wait to make any decisions out of spite. It's ok to be mad/sad, but also know that you are never alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back