• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Greatest disappointment in KH2?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

SiiNz

With Love
Website
www.youtube.com
Reflect made itself useful in big boss fights in FM+, like Terra, Sephiroth, and the Data battles but, only on Critical. Even on Proud it was pitiful just how easy the game became.

Yeah, I only used Reflect when it was needed. Didn't want to spam it ;-;

I never used reflect.
Magenta I used for the mini games and tournaments, otherwise, not really.
I don't think I used too much of any spell save for Cute, actually.

So, basically it was just button smashing? xD

ChocobosComet

Blinky KITTY!
Website
usagi-cho.deviantart.com
I never used reflect.
Magenta I used for the mini games and tournaments, otherwise, not really.
I don't think I used too much of any spell save for Cute, actually.
Reflect is the thing that saved me from another rape at the hands of Terra. 8(

Magnega magic was useful in Twilight towns Mini games and in TWTNW to collect creeper Nobodies and Shadow Heartless.

Cure didn't really need to be leveled to Curaga.

Apollo

Silver Member
Most bosses battles in KH2 suck. They were basic fighting. KH1 in most battles there was more then just fighting. In KH1 a lot of bosses battles had extra little things, like Oggi Boggi you had to kill those bubble things, Jafar get the lamp, Clinton had a stealth Sneak, and I don't rember what Ursela(sp) had but she had somthing good. Most bosses battles in KH2 had no depth.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Ursula, both fights, required you to have both skill and timing, and beyond that - a strategy, otherwise chances are you either would've been dead before long, or didn't know what to do, wasted all your potions/ethers, and then died.
She was an amazing boss.

ChocobosComet

Blinky KITTY!
Website
usagi-cho.deviantart.com
Phantom was an amazing boss. Not only did you have to constantly cast Stop to avoid a party member dieng , you required specific members in said party. You had to cast 3 different spells before you could even touch him, bad ass. Kurt Ziza had magic block and you had to smack the orbs on his hands to get it back, not to mention he was fast. Sephiroth was faster and had a berzerker mode. Even the Ice Titan required that you use guard and for you to avoid useing Aero.

KH1 was boss, in every aspect.

ChocobosComet

Blinky KITTY!
Website
usagi-cho.deviantart.com
Yeah, I always laugh when I read the interview where Nomura or whomever said they were making the battle system more "user friendly".
I laugh least I cry.
User friendly usually means crap that easy enough for everybody but, deeply disappoints the original audience. I want the system to be Anti-user. To the point it attempts to murder us. Because User friendly means sad me. :<

Qarx

spaceparanoia.gif

Look there. Those are some of the things I was hoping to see.
http://spyhunter007.com/Images/tron_light_cycles.jpg
This is how Light Cycles were from a bird's eye view.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v448/nekrodave/gifs/TronLightCycles.gif
This is how they were in the movie.

http://files.turbosquid.com/Preview...e9c74ecf-a4cb-41f3-b3eb-804c31be3525Large.jpg
AND this is the tank I was hoping for.

Sadly, KH had them either different, or non-existant. And no Bit, either
http://design.osu.edu/carlson/history/images/tron-images/bitno.jpg
That's Bit saying NO.

Aetheus

How useless magic had become. Spells like Firaga and Thundarga no longer had any practical use. Well, Im sure I never actively used them in the first KH either, but atleast they had a purpose in boss fights. For the whole length of the game, I found myself mashing the X button over and over. I admit that I enjoyed the simplicity of it the first time through (atleast I din't have to fight the Phantom again; he was an absoloute nightmare in the first KH), it did become rather boring in subsequent playthroughs.

Qarx

How useless magic had become. Spells like Firaga and Thundarga no longer had any practical use. Well, Im sure I never actively used them in the first KH either, but atleast they had a purpose in boss fights. For the whole length of the game, I found myself mashing the X button over and over. I admit that I enjoyed the simplicity of it the first time through (atleast I din't have to fight the Phantom again; he was an absoloute nightmare in the first KH), it did become rather boring in subsequent playthroughs.

It sure did. I hope there'll be extra bosses with increased difficulty in later games.

I missed how combo attacks worked in KH1. In KH2, you mash the X and △ buttons to do Limit combos, while back in KH1 you could pull off Strike Raid combos consectutively(sp?) and mashing the X button was punished with breaking your combo. Remember Ars. Arcanum?

ChocobosComet

Blinky KITTY!
Website
usagi-cho.deviantart.com
It sure did. I hope there'll be extra bosses with increased difficulty in later games.

I missed how combo attacks worked in KH1. In KH2, you mash the X and △ buttons to do Limit combos, while back in KH1 you could pull off Strike Raid combos consectutively(sp?) and mashing the X button was punished with breaking your combo. Remember Ars. Arcanum?
Boy do I and Ragnarok? That one screwed up if carried out wrong as well.

Kemaru

Website
kemaru.deviantart.com
The worlds were too small and short, and they all had the same pattern. It was also way too easy. When I first got the game, I beat it in 5 days, playing 8 hours a day (If any of you wonder how that is possible, I was sick and had nothing else to do). The biggest disappointment was Atlantica, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back