• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Green Monsters in Monstro?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

SignError

Yeah, I think I do remember that. So, they implemented a couple of different clues. Still, I'm curious about the enemy AI and if they were possibly tailored differently for that specific world / segment. Just another reason to saunter gaily through KH1 again~

I posted a video at the following link showing the Green Requiems spawning above the correct doors:

I didn't let them stick around for long, so I don't know for sure if the AI is different. But I remember that they do float around and heal enemies, and that's pretty much all that Green Requiems normally do. So the only special thing is that they spawn above the doors, and they wait until you are very close to the door before they spawn.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
That is pretty spiffy stuff, indeed. Interesting to note that there are some that most are isolated, some spawn with other enemies and some that seemed to be a bit more fickle to induce spawning. 👍

SignError

When I went back for the white trinity, I checked, and after spawning, the Green Requiems above the doors float around and behave normally. There are also Green Requiems that spawn with other enemies, and the correct doors do glow green and purple, while the others glow blue and purple. So there are lots of really cool interactions that I hadn’t even noticed in my many previous playthroughs.

LinLin

I do remember Green creatures inside monstro but I cant remember if they were heartless or not

Soldier

Awards
Wow, I
I posted a video at the following link showing the Green Requiems spawning above the correct doors:

I didn't let them stick around for long, so I don't know for sure if the AI is different. But I remember that they do float around and heal enemies, and that's pretty much all that Green Requiems normally do. So the only special thing is that they spawn above the doors, and they wait until you are very close to the door before they spawn.
Wow, I guess Gepetto didn't drink seawater after all! the "green monsters" were the requiems the entire time! Now if only I learned that as a kid, would've made beating the game (or at least that portion of it) a whole lot easier. Thank you, and I guess that's case closed then,

Soldier

Awards
Wasn't there like stomach acid organs or something in this version?
No, you're thinking of Rechain of memories where that was a hazard. Original KH1 monstro had stomach acid in the stomach, but it was just a damaging pool of water essentially.

XAndrew

Awards

They can also poison you and your party members, I believe.

Soldier

Awards
They can also poison you and your party members, I believe.
Where was that in Kingdom Hearts? the Green Requiem represented cure magic and had no offensive capabilities. Aside from being immune to Sora's spells and curing heartless, It didn't poision anything.

Back