• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

GRrrrrrrr

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Counter Shock

Bunneh As$as$in
well yah it's true, it's too linear. If i'm in pride lands and i wanna go to beast's castle damn it i wanna go i don't want the game to tell me "nuh uh n00b you hav e to go save tron" or something.....T_T

I don't have the game yet,(Getting it in 1 to 2 weeks), but if your at a world later in the game and you want to go to one earlier you cant? Damn that sucks.

E

Eclipse

countershock, yes you can backtrack, but usually you can't explore around the world because they will tell you "i don't think this is right" or "we should be going over here" or something

it's much more linear then the first one

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
xD KH2 gets good reviews mostly, read the good ones. IGN is on crack. :]

Puck

THE GHOST ELF of LONG BEACH
You know, magic is useful in the game. Because that healing spell saves my life a lot. The potions sometimes take too long to drop on you. Curaga instantly heals you. I found the magic in this game better than the magic in the last game. Fire and blizzard are better. In the last game, the only good spell besides Cure was thunder. The others were pointless and get you killed.

Oblivion wielder

||~VentusOmnus~||
You were the one who said me not to complain about the game's difficulty and now you are complaining
If you dont like it dont play it

OmegaChosen

Calm and Collected Veteran
Awards
magic is useless in kh2 dude
only cure is useful and that is a one time thing until your magic meter goes back up
there was only one boss in which you had to sue magic to beat and that was the grim reaper in port royal and i hadn't used any magic besides cure in the whole game so i was totally out of practice on what the magic did or how far their reach was
that boss battle took my a good hour
besides that, you don't use it at all
and when the magic levels up, all it does is make it do like one more point of magic
it was useless to me
and why did they take aeroga out of the game?
that was my all time favorite magic......
and the game is really too linear......
but i was able to go to tron's world before i even beat pride lands or agrabah!
the game is entirely easy for the first half but gets kind of difficult in the second half where you go back to each world.
i wish they had incorporated magic more into the game though.......
i miss aeroga......:(

Jman17

Website
www.myspace.com
It got a 9 from game informer..and there usally pretty hard to impress...they make fun of like everything...but they didnt to kh2 so who knows....screw the nah sayers as long as you like it then its all good.

-BLITZ-

If you like it you like it. If you like it even though magic and stuff wasn't a big part of the game it still means its good. Remember reviews are strictly the reviewers opinion and not factual. I hate people who's opinion changes after reading reviews. I loved this game, i didnt care about magic or other elements that people SAY "make" a good rpg game. I say screw the elements and you either like it or you dont.

wtholyf

Well you know that's just the thing, want to have a way fun experience? go to the part where you have to fight the 1000 nobodies except don't ever use the reaction command, Also guys magic is way powerful, I would just run around cast thundaga and in about thirty seconds, the entire world was clear of enemies. Yes the game is more button mashy, but that's because SE thought the game would be to difficult if they uped the abilites of the nobodies. It was funny the nobodies have all these abilities that get used agaisnt them via the reaction command. Besides you forget, there are much more enemies in this then the last, I personally do wish you had to incorperate more spells, but you know, SE HAD to take aeroga out, it was a noob spell. It negated almost all the damage which made killing people easy, now you have to actually use skill and time your reflect magic. The thing is however, kh2 provides more fun challenges then KH1 did. For try locking all the keyholes in a drive form costume, try defeating the 1000 nobodies without use the reaction command. Try fighting with mostly wisdom form only as your drive throughout the whole game. The game is button mashy, but so was KH1, excepty however, KH1 doesn't have as many good abilites. I personally gave this game an 8.6. It's an easy game, however very fun to whatch.

-BLITZ-

Games are all about fun. As long as you enjoyed playing it who cares how hard it was.

E

Eclipse

FYI, i wrote this thread a WEEK AGO.

another point, magic IS useless, besides cure.

in kh1, you had to use certain spells against certain bosses, like the phantom. i loved that fight, it was intuitive, and challengin

you had to light the candles in traverse town

in kh2 you almost don't use offensive magic at all :p

those are my points people. I wish magic was integrated more

EDIT: let me re-word that. Magic isn't USELESS it's just not NEEDED. in kh1 you needed to use magic to move on in some spots, some bosses needed spells in order to be defeated. In kh2, i beg to differ

wtholyf

Well mostly in mini games magic was required, however in POC magic is definitly something that should be used to help alot. But yes magic isn't as needed as it wasnt in KH1 I will agree to that. However I still don't think it's completly unesscary and unneeded in the game

E

Eclipse

^ it's not needed

you can use it, but it's not needed

i also wish drives were incorporated more like say you had to use a certain move with a certain drive to defeat a boss ^_^

wtholyf

In the beginning of POC you had to use magic, from that point on it wasn't required but when they are trying to take over yourship, to kill them in time you might have wanted to use magic

Sharikaaria

i've read several negative reviews for kh2, and i have to admit that the game is button-mashy and the magic and summons aren't incorporated into the game as much. TSK, if you've read a lot of kh2 reviews that are not happy about kh2 then you'll obviously start feeling different. if you keep reading stuff like that you're bound to feel less happy. just screw the reviews and think wayyy outside the box. most people like kh2, yet some don't. the "some" are the magazine people and the people who run game sites..

Dr. Stoopid

Sure magic isnt "needed" but it kills every enemy in 1 or two hits - or heavy damage to many bosses from a distance, and hits multiple enemies. Lot faster than attacking. Besides, I think it's more fun to have low strength. My stats right now are level 90 / strength 61 / magic 68 / defense 71. But... if you picked the sword like 99% of us do, take some time to think about why your magic sucks.

My point, not needed, but far from "useless."

E

Eclipse

^ yeah. i've learned to appreciate kh2 as a GAME. not as PERFECTION. i don't wanna hold kh2 up to perfect standards. it was great game for something they worked on for 2-3 years. it has it's flaws but then again every game does. i love the game 9/10

only problem is---now that i beat it...i have nothing to do o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back