• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

If you could assign kingdom hearts characters with final fantasy Jobs/Classes, then what will it be?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Foxycian

Awards
Imo here’s my choice for some characters based on the abilities they’ve displayed.

• Sora: Freelancer & Onion Knight & Red Mage & Summoner & Mime.

1. Like Freelancer, He’s an all rounder, He can be all jobs/classes, he’s basically a Jack-of-all-trades (but I can’t exactly add every Job to him, otherwise there won’t be any space left).

2. Like Onion Knight, he can switch Jobs/Classes anytime (Drive Forms).

3. Like Summoner, He has summon abilities, can summon Allies in battle (tho I guess maybe others besides Sora can also become summoners too if later they were given the option to summon allies in battle?).

4. Like Mime, he’s shown to Mimic a fraction of other characters abilities and movements (sometimes he even steals their move from them and use it against them).

5. Like Red Mage, He’s balanced between strength & magic (balanced stats in damage).

• Riku: Paladin & Dark Knight & Dragoon.

1. Like Paladin, he has a powerful light.

2. Like Dark Knight, he has a powerful darkness.

3. Like Dragoon, some of Riku’s signature attacks has him dash multiple times and thrust fiercely (like a spear), and some attacks of his has him jump high like a Dragoon to deal a devastating damage when landing (also his Soul Eater & Way to the Dawn look like spears, and even Ansem used the Soul Eater as a spear in his final boss form in KH1. also Nomura said he was inspired by Kain when creating Riku).

• Kairi: White Wizard & Oracle.

1. Like White Wizard, lots of her magic attacks in KH3 are Light/Holy type, and she’s also a pure light, which is a huge boost with light powers (she gets White Wizard which is an Evolution of White Mage, because she was born pure light naturally compared to Ventus).

2. Like Oracle, she has high potential for high tier magic (tho hopefully Aqua helps her reach that potential).

• Roxas: Samurai & Warrior & Holy Knight.

1. Like Samurai, he fights like one, and his Nobody servants are dual wielding Samurai.

2. Like Warrior, Roxas is powerful in closeup fights.

3. Like Holy Knight, Roxas spams Light attacks in melee (Holy Knight is basically a weaker Paladin, but still powerful).

• Axel: Ninja.

1. Like a Ninja, he fights like an assassin, and throws his weapons like shuriken.

• Xion: Mime.

1. Like Mime, she (like Riku Replica) mimics the abilities of others, mainly Roxas/Sora.

• Ventus: Thief & Red Mage & Paladin & Time Mage & White Mage & Dark Knight.

1. Like Thief, he uses reverse grip and quick attacks.

2. Like Red Mage, his stats are balanced in magic & strength (like everyone he can cast any magic including black magic, but he also has access to Holy/Light magic compared to most others, hence why he’s a Red Mage)

3. Like Paladin, has a powerful light affinity, and he uses light swords (Wingblade). and some light attacks here and there like pillars of light or Spark Raid.

4. Like Time Mage, he has time magic abilities. such as Time Splicer. and also Dark Splicer which slows time (only useable against Vanitas), Ven can also grants the Haste ability to his allies with his D-Link.

5. Like White Mage, he’s a pure light, and has lots of self healing attacks such as Holy/Faith and Salvation (tho now that we know Darkness is back within him, not really sure if he is pure anymore?).

6. Like Dark Knight, he has a powerful Darkness (Vanitas), which is the most powerful darkness among the Guardians, and in KH3 it’s shown that he does indeed have his Darkness back deep within him.

• Terra: Samurai & Warrior & Dark Knight.

1. Like Samurai, he has some Samurai abilities, and his outfit is based on a Samurai.

2. Like a Warrior, he’s a tank, and uses heavy attacks.

3. Like Dark Knight, he uses darkness abilities infused with his attacks.

• Aqua: Black Mage & Dancer & Time Mage & Oracle.

1. Like Black Mage, she casts very powerful magic.

2. Like Dancer, she dances in battle, Her fighting style is inspired by a ballerina.

3. Like Time Mage, she can use time magic, such as Time Splicer and Magic Hour.

4. Like Oracle, she is a master of magic, and has the highest magic stats (if we don’t include Donald or Mickey) among the Guardians of Light. physically she’s weak, but she’s a decent healer, and powerful spell caster (it’s a job basically similar to Black Mage, but with some differences).

• Mickey: Red Wizard (evolution of Red Mage).

1. Like Red Wizard, he uses lots of physical and magical abilities (he focuses on both melee and magic equally).

• Donald: Black Mage.

1. Like Black Mage, he uses very powerful magic abilities, he’s basically a maxed out Black Mage.

• Goofy: Knight.

1. Like a Knight, he focuses on melee and has high defense.

• Saïx/Isa: Berserker (yes i added him, cause he seem to have become part of the gang now?).

1. Like Berserker, he has a Berserker form, like literally.

• Namine: Pictomancer

1. Like Pictomancer, she likes art (she really doesn’t have a clear job, I just listed her this mage job cause I think it suited her the most, since she likes to draw).

Last edited:

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Oooh! This looks quite crazy! Some of these will by hybrid job classes. I'm almost mainly doing FFV jobs as they are the ones I'm most familiar with. Also some might overlap. I may give explanations for my choices later as well in a edit.

Sora-Freelancer
Riku-Paladin/Dark Knight
Kairi-Red Mage
Aqua-Oracle/Dancer
Terra/Lingering Will-Gladiator
Ventus-Thief
Roxas-Ninja/Samurai
Xion-Mime/Blue Mage
Axel-Mystic Knight
Eraqus-Samurai
Mickey-Freelancer
Donald-Red Mage/Oracle
Goofy-Knight
Namine-Oracle
Yozora-Blue Mage
Repliku-Dark Knight/Paladin?

Master Xehanort-Geomancer/Necromancer
Ansem-Beastmaster
Xemnas-Necromancer
Young Xehanort-Time Mage
Xigbar-Ranger
Saix-Berserker
Marulxia-Necromancer
Vexen-Chemist
Demyx-Summoner/Bard
Zexion-Scholar
Lexaeus-Gladiator
Xaldin-Dragoon
Larxene-Thief
Luxord-Gambler
Vanitas-Dark Knight
Terranort-Gladiator/Dark Knight
Dark Riku-Dark Knight

Can't judge the Zoo-Keys, MoM, or Union X characters just yet.

Last edited:

Foxycian

Awards
Oooh! This looks quite crazy! Some of these will by hybrid job classes. I'm almost mainly doing FFV jobs as they are the ones I'm most familiar with. Also some might overlap. I may give explanations for my choices later as well in a edit.

Sora-Freelancer
Riku-Paladin/Dark Knight
Kairi-Red Mage
Aqua-Oracle/Dancer
Terra/Lingering Will-Gladiator
Ventus-Thief
Roxas-Ninja/Samurai
Xion-Mime/Blue Mage
Axel-Mystic Knight
Eraqus-Samurai
Mickey-Freelancer
Donald-Red Mage/Oracle
Goofy-Knight
Namine-Oracle
Yozora-Freelancer
Repliku-Dark Knight/Paladin?

Master Xehanort-Geomancer/Necromancer
Ansem-Beastmaster
Xemnas-Necromancer
Young Xehanort-Time Mage
Xigbar-Ranger
Saix-Berserker
Marulxia-Necromancer
Vexen-Chemist
Demyx-Summoner/Bard
Zexion-Scholar
Lexaeus-Gladiator
Xaldin-Dragoon
Larxene-Thief
Luxord-Gambler
Vanitas-Dark Knight
Terranort-Gladiator/Dark Knight
Dark Riku-Dark Knight

Can't judge the Zoo-Keys, MoM, or Union X characters just yet.
Nice list guess we have different opinions (on the characters I listed) but nevertheless it’s Good.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Nice list guess we have different opinions (on the characters I listed) but nevertheless it’s Good.
I did have trouble placing some, like Marluxia and even Yozora I think I should have made him half Blue Mage as well. Probably going to edit that lol.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I understand your opinion on aqua of being a dancer with the way she moves in kh but if I may ask, why oracle instead of red mage? Ffxiv red mage is literally aqua but color red, red mage is a mage that fights like a fencer.
View attachment 12465
View attachment 12466
Red Mage's are users of magic but masters of none. Aqua is a legit master with high level magics. Oracles have the highest magic stats in the Job Class (At least in FFV) I figured that fit Aqua being a magical powerhouse.

On a side note in addition to Aqua's moves she's powerful but fragile as anything. Much like the Dancer class. It's perfect for her.

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
SRK-
I always figured Sora would be more of the Red Mage, honestly. He does a little bit of everything but isn't particularly the "best" at any one sort of thing because his move set lends himself to be generally decent at anything (if we look at lore and ignore game play which makes him beefy as all hell whenever we control him).

I could also see Sora being a semi Summoner class considering apart from D-links he seems to be the only person able to actually DO that and lore-wise that seems to be his strongest skill. "My friends are my power" and all of that.

Riku is a Dark knight, Paladin.

Kairi we haven't seen much combat-wise, but she is probably closer to some sort of White Mage/Monk hybrid.

TAV-
Aqua is a much more focused magic user, and relatively squishy on the physical front so she would be your classic Black Mage/Time mage.

Ven prioritizes speed, so he would be a thief.

Terra is probably closest to a Foebreaker considering his technique usually consists of smash things in their face with a big beefy weapon. Only issue is that class usually uses hammers, but we can let that slide I think.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Donald=Berserker

Admit it, Mage Donald never made any sense.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
Xemnas - FFXIV Sage (the new class coming next expansion)
Xigbar - Machinist
Xaldin - Dragoon
Vexen - Chemist
Zexion - Scholar
Lexaeus - Warrior
Saix - Berserker
Axel - Dancer
Demyx - Bard
Luxord - Gambler
Marluxia - Necromancer
Larxene - Ninja
Roxas - Rogue
Xion - Blue Mage

Sora - Freelancer
Riku - Dark Knight
Kairi - White Mage
Donald - Black Mage
Goofy - Paladin
Mickey - Time Mage
Namine - Astrologian

Terra - Berserker/Warrior/Dark Knight abomination
Aqua - Oracle/Red Mage
Ventus - Thief

Xehanort - Onion Knight (any and all)
Ansem SoD - Summoner

Soldier

Awards
Wouldn't Donald be more of a black/white mage hybrid? I recall some people mentioning how that was the first time anything final fantasy related melded the two classes together. I know there's the "Donald never heals" meme, but his access to cure spell is part of the white mage class.

ExoFury

Awards
Everyone ignoring the most important detail about red mage, they use rapiers and use fencing stance and fight in a fencer way, none of the keyblade wielders are like that except maybe Aqua, in final fantasy games most if not all the characters can cast magic, so does that make them red mages? I think not, is cloud a red mage cause he can cast magic and wield a sword? Is squall a red mage if he cast magic and wields a sword? Is tidus a red mage if he cast magic and uses a sword? Sorry if I sound mad but Everywhere I go I see someone thinks a character is red mage cause he or she can cast magic while holding a sword lol but it’s not always the case.

I agree with your statement of "not every sword wielding magic slinger is a Red Mage", but the logic behind is flawed. Actually, what classifies someone as a red mage is the ability to use mid-tier White and Black magic and being a capable weapon user - as per the older description of Final Fantasy of (in Japanese production order) I, III, and V. The recent version of Red Mages primarily brandish rapiers and take on a duelist fighting style - this was simply a design choice to make them standout from other one-handed sword wields. In FF XI, they could use all weapons but were best with swords (not limited to rapiers but all) and daggers while equipping shields - meaning they use a more finesse style of fighting. Compare this to FF XII where they could use greatswords, maces and equip shields which implies a more brutish fighting style. The real qualifications to be a Red Mage is: 1) cast moderate tier White and Black Magic (in some games Green, and Arcane Magick as well); 2) be capable of brandishing a weapon for melee combat and using it to moderate effectiveness; 3) be well rounded in all things, never excelling - Red Mages are Jack of All Trades.

See video for a complete evolution of Red Mages

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com
Not quite the same, but for anyone into D&D, a while ago I matched up each character with D&D classes/subclasses. There are definitely some similarities to FF classes, given many of FF's classes were initially based on D&D. Sorry for long post! Feel free to critique my choices :)

Sora
- Paladin, Oath of Devotion
- Multiclass: Wizard, School of Evocation

Riku
- Paladin, Oath of Redemption
- Multiclass: Sorcerer, Shadow Magic

Kairi
- Cleric, Peace Domain
- Multiclass: Paladin, Oath of Devotion

Terra
- Fighter, Rune Knight
- Multiclass: Sorcerer, Stone Sorcery
- Multiclass: Barbarian, Path of Wild Magic

Aqua
- Wizard, Bladesinger
- Multiclass: Paladin, Oath of the Watchers

Ven
- Rogue: Swashbuckler
- Multiclass: Sorcerer, Storm Sorcery
- Multiclass: Cleric, Light Domain

Roxas
- Fighter, Samurai
- Multiclass: Cleric, Twilight Domain
- Multiclass: Paladin, Oath of Vengeance

Xion
- Barbarian, Path of the Beast
- Multiclass: Cleric, Twilight Domain

Namine
- Wizard, School of Enchantment

Mickey
- Cleric, Light Domain
- Multiclass: Paladin, Path of Devotion

Donald
- Wizard, School of War Magic

Goofy
- Paladin, Oath of the Crown

Xemnas
- Monk, Way of the Astral Self
- Multiclass: Wizard, School of Abjuration
- Multiclass: Artificer, Artillerist

Xigbar
- Fighter, Renegade
- Multiclass: Ranger, Horizon Walker Conclave
- Multiclass: Wizard, School of Graviturgy

Xaldin
- Fighter, Cavalier
- Multiclass: Sorcerer, Storm Sorcery

Vexen
- Artificer, Armorer
- Multiclass: Sorcerer, Cryomancy

Lexaeus
- Fighter, Champion
- Multiclass: Sorcerer, Stone Sorcery

Zexion
- Wizard, School of Illusion
- Multiclass: Sorcerer, Aberrant Mind

Saix
- Barbarian, Path of the Berserker
- Multiclass: Druid, Circle of the Moon

Axel
- Sorcerer, Pyromancy
- Multiclass: Rogue, Assassin

Demyx
- Bard, College of Creation
- Multiclass: Sorcerer, Sea Sorcery

Luxord
- Rogue, Wild Card
- Multiclass: Wizard, School of Chronurgy

Marluxia
- Druid, Circle of Twilight
- Multiclass: Warlock, The Archfey

Larxene
- Monk, Way of the Sun Soul
- Multiclass: Rogue, Swashbuckler

Master Xehanort
- Sorcerer, Clockwork Soul Sorcery
- Multiclass: Wizard, Transmutation
- Multiclass: Warlock, The Seeker

Young Xehanort
- Paladin, Oathbreaker
- Multiclass: Wizard, School of Chronurgy

Ansem SoD
- Sorcerer, Shadow Magic
- Multiclass: Warlock, The Fiend

Terra-Xehanort
- Sorcerer, Shadow Magic
- Multiclass: Barbarian, Path of Wild Magic
- Multiclass: Warlock, The Fiend

Vanitas
- Barbarian, Path of Wild Magic
- Multiclass: Sorcerer, Wild Magic

Riku Replica/Dark Riku
- Fighter, Eldritch Knight
- Multiclass: Sorcerer, Shadow Magic

Eraqus
- Paladin: Oath of the Ancients
- Multiclass: Barbarian, Path of the Zealot
- Multiclass: Fighter, Samurai

Yen Sid
- Sorcerer, Divine Soul Sorcery
- Multiclass: Wizard, School of Lore Mastery
- Multiclass: Druid, Circle of Stars

Maleficent
- Druid, Circle of Wildfire
- Multiclass: Sorcerer, Draconic Bloodline

Ansem the Wise
- Artificer, Alchemist
- Multiclass: Cleric, Knowledge Domain

Master of Masters
- Cleric, Trickery Domain
- Multiclass: Wizard, School of Divination
- ???

Luxu
- Rogue, Mastermind
- Multiclass: ???

Ira
- Barbarian, Path of the Totem Warrior
- Multiclass: Wizard, Order of Scribes

Invi
- Multiclass: Rogue, Inquisitive

Aced
- Multiclass: Fighter, Banneret

Ava
- Multiclass: Cleric, Peace Domain

Gula
- Multiclass: Rogue, Scout

Ephemer
- Multiclass: Druid, Circle of Dreams

Skuld
- Multiclass: ???

Brain
- Fighter, Samurai
- Multiclass: Wizard, Technomancy

ExoFury

Awards
Tulok on Youtube has done some KH characters. Might wanna check that out.

Back