• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Gundam

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
I searched for a Gundam thread but I couldn't find one. So here it is.

One of my favorite franchises. My favorites are Wing, Seed, 00, and G (in no particular order). The only reason why Zeta and ZZ aren't included is because I haven't seen them all the way through yet. I'm waiting until I can buy the dvd box sets.

So anyway, I started watching this latest series Mobile Suit Gundam AGE. I was reluctant because the art style looked sort of childish like one of those Pokemon-type shows. But the mech designs are still cool and the enemies are completely different than most others so I got interested.

The main thing that made me want to post this thread was this. Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme VS for PS3 December 1, 2011.

[video=youtube;QpFoPd2Vumw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QpFoPd2Vumw[/video]

Seeing this for the first time, I felt like that guy who saw the double rainbow. Every single Gundam series (even the manga exclusives) is represented in this game. I know this isn't the first time it's been done. Its actually the latest game in a long running series of Gundam games that feature many Gundam series. What has me excited is that this is the first one to be on a current-gen console. 'Cause let's face it. Those Dynasty Warriors Gundam games just don't cut it. Unfortunately no game in this VS series has ever been localized and there are no plans to localize this one either but since it's PS3 there is no region protection. So I'll definitely be importing it. Too bad it costs over 100 USD. I still think it's worth it though.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Gundam AGE is an effort on the franchise's part to draw in a younger audience. Not that there's anything wrong with that, of course; but it is really, really obvious. Literally everything about the show screams "aimed at kids."

It's not all that bad of a show though, just so long as you keep that in mind when you watch it. There's a certain simple joy to be found when watching shows targeted more towards children.

Gram

Banned
Awards
granted i havent seen many gundams the few being G, 00 and Wing i seen i think two others but dont remember their names but i loved Wing :O got the entire show! 00 was good to, but wing was the only one i very much enjoyed.

now that i think on it i dotn take to mech shows much >.> weird...

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
Shining Finger Sword was hands down the coolest thing ever when I was a kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back