• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

.hack// series

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

soraalam1

You guys remember this game? It was so awesome. In fact I'd say it is my second favorite series under Kingdom Hearts. It shared fame with the original Kingdom Hearts way back when. But now its losing popularity and having localization problems. This makes me sad. :frown: .hack//Link never was localized and now I'm worried about the new .hack//versus. If you want to help with the localization push look here.

This is a video of the new .hack//Versus.
[video=youtube;T7bYIOy2Zpk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=[/video]

What do you guys think of the series?

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I've personally only played the .hack//G.U. games and I'm still like halfway through the 3rd one. But it's a pretty cool series I suppose.

I still fuckin' hate Atoli. =3= I miss Alkaid...

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me
i still don't understand why they never turned this into an mmo

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
i still don't understand why they never turned this into an mmo
idk either but with some things like the message boards and shit like that it might be harder to maintain. plus with g.u.'s shenanigans idk how that would even work.

VirusCoreHacker

While I would love for Link/Versus to be localized, We can only hope they bring the movie to NA since they were bundled together.While I also love the series, I'm starting to agree with everyone else thinking their necessarily dragging out the series even with the announcement of it ending.

Aside from that, CC has announced a new Iphone/android RPG named Guilty Dragon labled under the .hack series

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
What this series really needs is an actual followup. Not a spin-off/recap.

It's been a while since Roots/GU.

soraalam1

I'd like an actual RPG follow up as well. Guilty Dragon... is a pretty cool concept, I wish it wasn't a mobile game. You do get to create your own character so maybe its a test for a real online .hack game. Just sorting out the mechanics and stuff. Besides, its trademarked under .hack conglomerate and has concept art of Kite. Thats enough proof its related to .hack.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I loved the games, but I never got to finish the series because they were already scarce when I started them.

Coeurl

Demon Dance
.hack//TheWorld haha

But really, wasn't there a .hack MMO back then? it was fragment I think.

Awards
I'd love to see a .hack MMO, but frankly I'd rather it be made with some seriously advanced Virtual Reality tech, similar to what is used in the game... And that kinda stuff is far off. ;-;

VirusCoreHacker

I'm unsure if Cyber connects honestly would have the resources overall to perfect a true .hack MMO, besides the series is too far along as I feel it would be "too late" for them to create them now.

I'll stick with the fan made ones for the time being. Last thing I can hope for is a legit HD remake of the original 4 games, sadly we'd probably won't get that either. Guess we'll have to wait to see what happens next.

soraalam1

I'm unsure if Cyber connects honestly would have the resources overall to perfect a true .hack MMO, besides the series is too far along as I feel it would be "too late" for them to create them now.

I'll stick with the fan made ones for the time being. Last thing I can hope for is a legit HD remake of the original 4 games, sadly we'd probably won't get that either. Guess we'll have to wait to see what happens next.

Well CyberConnect gets really rich with the Naruto games, maybe they will use some of that money to keep .hack alive with an MMO. If its possible. And nice name :p

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Oh god, .hack//, once one of my pets beside Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts. I have all the mangas including XXXX, the //Another Birth and //AI Buster novels, the //sign and //Liminality anime and the first four games //Infection to //Quarantine.
Practically the whole The World:R1 era so to say.
Sadly, the whole The World:R2-era including the G.U. games and corresponding media were never released in Germany except the Manga G.U.+, which is why I ultimatively lost sight of the .hack// franchise due to rarely something ever coming over.

I once read an article about .hack//LINK and was surprised to see Kite, Tsukasa and Haseo actually working together and Cubia taking his human boy-form from the XXXX-manga actually in a game, but that one was actually also never released in Europe, and so far even the manga wasn't (unlike G.U.).

.hack// had always an intriguing and epic story, but the media jumping (not only consoles, but also books, mangas and animes, dear KH fans, lol) is even worse than with Kingdom Hearts if you want to get the whole picture, by now even spread over three eras (The World:R1, The World:R2 and The World:RX) which I am not even fully sure how (and if) they still intersect storywise or if Aura and someone looking like Kite's original avatar are the only constants.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
So Versus is just gonna be another fighting game? Looks like my hopes for it being like .hack//g.u. have been crushed again. The movie looks good that I'm hoping it will get localized.

I've been a big fan of the .hack// series since acquiring .hack//g.u. I haven't played the other games but I love g.u. That I really want another rpg just like it. I've seen both .hack//roots, sign, and twilight. I personally like .hack//roots the best. I don't know much about The World:RX but I wish we could have had .Hack//Link localized here.

It would be nice if they turned it into an MMO but I'm not a PC Gamer either. If they put it on multiply platforms then that would be great but that aside I don't think they'll ever make one. Unless they do it sometime in the future when better technology comes out that could handle it.

VirusCoreHacker

iPhone, takes place within"The World".
Gameplay looks pretty neat.
Soundtrack is awesome as usual.
Dislike the idea of Haseo and Kite being re-used, thought the boss battle aspect seems interesting.
Overall, I kind of want to play it.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Good god, I need to get an iPhone. It looks like Black Rose is in it too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back