• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Halo 5 - e3 Trailer! 2012 release

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
re: Halo 4

Yup, just watched it! Can't wait to see what 343 studios has done to the series.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards

Multiplayer featuring Spartan-IV's confirms thoughts I've held all along about what's going to happen in the game. Eventually, human elements would have to be introduced. As per the novel Glasslands, John's old Spartan-II team (who could pretty much be considered the best) and some Spartan-III's were picked up by the best ship in the UNSC fleet, the Infinity. If any ship was to be sent on a mission of unknown duration and risk, it'd be that ship, which will most likely still have the characters from the novel Glasslands on it. Long story short, there's probably going to be a point in the campaign where all the generations of Spartans have a little reunion and open up a huge can of whoop-ass.

It's good to see that we aren't having campaign-recycled maps. That was atrocious of Reach to do, since so much of the campaign was basically Firefight mode anyway. I'm curious what can be done with Multiplayer and Forge overall, and I suspect Forge World is going to make a comeback, but further expanded to include the hill and tower seen off in the distance, thereby opening up more gameplay options. Also to increase what can be done in focus areas of the map, there might be the option to seal off areas from the game area, which could be interesting to see in multiplayer too. One awesome possibility this opens up would be to have a massive 32-player Invasion match, beginning in Blood Gulch before moving up the hill for the second phase, and concluding in the Forerunner tower.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards

I don't really follow Halo's story that well, but I thought all the Spartans besides Chief were dead. How would they have a reunion?

Dark Drive

Awards

ARGH.

I picked up Cryptum from the library but never got round to reading it.

I'll have to go get it again once i'm finished with Frost Wolf and Mockingjay.

pedrocs21

Multiplayer featuring Spartan-IV's confirms thoughts I've held all along about what's going to happen in the game. Eventually, human elements would have to be introduced. As per the novel Glasslands, John's old Spartan-II team (who could pretty much be considered the best) and some Spartan-III's were picked up by the best ship in the UNSC fleet, the Infinity. If any ship was to be sent on a mission of unknown duration and risk, it'd be that ship, which will most likely still have the characters from the novel Glasslands on it. Long story short, there's probably going to be a point in the campaign where all the generations of Spartans have a little reunion and open up a huge can of whoop-ass.

It's good to see that we aren't having campaign-recycled maps. That was atrocious of Reach to do, since so much of the campaign was basically Firefight mode anyway. I'm curious what can be done with Multiplayer and Forge overall, and I suspect Forge World is going to make a comeback, but further expanded to include the hill and tower seen off in the distance, thereby opening up more gameplay option. Also to increase what can be done in focus areas of the map, there might be the option to seal off areas from the game area, which could be interesting to see in multiplayer too. One awesome possibility this opens up would be to have a massive 32-player Invasion match, beginning in Blood Gulch before moving up the hill for the second phase, and concluding in the Forerunner tower.

I personally dont want another blood gulch, there are already 3 different versions of that map... btw 343 industries is making a playlist update for Halo reach with 16 player invasion and more invasion maps :D

Reagan Rayden
I don't really follow Halo's story that well, but I thought all the Spartans besides Chief were dead. How would they have a reunion?.

Some of them survived, During halo 1 he thought his spartans were dead but in the novel First strike he returns to reach and saves them (and doctor halsey)

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards

ARGH.

I picked up Cryptum from the library but never got round to reading it.
You're better off reading Glasslands, it's connections are more immediately relevant to Halo 4. To get background on subsequent games, it might be a good idea to read through Primordium, which doesn't really rely on Cryptum in any way despite directly following it.

Dark Drive

Awards

You're better off reading Glasslands, it's connections are more immediately relevant to Halo 4. To get background on subsequent games, it might be a good idea to read through Primordium, which doesn't really rely on Cryptum in any way despite directly following it.

I'll have to see if my Library has them. I've seen Primordium though.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Re: Halo 4

May 2012 GameInformer scans:
http://imgur.com/a/8udhe#0

Positive
- Joining in-sesson games
- Instant respawn
- Dedicated co-op episodic content
- Sprint is now a default feature
- X-ray vision armour ability

Negative
- No Elites in multiplayer
- Potential loss of Firefight mode
- Abilities unlock as you rank up
- Reason for Spartan reds and blues fighting is a training simulation hurrr

Make of it what you will'
- Loadouts
- Weapon drops in random locations (or randomly between set locations, not clarified)

All in all, to me the negative changes outweigh the positive ones. Those that were an improvement are to be expected or predictable, meanwhile the negative (or 'neutral' ones) take the game away from what make Halo games distinctive in terms of gameplay and mechanics.

pedrocs21

Re: Halo 4

God kupoing dammit.

http://forums.khinsider.com/video-games/166560-halo-4-a.html

>No Elites in multiplayer, even though the novel Glasslands hints that there are elements within the Elite heirarchy who want humanity gone and are rallying forces to wipe them out before they rebuild.

>'In-universe' reason for Spartan-IV's fighting is bullshit. Training simulations aboard the UNSC Infinity, not something actually significant like UNSC- or Insurrection-sympathisers, or ONI/UNSC split.

>343 Industries doesn't have any concrete plans for a dedicated Firefight mode. Maybe it'll be incorporated into the Spartan Ops stuff?

>JOINING IN-SESSION GAMES IS NOW A FEATURE, AFTER EIGHT BLOODY YEARS

With the exclusion of Elites, VR nature of MP, and potential loss of Firefight, I'm definitely not as excited for this game as I was before. Given most people played as Spartans it's not a huge loss that there Elites are gone, but it would seem strange there's not going to be any option to fight with/as them.

I think thats not confirmed yet:
[video=youtube;yd6EJ52fMKw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd6EJ52fMKw&feature=g-all-u&context=G2fdaab0FAAAAAAAABAA[/video]

Zter

Re: HALO 4 - GameInformer Scans, Gameplay Details!

Looks like all of the other Halo games. This game won't win any awards, that's for sure.

pedrocs21

Looks like all of the other Halo games. This game won't win any awards, that's for sure.

Actually, i think this game looks NOTHING like other the halo games. The graphics look much better, and the gameplay and gamemodes seem to work alot differently than the other games (even though that kinda saddens me)

EDIT: THX Orion for updating the OP for me, saved a lot of trouble ;)

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards

where can i find the scans?
In my post and edited into the OP as an imgur album :)

Btw if that information is true, then im kinda disapointed in 343. :/
I know, right?

Check out the GI scans. This will be the biggest departure from classic Halo gameplay yet, and it doesn't look like it's for the better. In addition, how can Halo 4 win any awards when the gameplay and systems its got going either already exist or are done better by others?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back