• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Handicap Battles!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Color Me Evil

versus
Awards
Handicap Battles! 2K12!

back by popular demand! get your game face on! HB! is a battle royal designed to make you put your thinking cap on and stretch you to your limits. this isn't supposed to be easy! but it's supposed to make you better. I've seen some insane tags come outta this thing, so if you wanna get better, get yo punk ass on the sign up list!

Onto the rules and specs!

Who can join?
As always, it's open to all members, newbs and vets. After all, this tournament is all about increasing skillz!

Bring it on, CME.
fck yeah. All you need to do is say you want in and you’re in. Read on, chief.

Tournament Format
Handicap Battles! will implement the sudden death tournament format where only the winner of a match will advance to the next round. The tournament bracket will be released at least two days before the first round so keep checking this thread. Initial brackets will be picked at random.

Rounds and Matches
A thread will be created by the tournament presider for each match. The participants will be given 48 hours to create, post and edit their entries.

• Should there be an odd number of participants in a round, a pre-round match will be held between the two lowest-seeded participants.
• Seeding will be based on the total number of votes the participant garnered in all of the previous rounds.

Handicaps
Aside from the deadline, the tournament presider (aka me) will also place a set of restrictions/“handicaps” on submissions for each round. These restrictions may range anywhere from size limits to a total ban on certain graphics elements.

• To make the game a bit more interesting, some of the handicaps of the previous rounds will be carried over to the new round.
• There will be no new handicaps in pre-round matches.

here is an example battle thread

Voting
A 48-hour (2-day) voting period will begin immediately after the deadline. All members can vote, except for the two participants of the match. The tournament presider can only vote in the case of a tie.

Members must post a paragraph of at least three sentences about the entry they’re going to vote for, and one sentence of constructive criticism for the other entry. It’s a pretty simple format so if a member fails to follow it, he/she will be sent a PM by the Tournament Presider (aka this bitch) and will be given the rest of the voting period to edit his/her vote. His/her vote will be invalidated if it still isn't of the prescribed format by the end of the voting period. (Sorry, chief.)

Grounds for Elimination

• One loss
• Failure to comply with the handicaps
• Failure to meet the deadline will result in a forfeit

-----------------------

A list of participants will be needed by the end of the current tournament. That's plenty of time!

autobots, roll out!

List of participants:
Aldrain
Salty
D.D.D.
Happy Holocaust
King Sora X
Sean
Vox
Pablo

Last edited:

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
I'm in :)

Something tells me people somehow missed this thread, because I recall you having a thread asking if people were interested, and I think they assumed that was the signup.

Color Me Evil

versus
Awards
I specifically said that it was the general interest thread and that an actual sign up thread would be posted after :<

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
I specifically said that it was the general interest thread and that an actual sign up thread would be posted after :<

Well some people skim, or you know, forget when you put up another thread a week later, the info can be a little convoluted in our memory.

Sean

Ehhhhhh
Awards
glasscaseofemotion.gif

Color Me Evil

versus
Awards
I want it to but I have no idea what the interest level is anymore or what even happened with the first tournament.

D.D.D

Stuffed in a sack and being thrown through a magic
I want it to but I have no idea what the interest level is anymore or what even happened with the first tournament.

I'm still interested. But I think a lot of the other DM'ers have been pretty busy lately. Maybe it's because school started again? But then again, most of you are in college, I think, so IDK.

But yeah, I'm down for it. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back