• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Happy 10 Year Anniversary to XIII

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
It's been awhile I posted anything here. I've been off the map for a long time.

Final Fantasy XIII made 10 years few days ago. It's incredible how the time passed by. Since the announcement back 2006 and it's controversial style upon its released. I often go around youtube and hear the ost. Having fond memories of myself posting questions how to farm against the towering admantoise giants. The linear kind of sucked, but the paradigm shift system was entertaining and fast paced once you've unlocked most of the skill sets.

To me, Lighting stands out as a major protagonist character. She's the Ultimecia of heroism.

Celebrating 10 years of FFXIII, what are your fond memories whether negative or positive?

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I loved Sazh, Lightning, and Snow. I actually liked Hope, too, although that always felt like a very UO. The characters were the highlight of the game. I don't want to go into gameplay, because I would just end up being negative. :p I still have never played the sequel thanks to the DLC being unattainable; do others think the sequel is better or worse than the first game?

Last edited:

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I remember having a anime crush on Lebreau back in the day. Ahhh, back when I was a young lad. Then I was disappointed she was barely in the game. This is not my favorite Final Fantasy, but I do really like Sazh and Snow. Love Fang's accent and despite my dislike of the character I won't deny Lightning got good development that made her better, as I really like her in LR. I think I actually enjoyed Serah more as the protagonist and that's because...I had a anime crush on her as well lol. Good ole young me! I will not bring up gameplay.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Crazy to think this game is already 10yrs old. Wasn’t a fan tbh. The beginning segment just turned me off..

SoulXaldin

Awards
This was my first Final Fantasy, played it when it first came out on the 360...with a hacked save cause 11-year-old me had no idea how to play an RPG. Playing recently however has made me appreciate it more because I really dig the combat and the more character driven story has me intrigued at times. However, I haven’t been able to beat it because the giant difficultly spike I keep encountering after the Barthandelus (is that how you spell it?) fight. Crazy to think it’s been 10 years...

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
I loved Sazh, Lightning, and Snow. I actually liked Hope, too, although that always felt like a very UO. The characters were the highlight of the game. I don't want to go into gameplay, because I would just end up being negative. :p I still have never played the sequel thanks to the DLC being unattainable; do others think the sequel is better or worse than the first game?

I had always thought to myself that XIII was just made for practice since you weren't able progress the characters as much as you want.

Meanwhile, XIII-2 you had the character development freedom and paradigm strategies were up to you. I loved the sequel, never played Lighting Returns.

Veevee

Awards
I played it once, but gave up after a few hours. I didn't get the story - mainly due to how it was presented, I had no idea of the lore (was hoping to get into the Fabula Nova Crystalis through this one) and the foreign words just kept piling up. I felt weirdly disconnected from the characters, I remember Hope being devastated about losing his mom and Vanille was just "oh well! Can't be helped! CHEER UP!" =D which felt strange ... I mean optimism is good and all, but that just felt dumb. It completely lost me when I fought a battle against a .. goddess (I take it that it was a bestia, but it's so long ago) that I tried twice, didn't even get how it was supposed to be fought, won by luck and that beautiful woman turned into a motorcycle. I play a lot of JRPGs so weird stuff happening isn't exactly news for me, but with that game I felt like a non-gamer probably feels upon stumbling into JRPGs. Oh, the gameplay didn't really get me ... overall the game looked promising and was really beautiful, but it made me feel so lost in all regards. I didn't get how to fight efficiently, I didn't really grasp the lore and I felt strangely disconnected from all that happened. Maybe I'll try it again one day, but currently I found an old copy of FFVI and will dive into that when I have time.

Back