• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Hard drive & Mac Laptop

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lolita

Dear You
Okay, so, I''m really sorry if I sound pretty stupid regarding this post. ^^; I'm experienced on working on computers, but very little on about computers in general and all that.

So, my mom asked me a while ago if currently I have any plans for something I want for Christmas and my birthday (since my birthday is 4 days after Christmas), and I told her what I wanted, which was a new external hard drive, and she told me she would get me a Mac laptop as well, because my (well, my dad's) Toshiba Satellite is getting pretty old and has some scratches here and there, and he might need it more often sometime in the future for work.

/my dad would get me an Ipod touch, yes I'm spoiled. =w=

I wanted to know suggestions/opinions on hard drives and on the Mac laptop.

I have very little space on my computer, thanks to how it's not very modern, and how I basically load it with my visual novels/anime/pictures/programs and all.
I wanted to know a good type of hard drive I can get that's not so extremely expensive, and about how much space would what you recommend be. I guess less then around 100 dollars, bit more or less? If they cost a lot more, I'm sorry for not knowing beforehand, and i'd appreciate it for anyone who explains things concerning the costs and how much space would they be. :3 Also, would I have to install it by myself, or would I have to go to a special place to have them install it into my computer?

If it helps a bit, I can't really buy online. ;-; yeah...

Also, i'd like to hear what people who have one or have used a Mac laptop have to say on it. Good things, bad things? o: I'm curious on what people would have to say. There's still awhile until Christmas and my birthday, but I'd like to have some knowledge on things before then.

Thank you so much for anyone who posts, and I am sorry if I sound pretty dumb on this. ^^;

EDIT;;

Apparently, most visual novels won't work on a Mac. ;-; so it's probably a no-go for me. i'm such an otaku.
So, I would really appreciate it if anyone has any recommendations of good computers that can run things like visual novels and all that, well, i guess in other words a normal computer, but a more modern one.
But not too pricey, though. ;-;

Last edited:

Lolita

Dear You
Uh, because it's more modern and it looks like a good type of laptop, but my poor momma doesn't really know anything at all about computers, so I wanted to know what people have to say about them.

And thank you, Sam<3 I like that first one a lot. =w= cheaper and more space ehe. I hope I can find a similar one in stores or something, like in best buy...or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back