• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Harry Potter

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Oh wait what? I didn't even know this was a thing, I don't follow Pottermore or anything. XD

That being said, while it is a bit careless to do something like that, at the same time it's not THAT bad. Exact numbers and tiny details like that never mattered that much to me.

I was just more annoyed that she tried to slip it under the rug instead of just call herself out and publicly retcon something from the books. Like, if you're changing a detail to work better with your story, fine. Don't try to pretend that it never happened, though.

She got McGonogall's age wrong by a large margin. Like, From what I remember, she wouldn't have even been born for another 10-15 years by the time the movie happened, let alone work at Hogwarts. Yeah, it's kind of nitpicky, but the devil's in the details, and Rowling retconning things in the last few years is the reason why Harry Potter just isn't immersive to me anymore. also the cursed child blows

D

Deleted member 246005

I thought they're two good but different views on the series.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
I was just more annoyed that she tried to slip it under the rug instead of just call herself out and publicly retcon something from the books. Like, if you're changing a detail to work better with your story, fine. Don't try to pretend that it never happened, though.

She got McGonogall's age wrong by a large margin. Like, From what I remember, she wouldn't have even been born for another 10-15 years by the time the movie happened, let alone work at Hogwarts. Yeah, it's kind of nitpicky, but the devil's in the details, and Rowling retconning things in the last few years is the reason why Harry Potter just isn't immersive to me anymore. also the cursed child blows
You want Harry Potter to be immersive? Do what I do and only consider the seven novels + Quidditch Through the Ages + Fantastic Beasts (book) + Tales of Beedle the Bard as canon. Lol.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I don't have a problem considering the Pottermore background info (which to me would be part of the Encyclopedia she talked about doing at some point) and the Fantastic Beasts films canon. But then I've enjoyed the FB films, personally, although I think I'd enjoy book versions better because I've read there is a great deal of executive meddling to cut this and that. Newt Scamander is an adorable character, imo.

davidgroooms

Awards
I love the whole series of films and books! I am ready to re-read books even more often than watch films)

D

Deleted member 246005

The second one was a disappointment so I'm hoping this picks up the slack.

Back