• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Has anyone noticed......

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
That Kingdom Hearts is very similar to Star Wars.
Story wise-KHI and Starwars episodes I-III
Riku is turned evil by Xehanort
Anakin is turned to the Dark Side by Palpatine/Emperor
Riku takes Kairi to a different world [I think, memory is kind of hazy]
At the end of Episode III Anakin takes Padme to Mustafar.
Sides
Light and Dark
Galactic Empire and Rebellion/ Jedi and Sith the list goes on..
Powers
Light and Darkness
Force and Dark Side force [E.g Electricity.]
Locations
Worlds
Planets

What do you think?
I do apologise if a thread of this was already made.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
Only in sense that both use story telling conventions that have been done a thousand times before and will be done a thousand times again. A good guy going evil isn't that strange (from the point of view of a person well-versed in these conventions), neither is them trying to take a loved one and Light vs Darkness is what a lot of things boil down to.

Also: Final Fantasy IV. Golbez turns Kain evil. Kain kidnaps Rosa. Game is only trumped in the amount of times Light and Darkness are mentioned by KH itself. Even Golbez could be seen as a paralel to Terra in this regard, as both are characters that were originally good, but had darkness in them and were eventually corrupted by the true villain. Terra through body snatch, Golbez through some sort of mind control.

People have drawn parallels between FFIV and Star Wars as well.

Last edited:

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
It's not so much similarities between Kingdom Hearts and Star Wars as it is the widespread tropes used across many different fictional universes.

Neptun

oh, and then there are numbers of parallels between Sephiroth from Final Fantasy 7 and the Ansem we see in Kingdom Hearts.
White Haired Bishonen guy drowns in stuff, that would normally kill people. Yet, the mentioned guy is badass enough for that stuff to make him stronger instead (mako and darkness). Afterwards, he tries to ascend into godhood by absorbing the source of life itself (Lifestream and Kingdom Hearts) by attacking the world(s) (Heartless and Meteor).

but to be fair, there are a number of Star Wars references. Ansem's double sided Soul Eater and Xemnas's etheral blades stick out the most in my opinion.

Last edited:

ChaoticWolf777

Because it was said that Nomura has a thing for blue eyed protaganists and silver hair bad guys. i cant remember where though

and if you think about it alot of stories dealing with light and dark somehow relate to star wars.

cause star wars is like, the ultimate light vs dark fighting best friend/father archetype ya know?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Lol I think many of us have noticed the tropes used in this game. Lol I think it should also be noted that Nomura is a big fan of SW and ST. He did request that Mark Hamill and Leonard Nimoy voice in BBS. :/ I even joke that BBS is a homage to SW, except there is nobody losing an arm.

Despite all of that, it is like Orion said. They are just similar tropes used across different fictional universes. I could make a perfect comparison to any fantasy.science fiction series just as easily as you can with SW.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
Lol I think many of us have noticed the tropes used in this game. Lol I think it should also be noted that Nomura is a big fan of SW and ST. He did request that Mark Hamill and Leonard Nimoy voice in BBS. :/ I even joke that BBS is a homage to SW, except there is nobody losing an arm.

Despite all of that, it is like Orion said. They are just similar tropes used across different fictional universes. I could make a perfect comparison to any fantasy.science fiction series just as easily as you can with SW.

Someone lost an eye though. :3

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
Eye? Arm? Terra lost his whole body. :3 Top that~

No way to do so.

I got another one btw: Mentor/father figure offed by villain during the actual events of the game. xD (Why did I laugh, that part wasn't funny. ;~; In either work)

Last edited:

axel95

Awards
KH and SW are alike???????????? REALLY?????????????????????????????? It's not like we've seen 50 threads about this same topic already. Honestly, you don't have to be all that smart to realize that there are some similarities between the two of them.

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
i forget what issue, but theyve done this comparison in GameInformer already. It was like 2 or 3 months before BBS came out.

Yeah I remember that.
They are kind of similar. I noticed even before that article was made. I always thought of Aqua as more like Padme as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back