• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Hayden Panettiere wasn’t even asked to come back

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
And that is important exactly how?

I don't get why some people have to make such a fuss about that.

Especially in the case of Hayden, who either had some other duties to attend or health problems in the last few years and did not return to voicing the character consistently at all.

Naminé changed her voice actor too, as do many of the Disney characters and some of the Final Fantasy cameos, it's neither a new thing nor any sort of catastrophe.

Alja

I mean there's a difference between being replaced after the first installment (like Naminé) and actually doing the voice work for most of your character's appearances. There have been exactly two instances where Alyson Stoner had to take over for Hayden: In the Days movie (although I don't even remember Kairi having some speaking role so it's probably just a little) and again for 0.2 where Hayden was missing because of health problems. On the other hand, Hayden took over Xion's lines in BBS and DDD. They both give and take.

Hayden was the original voice actress of Kairi who returned several times and as such it is indeed weird and news worthy that neither Disney nor Square Enix thought to even ask her. I mean I'm not talking about conflicting schedules, not being able to negotiate her salary or her missing because of her health, they just outright didn't even ask her and that is quite unusual when you've been with a character for a long time. Especially since it's more than likely that Kairi's lines exceed Xion's in KH3 and if anything it would be logical to ask Hayden first if she is available to do voice work for Kairi (and cover for Xion in case they didn't want to hire both) and then Alyson.

Ranma

Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
I honestly only thought she really fit the role like a glove in the original game. And even that is mostly nostalgia. I understand the concern of a lack of consistency, but it is exactly because of this lack that this isn't a huge deal despite Kairi being a "main character".

I'd be confused and upset if this were, say, Jesse McCartney who has been Roxas an Ventus consistently for years.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I mean there's a difference between being replaced after the first installment (like Naminé) and actually doing the voice work for most of your character's appearances. There have been exactly two instances where Alyson Stoner had to take over for Hayden: In the Days movie (although I don't even remember Kairi having some speaking role so it's probably just a little) and again for 0.2 where Hayden was missing because of health problems. On the other hand, Hayden took over Xion's lines in BBS and DDD. They both give and take.

Hayden was the original voice actress of Kairi who returned several times and as such it is indeed weird and news worthy that neither Disney nor Square Enix thought to even ask her. I mean I'm not talking about conflicting schedules, not being able to negotiate her salary or her missing because of her health, they just outright didn't even ask her and that is quite unusual when you've been with a character for a long time. Especially since it's more than likely that Kairi's lines exceed Xion's in KH3 and if anything it would be logical to ask Hayden first if she is available to do voice work for Kairi (and cover for Xion in case they didn't want to hire both) and then Alyson.

Pretty sure Alyson did Kairi in Re: Chain of Memories as well which was her first time in general.

Alja

You're right, I did forget Chain of memories! Slips my mind because of the extensive lines Kairi gets *sighs*

See, that is another factor there. It is unfortunate that Kairi is somewhat badly treated by the franchise itself and it's somewhat ironic that not asking Hayden seems to support that impression. I'm not trying to say that they really don't care or anything! It's just an overall (and possibly highly subjective) feeling.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
You know I want to know, if you were writers and directors, would you reall force Kairi into everything ot just bother Haden on her live?

Because this needs to end, this 'Kairi's being badly treated', or 'it's diservice to her that Hayden wasn't asked to come back', stop, you're making Kairi even worse by acting like she needs everything.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
There a reason it Alyson and not Hayden look kairi Hair and remember what kairi said in the message at the concert of how she reminds lea of someone they needed Alyson to kairi voice because there going of seeming xion in kairi and needs one person to do it

Pokie

Hayden has been going through some depression issues, so they might of felt like it would be best to not try and put too much work and stress on her and let her recover.

There a reason it Alyson and not Hayden look kairi Hair and remember what kairi said in the message at the concert of how she reminds lea of someone they needed Alyson to kairi voice because there going of seeming xion in kairi and needs one person to do it

Not sure on most of what was said here but Its how Kairi looks is what made Lea recall Xion also Hayden has voiced Xion briefly before as well

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Not sure on most of what was said here but Its how Kairi looks is what made Lea recall Xion also Hayden has voiced Xion briefly before as well
i know that but they needed alyson to do it since she does it better i know it sucks but it not the end of the world

Alja

You know I want to know, if you were writers and directors, would you reall force Kairi into everything ot just bother Haden on her live?

Because this needs to end, this 'Kairi's being badly treated', or 'it's diservice to her that Hayden wasn't asked to come back', stop, you're making Kairi even worse by acting like she needs everything.
There's a difference between shoving somebody everywhere in and perpetually sidelining her. I also don't see how offering Hayden a role she has played several times is supposed to bother her? It's a job offer. People in this business can be asked to reprise their role and if she can't, won't or thinks that the payment is too low, she can decline. Nobody forces her to do anything.

Neither am I acting like Kairi needs everything? I am wishing for proper development of her, something Sora, Riku and both of her clones and Axel/Lea easily got, some of them several times over. And I was wishing for Hayden to reprise her role because she was the original voice actor, came back before and as such I expected them to ask her. She doesn't seem opposed to the idea of reprising the role either, judging by her reaction to that tweet.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Naminé changed her voice actor too, as do many of the Disney characters and some of the Final Fantasy cameos, it's neither a new thing nor any sort of catastrophe.

That's such an apples and oranges comment, Namine's first voice actor just voiced her for Kingdom Hearts II. Hayden's been consistently voicing her and objectively provides a better performance of Kairi than Alyson (no offense to her).

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
There's a difference between shoving somebody everywhere in and perpetually sidelining her. I also don't see how offering Hayden a role she has played several times is supposed to bother her? It's a job offer. People in this business can be asked to reprise their role and if she can't, won't or thinks that the payment is too low, she can decline. Nobody forces her to do anything.

Neither am I acting like Kairi needs everything? I am wishing for proper development of her, something Sora, Riku and both of her clones and Axel/Lea easily got, some of them several times over. And I was wishing for Hayden to reprise her role because she was the original voice actor, came back before and as such I expected them to ask her. She doesn't seem opposed to the idea of reprising the role either, judging by her reaction to that tweet.

Or maybe she really can't talk about it or I don't know, leave her be. It was dumb to bother her knowing full well she's been through depression, family, Nashville

I like Kairi too, but you need to get you head out the clouds

Alja

Or maybe she really can't talk about it or I don't know, leave her be. It was dumb to bother her knowing full well she's been through depression, family, Nashville

I like Kairi too, but you need to get you head out the clouds
I didn't bother her, I didn't even make this topic. Somebody asked her nicely and she replied. Nobody hounded up on her and nobody has their heads in the clouds, so please stop assuming things that aren't true.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I didn't bother her, I didn't even make this topic. Somebody asked her nicely and she replied. Nobody hounded up on her and nobody has their heads in the clouds, so please stop assuming things that aren't true.

You're the one thinking it's a disservice to Kairi just because Hayden wasn't returning, if we saw nothing of Kairi, I may believe you, but we have a trailer, showing her and Lea, she might not be voiced by Hayden, but she's there,

I might said that harshly, but you are like everyone acting like Kairi this badly treated character, but put your feet in the writer's shoes without a big ego

What would you do different without thinking you are better than them.

For all we know, they respect her wishes and won't bother her, or is they want to have Alyson Stoner since she's more availability than Hayden and what, when Alyson confirms she's Kairi, what then. continue this disservice farce?

Cakeberry

You need to chill out. This VA thing isn't the only thing that makes people say Kairi isn't treated well in the story, which she isn't. Just because you disagree doesn't mean you need to be aggressive with others about it.

Alja

You're the one thinking it's a disservice to Kairi just because Hayden wasn't returning,
No, I didn't. I said not even asking (NOT hiring!) her original voice actor supports the impression that the franchise treats Kairi as less important/unimportant. Furthermore I even specified that this is my personal feeling and has by no means argumentative basis.

if we saw nothing of Kairi, I may believe you, but we have a trailer, showing her and Lea, she might not be voiced by Hayden, but she's there,
I am thrilled that she might be finally getting some limelight, but that doesn't change the fact that up until now, she has been neglected.

I might said that harshly, but you are like everyone acting like Kairi this badly treated character, but put your feet in the writer's shoes without a big ego

What would you do different without thinking you are better than them.
I don't have a big ego thank you very much. And I am not acting like she is badly treated, she is treated badly. KH1 she spends mostly comatose and then steps back because Sora wants her safe. KH2 she spends not remembering Sora, then gets kidnapped for him, gets to kill a few heartless before being forced out of the Final battle even though she held her own against before mentioned heartless. CoM and Days she spends home because they overlap with KH1 and KH2. DDD she spends home even though she is a Keyblade wielder and could have used that time to train. She doesn't even appear in Coded.
How is that good treatment when Riku gets three redemption arcs, Axel gets to transform from villain to highly valued ally and Keyblade wielder and both Naminé and Xion have one game each that ultimately focuses on them with them as active parties?

For all we know, they respect her wishes and won't bother her, or is they want to have Alyson Stoner since she's more availability than Hayden
Hayden could have replied "No I am not reprising my role". She could have waited for the trailer to drop so that Alyson isn't outed before it. Instead, she answered that nobody asked her. That indicates that from her side, there were no wishes to respect.

and what, when Alyson confirms she's Kairi, what then. continue this disservice farce?
Nothing. I still would like to know why Square chose to do that, but other than you might anticipate, I won't throw a tantrum or harass Alyson or what not. I simply wonder why because it is such an unusual thing to happen in this series for the original characters and personally wish this would have been handled differently.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards

Especially in the case of Hayden, who either had some other duties to attend or health problems in the last few years and did not return to voicing the character consistently at all.

What an annoyingly rude and snarky reply!

Lots of people hold their memories of the first two games very dearly. Hayden was a big part of those games, and by extension, Kairi.

Awards

You know, some people have this thing called a “personal opinion”. You should look up the meaning of it before saying something that rude next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back