• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

HD Remasters Development

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dale

Ok after that Issue of Famitsu we know they're highly considering HD remasters of previous games, what i'd like to know is how long it will take for them to do and which games they would include obviously KH1 KH2 but im wondering about Re:com as well.

Key to Truth

Awards
It'd probably take them around 4-6 months to make it and it would include KH1, Re:Com, KH2 and BBS.
However, I don't know if it's even worthy in my opinion unless they do a super improvement to the games like reprogramming the whole camera system for KH1 or things like that.

Love Machine

strut strut strut
^ What Key said.

The camera does need much improvement if they are going to remaster the games, I agree.

Dale

Heh not as long as i thought ^_^ hmm they shud really do this now i'd reckon it'd be an amazing thing if they did! haha and the most it'd be is about £40 looking at god of war collection. And i agree bout the Camera and all the Final Mix content as well, heck they can even throw in 358/ 2 days with the birth by sleep command gameplay to if they can! But... seeing as that game was highly unpopular amongst most fans that wont happen but you never know Nomura (laughs) What are you planning you tenacious B*****d >.<

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Another "super"-improvement at least for the oversea-areas would be adding the Final Mix-stuff though...it would be the ideal opportunity to do this.
And for the japanese...I don't know if they would really buy the normal remastered version if they have the old FM-version standing on their shelf at home.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
BBS won't be included lol As far as we know anyway

Probably around 6-8 months. For example, the MGS collection was announced at E3, and is being released in November. It probably was in development before that. The games are established already so no real additions need to be added. And they aren't reporgramming anything, just remastering they are taking games already made and making them better. We'll probably have to deal with the KH1 cam.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Another "super"-improvement at least for the oversea-areas would be adding the Final Mix-stuff though...it would be the ideal opportunity to do this.
And for the japanese...I don't know if they would really buy the normal remastered version if they have the old FM-version standing on their shelf at home.

Well, modern ps3's can't play ps2 games.

Dale

Probably around 6-8 months. For example, the MGS collection was announced at E3, and is being released in November. It probably was in development before that. The games are established already so no real additions need to be added. And they aren't reporgramming anything, just remastering they are taking games already made and making them better. We'll probably have to deal with the KH1 cam.

Wasnt there that PSP remaster program thing and Birth By Sleep was a candidate?

Dale

Silverslide

yeah but i doubt they would include BBS with the other three since one, it would be p expensive, two, that seems like something that would be seperate. Again, I could be wrong.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
yeah but i doubt they would include BBS with the other three since one, it would be p expensive, two, that seems like something that would be seperate. Again, I could be wrong.

MGS: PW is going into the MGS HD Remaster. I don't see why BBS wouldn't at least be in the running for being in the collection.

I know.

But it'll get some new players who missed out the first time.

True, I guess~

Dale

Whats the chances of them doing all the games released so far on the remasters disc? like:
Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep
Kingdom Hearts
Kingdom Hearts 358 / 2 Days
Kingdom Hearts Re chain of Memories
Kingdom Hearts 2
Kingdom Hearts Recoded
all of these included on a bluray disc

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
If a KH-remastered edition would include KH1 FM, Re:CoM, KH2 FM and BBS FM it would be a must buy for me, lol.

I don't know exactly about the MGS edition, but don't this series also already have 4 entries + one PSP title?

@Dale:

358/2 Days and Re:Coded are extremely unlikely because they were developed for Nintendo platforms...it would cost much more to bring them up on the quality of the others.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
For days and coded I'd just include remasterd cutscenes.

Dale

Yeah i Guess that could work, I mean it doesnt seem like a bad idea to me. Like for the fans that couldnt buy a DS or PSP that missed those games thats where they could catch fans up.

Silverslide

MGS: PW is going into the MGS HD Remaster. I don't see why BBS wouldn't at least be in the running for being in the collection.

thats not really the same since that remaster is multiconsole and isn't directly tied with the sony remaster brand. Besides thats still 3 games, not 4 which wouldn't be in the consumers best interest.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
thats not really the same since that remaster is multiconsole and isn't directly tied with the sony remaster brand. Besides thats still 3 games, not 4 which wouldn't be in the consumers best interest.

Okay that makes sense :3 I didn't know it wasn't a part of the Remasters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back