• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Heat rash problem. ><

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
This is embarrassing but I really need to figure out a better way to deal with this.

Back in college, I used to get what I called "Bike Seat Rash" which I think was pretty severe heat rash; I did ride a bike a lot. (You can guess WHERE; if you can't guess, let's just say somewhere that'd be really ...painful... pedaling a bike.) I'd get help from the nurse every time.

I'm having trouble with getting that rash again, been trying to keep it powdered and dry but right now it's still there. And it hurts. Should I do something like get (No snickering, guys) Lady Anti Monkey Butt powder or something like that to prevent the painful rash? I was thinking about getting some calamine lotion or something for now though. But if anyone here has another remedy, thank you...

I think I just have sensititive skin or something..

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
Couldn't personally give you advice here. I do have sensitive skin, but I have medication for that. Is there perhaps a dermatologist you could go to?

Kounelli

Awards
Check the types of soap you are using, antiperspirants, powders etc. and see if you are allergic to anything or if switching them to a more gentler brand stops the problem. Then, check the fabric of underwear and see if you need underwear that lets you breath more (like cotton or something). Finally, go see a dermatologist to make sure it is not a symptom of something else.

I have eczema between my thighs and around the backside so I know this can suck.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
I'll check on the soap and as it is, if you didn't know, I'm Mormon, and yes I wear the special underwear. I usually go for cotton-poly, if I keep having this problem I'll see if there's any that's full cotton. (Georgia is VERY hot and humid; if you don't wear cotton underwear or underwear that's a cotton blend around here you will be very sorry.)

And I'll think about a dermatologist if it doesn't go away and stay away. Would be a pain considering my insurance, but this has gone on long enough!

Kounelli

Awards
Oh that's cool, I work with many people of the Mormon faith so understand some of the way it is structured. ^^

Yeah sweat can be a problem too, check what you are eating and see if maybe a diet change (or adding something to it) will make your sweat less irritating.

Laeril

Awards
Hmm. Considering your rash is in such a sensitive area already, you'll have to be extra careful about what you put on it. If it were me, I'd just go for the dermatologist visit. They have the expertise to help, and if it means parting with more than a little money in order to be comfortable, I'd rather be comfortable than rich.

If you need temporary relief in the meantime, you could always try one of those oatmeal baths they sell for kids with chicken pox. And don't feel afraid to talk to your local pharmacist about it, either. They'll have advice for temporary relief, as well as the answers to any questions about side effects to whatever medications the dermatologist puts you on. Yeah, it's a more than a bit embarrassing talking to it to a stranger, but trust me, as the daughter of a pharmacist, they are not gonna judge you based on where you have a rash.

Also, hello fellow Mormon!

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
I'll think about it, but I'm also thinking about getting some Lady Anti-Monkey Butt powder. Despite the *snicker*, *snicker* of a name, it does have calamine in it. Hopefully that'll stop it. (I know they use calamine lotion for chickenpox and poison ivy, so hopefully it'll help my embarrassing rash problem.)

Lucky for me, it wasn't infected with yeast this time (that's how bad it got in college, so I had to get some anti-fungal cream from the school nurse; West GA College was really nice about treating students and health care was included in tuition) so it seems to be clearing up. If it gets any worse though, I'm finding a dermatologist. This is getting really really old and needs to go away for good instead of come back on me if I don't look out.

And Laeril *offers a high five* Nice to find a fellow Mormon around here! Didn't know if you knew my Grandma Clay (my grandma on the mom's side lived in Fruit Heights and had a cherry farm) but it's just a small world, ain't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back