• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Heavenly Sword: The Beginning

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
About a year or two ago, I wrote a trilogy of fanfics called Heavenly Sword. However, my writing style was a bit noobish back then so I am going to edit them, but in the mean time I have written this prologue detailing the birth of evil and the Fall of Lucifer. (Yeah if you've never heard of my Heavenly Sword fanfics, they're Christian based. And so is this. :wink:)

HSbk0.jpg

“He who receives honor and glory shall feel content with his being. But, he who takes his glory and would trade it for spite shall find himself fall…”

Light. Glorious, everlasting light shimmered brilliantly upon the green fields. The birds, angels in their own right, flew gracefully overhead. A soft breeze brought a warm, thrilling sensation upon those in its path and gently swayed over the prairies. And above all, ecstasy. An unending sense of bliss and delight that seemed to be a presence in the air itself. This is The Heavens. The dwelling place of the angels; The home of the Almighty, Angel of the Lord, and the Spirit of the Lord. Known throughout the cosmos as the Trinity. The sacred mountains and the altar of the Angel of the Lord reside here; The eternal jewels of Creation and the Creator. Up above, The glorious throne of God lay afloat, a tower crafted of gold and diamond erected upon a floating piece of the land. Like a golden cradle, the entire structure seemed to curve inwards, merging with the seat of the Creator.

The great throne was shaped to appear as though it were the very symbol of God Himself; the outermost section stretched far beyond the island and curved upwards, looking like eagle’s wings. At the very center of the throne, perched upon the top of the seat, lay a cross crafted of the purest diamond, dazzling in the radiance. Below the throne, a circle of the purest light lay; an altar of the Almighty. The great feeling of ecstasy was at its greatest here, for this was where God Himself dwelled amongst Heaven. His holy presence lingered in the air like the thickest fog.

Michael stood silently in the radiant fields, basking in the glow of the heavens. His glossy silver hair flopped in the wind. His cloudy white wings stretched out firmly, the tips of each individual feather swaying slightly in the breeze. A long blue robe covered his body, overlapped by golden plate armor that glistened with a pristine shine. A royal circlet lay across his forehead, a small blue gem resting in the front, symbolizing his great rank as one of the Archangels; the trusted advisors of God Himself. His broad, razor-sharp blade lay sheathed with only the leather wrapped hilt exposed.

Beside him, his brother and fellow Archangel, Gabriel, stood with him in the fields. His hair was a healthy shade of oak brown that complemented his face perfectly. His wings were a striking shade of golden bronze. His robe was a bright red color and his armor was golden bronze to match his wings. He too wore a circlet around his forehead, although the gem within his was a luminous crimson color. His weapon, a dazzling silver axe, lay strapped upon his back.

From up above, a fellow angel swept down upon the grass. Hamel, another of the Archangels, joined his brothers on the ground. His wings were an unsoiled chrome color and glistened in the light. He wore a green robe, as richly colored as the grass at his feet, covered by his armor which was the same chrome color as his wings, just as Gabriel’s wings matched his armor. His weapon, a lance crafted of the strongest metal and shaped like a dragon’s tail, rested across his back.

“Greetings, brothers.” Hamel said, nodding to the two.

“Good tidings, brother.” Gabriel replied.

“Hello, Hamel. What brings you here?” said Michael.

“Michael! Gabriel! You must come quickly! Lucifer has committed blasphemy! ”

“What do you mean?” Michael asked.

“Lucifer is standing upon the altar! He is declaring treasonous statements!”

Michael and Gabriel replied by extending their glorious wings outward, exposing them to the everlasting breeze. Lifting themselves into the air, they soared high above towards the great throne of the Almighty.

***​

Far above the other angels, a lone member of the Heavenly Host stood upon the great altar, a face not of glory, but of anger was painted upon him. This was Lucifer, the greatest of the Archangels and God’s most beautiful creation amongst the Heavens. A glorious purple robe covered his masculine figure. Golden armor covered his chest, wrists, and ankles. He held no weapons upon his person. His circlet was forged with a diamond embedded within it. An aura of light seemed to surround him. He was truly awe inspiring. But, today, something else was with his presence. No longer was his heart filled with everlasting bliss, but now rage and envy coated his soul like a grimy muck. Lucifer was jealous of God. Since the moment of his birth, Lucifer had been honored; seen as the lieutenant of God. Lucifer had been given glory and praise for his status as the highest of the Archangels.

And yet it was not enough.

Lucifer had become overconfident and arrogant of himself. He wallowed too well in his brothers’ praise of himself and had become accustomed to it. His soul had been planted with the seed of evil from the beginning. He had thought of himself as more than he was and now as he realized what he truly was, he refused the truth. He was jealous of the praise and glory that God received. He wanted it for himself and when he had been denied of that which belonged to God and only to God, he had responded in anger and wrath. And now he stood here, upon the altar of God, declaring his defiance of Him.

“Lucifer!”
“What are you doing?”

“Lucifer enough of this! Remove yourself from the altar!”

“This is treasonous!”

All the angels who gathered around to witness his rebellious act cried out for him to stop, but he ignored their pleas. He would stand here until he got what he wanted or until he had to ward off all of Heaven to declare himself worthy of God’s praise.

Suddenly, Michael, Gabriel, and Hamel arrived to see Lucifer’s great betrayal. Gabriel was the first to cry out.

“Lucifer what have you done?”

The rebel turned around to face his fellow Archangels. Upon his face laid the first signs of evil and it was an expression that none of them would forget.

“Brother have you lost your mind?” Michael asked.

At last, Lucifer replied.

“I have been denied the glory that I rightfully deserve!”

“Brother, what more could you ask for? You are the highest among us all. You are the right hand of the Almighty!”

“I want his praise! Am I not glorious enough that I do not deserve praise equal to that of the Creator?”

“No you do not! You not deserve that which is rightfully His!”

“Explain to me then, Michael! Why do I not deserve the glory of God?”

“Because, it is through His divine love and grace that you and the rest of us stand here Lucifer! It is because of Him that we exist! He created us! You were created by Him! Without Him, you would be nothing. That is why Lucifer. Because you are no more deserving of it than any of us are.”

“I refuse to believe that. I will not stand by while I am violated of my right to be worshiped! Why does it make a difference? The fact that I am created by His hand does not escape my mind. But, just because He created me does not mean I don’t deserve what He has!”

“You are a fool! Of course it does! He has done everything to deserve the glory that He has and you have done nothing to deserve it! Now, enough of this traitorous talk! Remove yourself from the altar!”

A fire began to burn in the pupils of Lucifer’s eyes, a window to the darkness forming in his soul.

The other Archangels, Raphael, Uriel, Sentiel, Jehovah, Barachiel, and Azrul had heard the commotion and had made their way to the altar.

“How dare you command me? Do not trifle with me brother! You know not what fire burns in my soul!”

All became silent. Every being present could feel the coming of the Lord upon them. It began as a simple glimmer from the diamond cross upon the throne, a tiny gleam no different than the rest of them, but soon it grew and became brighter until it glowed with a power more radiant than any sun in God’s great universe. The silhouette of a grand figure appeared within the great light. And as the brilliance of the light faded, the image of God became present to all of them. He stood proudly upon His altar, His chin raised high and His chest flexed with the strength of all creation. His robe, like Lucifer’s, was a grand purple, but a golden ribbon covered His torso vertically and draped down to his feet. His skin was a deep blue and leaked power liked lightning. His eyes burned with holy fury and a power greater than any other emitted from His being. In His hand, a magnificent scepter forged of His might shimmered parallel to the power of His skin.
And then He spoke, His voice shaking the mountains.

“Lucifer! Remove yourself at once! Your words of envy and pride grieve your Maker and you stand in contempt of the Almighty!”

“You know that I seek nothing more than the glory that is my due! Why do you deny me that which my right to obtain?”

Lucifer gestured to all the host of Heaven.

“Let them decide if I am worthy of worship! Am I not worthy of glory in their eyes?”

A great pain ran deep through God’s eyes. For Michael, to see his Father in such pain, he wanted to weep for Him. He wanted desperately to lash out at Lucifer, to make him pay for speaking out so venomously against Him.

“We have heard your words Lucifer. How is it that you do not understand that you were created to serve unto Me?”

Lucifer snarled.

“Do you think of me as nothing more than the dirt beneath your feet? All creation is born to serve, but if I am a prince of Heaven is it not my calling to rule?”

“Your calling is the same, Lucifer, as all the Host. Even the dirt, the dust, and the air will one day make the same decision that faces you now! I command you, this day, to choose whom you will serve!”

Lucifer’s face twisted in rage. An essence of something that had never been felt before, surrounded the rebel. It was an essence not of God. This was the birth of evil itself. It wrapped around him, and in mere seconds the beautiful creation of God was transformed into a monster. His golden hair blackened and decayed. His warm toned skin went sickly pale and cold. His luminous blue eyes became black abysses, filled with red pupils, burning with hatred. His wings grayed and his feathers began to shed from his wings, dying away. His robe wrapped around his body until a black cloak surrounded him, overlapped by dark, metallic armor.

“You command me? You can command be no longer, Creator! I make my choice and I choose to serve myself. I will ascend beyond Heaven and create my paradise there. I will raise my throne above the stars of The Almighty! The angels will bow before me! No longer will they bow before the one most high for I will be their new Almighty!”

Lucifer flapped his darkened wings, rising above the altar. In a bloodcurdling cry of hatred, a sword appeared in his hands, sharpened to a deadly tip. And, in a moment of the utmost horror, Lucifer threw his blade down at God. The Great Spirit raised his arms up and formed a circle of divine power. The sword repelled off of it and struck the ground. It disappeared as soon as it struck and replaced itself in Lucifer’s iron grip.

“And so your blasphemy has been committed. Now the war must begin.”

“War?” Hamel asked.

“What have you done, Lucifer? What have you become?” Michael asked.

“Fear not, Michael. No longer will he pollute our lands with his treason. HEAR MY WORDS! No longer will your name be Lucifer! No more shall you be among Myself and the Host! No longer will you dwell amongst the princes of Heaven! You shall be cast down into the deepest shadows of the deepest pit! You will long to see the dawn once more, but the light does not shine where you shall be cast! You shall be among us NO MORE!"

Michael thought surely that with such a threat, Lucifer would surrender and atone for his rebellious acts. But he only smiled.

“Words and more words. However, you speak the truth! No more will I dwell amongst you! By my own hands, I will leave your presence! The host of the new Heaven shall follow me!”

Lucifer turned around facing the horrified and weeping angels.

“Who of you shall follow me? The time has come for us to become more than a pawn to that which refuses to lift us up! Now rise! My will WILL be done!”

Surely, Michael thought, none of them could be so foolish as to follow his evil. But, he fell to his knees as he saw thousands of them leave the ground and join him in the air. Instantly, the corruption spread to all of them as well. All their glorious features were decayed and darkened. Their eyes became black as his had, the same burning red in their eyes.

Lucifer’s sword transformed into a scepter to match that of the Almighty. It radiated an energy that was the exact opposite of everything the holy trinity was composed of. Love, grace, glory, and mercy were replaced by hatred, malice, shame, and cruelty.

God lifted His arms and a blinding flash of light erupted from Him. As it faded away, the Host of Heaven was covered in holy armor. Michaels’s sword was now adorned with wings upon the hilt, the blade glowing with a fierce blue flame. His wings were covered in a sapphire aura. His robe was gone, replaced by armor. He now wore full golden plate armor on his chest, wrists, ankles, and shoulders, which were outlined in blue. The rest of his body was covered with dark blue mail armor. A radiant red scarf covered his neck and ran down the side of his body. Hi head was covered in the chain mail as well, exempt for his face and hair.

All who had chosen God rallied behind Him. Those who had believed Lucifer’s great lie flew above with him.

God spoke once more to Lucifer.

“Listen here and listen well! From hence forth you shall be known by the name Satan. You shall be called upon as the Lord of Darkness, the Deceiver, creator of sin amongst the hearts of creation, the Devil!”

“Your words affect me no more, spirit! Now the true reckoning shall begin!”

Both God and Satan began to transform at once. It began as both of them glowing; God with a white light, like a beacon of hope and Satan with a black shadow, like an abyss of death.

The energies they emitted consumed their image and grew. Glorious, eagle wings sprouted from the light. Claws attached to the paws of lions hands broke free. Then, the massive light exploded, revealing God’s form when bathed in His own true power. He had take the form of a lion with a mane the color of the oak brown bark upon the trees. His fur was a crisp, golden cream color, a ray of light reflecting from it. Armor of the purest gold covered His upper body, from his waist to His neck. His eyes burned with an intense sapphire blue color, emitting bolts of divine power. His wings were coated in an aura of white light that shimmered like thousands of tiny diamonds. He was a massive creature at least 50 ft tall, towering above all of them. He raised His head to the sky and let out a battle roar, so powerful that the very foundation of existence threatened to give way all around them.

From the evil shadow however, a horrifying monster, the manifestation of evil itself, emerged. Charred, horned, wings draped eerily from the murky shadows. The black evil began to fade into the air like smoke, unwrapping the beast like a sickly cocoon. He stretched his fierce claws outwards, revealing his new, horrible, form. He sat there, levitating in the air with his massive dragon wings. He was now built at a height to match the lion, easily reaching 50 ft tall as well. His skin was now a black and red color, like that of a fresh scab. It didn’t rest upon him like ordinary skin. It appeared to be grime smeared over his real skin. It was scaly, spiked, rugged, and burned. His tail swung back and forth, a deadly thorn resting at the tip, like a whip of death. His upper body seemed to mount upon itself in layers of what looked like charred rock or barnacles. His head was massive. It expanded outwards from every angle coming to a deadly point at every end. His eyes were simple holes that spewed blood and magma. His mouth held layer upon layer of dagger like fangs. His mouth was an abyss of fire, as if staring down the top of an active volcano. At the sides of his mouth two deadly horns curved outwards, curved away from his face. To the sides of each of his eyes, his face stretched out and curved down into two more horns that pointed towards his face. And finally, above each of his eyes, large spiked structures, like deformed spines, stretched out from his face and the curved upwards. Two horns burst out the top of each, one pointing up, the other pointing down. He inhaled a massive breath, the red aura around him being pulled inside, and let out a bloodcurdling, bone-crushing, and soul-frightening roar that brought all of the Heavenly Host to its knees. Even God Himself shuddered at the evil cry. Satan turned to his armies.

“STRIKE THEM DOWN!” he cried out.

Instantly, the dark angels charged, dark power coursing through them. Satan and God took to the skies, an inevitable battle about to being. The Host followed Him into the air, but stopped as the armies of good and evil collided suddenly.

Up above, the lion and demon were silent, levitating in the air. Simultaneously, the two deities whipped both hands out which were instantly filled with their own unique powers. Then in the blink of an eye, they clashed, a mighty explosion of power erupting as the pure essence of good and evil fought reacted against the other. The two clawed and scraped at the other, blood and sparks raining down upon the armies and the claws collided with each other and scraped the flesh off the other. God dug His claws into Satan and flipped him back through the air, tossing him back and away. Satan stopped himself with his wings and snapped them back with a great rush, propelling himself back. He collided with God headfirst, the sharp, rough, scaly skin scraping upon His face. He cried in pain as the skin broke upon His face, thorns and blood splattered upon Him. Satan whipped his evil tail up and struck God a vicious blow with the massive spike at the end of tail. God was thrown back, but He quickly recovered and steadied Himself in the air, unaffected and unscathed. He let out a cry of fury and dashed forward too fast to be possible. He crashed into Satan a dug His claws into the best once again. He opened His mouth wide and bit deeply into the vile flesh of the demon. Satan let out a cry of horrifying pain. Blood dripped from him like red rain, pouring down upon the angels. God released His grip and smashed the demon high into the air then flew up to meet him, striking him down with extreme fury.

Satan came crashing down with blazing speed, engulfed in a fireball. The angels below him flew out of the way as he passed right through the cloud of angel armies. When he collided with the ground, it erupted like a volcanic blast sending fire and smoke into the air. A terrifying cry spilt the air as the demon rushed through the tower of smoke, seemingly unaffected by the fiery impact. Satan clashed again with God, but the force of his charge was too great and he flew past Him. After he came to a stop behind God, he did not move. He began to fuel the black energy in his fists, making them grow larger and more powerful by the second. He collided the two making one giant orb of evil power. God did the same, a massive bomb of holy light in His paws. The two tossed the great orbs of power at the other, each energy colliding with the other. They began to fuse with the other, crackling and resonating as the two powers did not agree with the other. God and Satan soared towards the time bomb of crackling energy. The two clashed claws, their bodies surrounding the great source of power. Their bodies leaked even more power into the orb, like lightning pouring from their chest. The orb became bigger and bigger until it completely engulfed them, leaving only their silhouettes visible. The giant sphere of feuding powers began to radiate fiercely and burst out. And suddenly, a colossal explosion like that of a dying star went off. The world was engulfed in pure energy, flowing through everything, both living and not. When it faded away, the two stood firmly afloat above. They back away from each other and then the powers that surrounded them burned brighter and they began to glow with powerful ferocity. They both cried out and then charged at full speed towards the other. As they collided, their powers erupted upon the other.

But it was Satan who felt the full force of the blow.

The demon cried out and went numb in the air. God seized the opportunity to strike Satan down. With an overpowering blow of divine energy, God crashed his fists upon Satan’s evil body. The demon fell to the ground and when the landed a catastrophic explosion was released upon the land, fire, smoke, and ash spreading everywhere. When the clouds settled, the Heavens remained unscathed by the demon’s fire. But, the demon himself lay broken on the ground. But it was not quite over. He stood up once more not ready for defeat. But, all could see it within him. He was on the edge of defeat.
The great demon, sensing his loss was inevitable against the Almighty, sought to strike down as many of the angels as he could manage. His wings blew a poisonous wind within their lungs, sickly and molten hot. Michael gagged on the evil toxin and began to fall steadily to the ground below. But suddenly, a glistening blue aura surrounded him, catching him in the air. He coughed and watched as the black smog slithered from his lips. Michael looked up above and faced the all powerful lion looking upon him. Michael had been bestowed with the powers of the Trinity. He knew what he had to do. Satan would never see it coming if a lone angel challenged him.

And so, Michael charged with renewed force into the sea of warring angels. He removed his blade, burning bright with the same power that surrounded the rest of him now. Dark angels began to take notice of his great charge and threw themselves in his path. Michael cut them down swiftly, but for every one he struck it seemed as though two more came to take their place. Hundreds came to block his path, but it mattered not how many challenged him. God had given him a mission: strike down the massive demon. And he intended to fulfill it no matter what. However, as he came to the edge of the armada, one final renegade stood in his path. But, it was no ordinary angel. This was another one of the Archangels. Lucifer, the greatest of them all, had fallen and with him he had taken one of his brothers: Azrul. He stood before Michael, eyes burning with malice and betrayal. A growl of hatred escaped his lips. Without warning, he charged his brother. However, he knew not what power coursed through Michael’s blade. For with one divine blow, Azrul was finished, collapsed to the ground in a fissure of smoke, a blanket of shame. Michael wept internally for his brother and yet he did not regret the blow. It was what he deserved.

And so, Michael shifted his gaze to the evil beast. He let out a bloodthirsty cry and soared with intense speeds. Satan heard the shout and saw the courageous challenger approaching, radiating power. He sucked in a mighty breath and a volcanic blast of fire spewed from his throat, hurtling towards the heavenly champion. But, the vile flames could not touch the divine essence of God and were repelled without effort.
At that moment, Michael felt the true power of the Almighty course through him. It was indescribable, uncontainable, and too much for him to bear. He felt as if the energy might erase him from existence, its unbelievable power surging with severe intensity. But, he focused on the task at hand. He rose high above the beast and raised the sword above his head. And with a cry of vengeance, he fell upon the traitor and plunged the sword straight through his evil soul. The power of the Trinity was released in full and a cataclysmic blast of ultimate power was unleashed upon all of the Heavens. The host of Heaven remained unaffected, but those who had believed the demon were slaughtered viciously by the overpowering blast, erased from the presence of the land. When Michael removed the sword, the demon had disappeared along with all of his followers. God’s thunderous voice filled the land.

“Behold children. Behold what has become of the dragon and his disciples.”

The air tore open and a horrible image was shorn upon the mystic mirror. Like raining fire, all of the betrayers fell down upon Earth. The ground split open and fire belched from the tear. It widened and a place in which no light, no hope, and no love laid. All that emitted from this abyss was darkness, despair, pain, lifelessness, and a sea of flames. This was Hell. The most horrifying screams arose from the pit, coming from all those experienced the God-forsaken fires. At last, Satan fell within the pit and geyser of blackened blood and fire arose from his massive impact. A roar of ultimate suffering arose as he felt his punishment.

They watched in horror and triumph all at once. Surely, they thought, he would confess to his evil and beg at the feet of the Almighty for mercy. Certainly he would realize the folly and error of his ways. But, as the pit closed around those suffering, Satan, who had reverted back to his decayed angelic appearance, did something that no one expected. Something horrible. He smiled up at us, the look of pure evil and hate in his eyes. He did not stop smiling until the ground was sealed once more than the horrible cries were muted.

And so it was done. Good and evil had taken their sides. A battle that would last throughout all time and eternity.
And the one simultaneous thought that ran through all of creation, both holy and wicked, was:

So be it.
-----------------------------------
There you have it. I know it's short, but it's only that one event in biblical history when Lucifer becomes Satan. After I finish with my current fanfic I will be working hard to unnoobify my three previous stories, hopefully improving them to the height of my current fanic (link to it in my sig). :cool:

Last edited:

darkisaac

Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com
Lol funny I was actually going to write a short story dealing with Lucifer's fall; I was thinking of writing a oneshot of a conversation between Lucifer and Gabriel. I got the idea from Paradise Lost.

Your story was interesting; the speech could use some work, as it sounds like a script for a bad movie. Try to make the speech more natural and try to make each character more unique; the way the angels seem to speak makes it seem like they're the same person, and many of the lines sound kinda cliche'd.

Also a little note, when writing, write out numbers, don't write "50 ft." write "fifty feet" it looks unprofessional when one uses numbers unless it's absolutely necessary. Some of your writing could use some refining but overall it's not bad.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Very nice. Love it.
You should maybe post this at the beginning of the fan fic, just so it's more organized. Just throwing it out there.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Very nice. Love it.
You should maybe post this at the beginning of the fan fic, just so it's more organized. Just throwing it out there.

Not a bad idea. I'll think about it.

Your story was interesting; the speech could use some work, as it sounds like a script for a bad movie. Try to make the speech more natural and try to make each character more unique; the way the angels seem to speak makes it seem like they're the same person, and many of the lines sound kinda cliche'd.

Also a little note, when writing, write out numbers, don't write "50 ft." write "fifty feet" it looks unprofessional when one uses numbers unless it's absolutely necessary. Some of your writing could use some refining but overall it's not bad.

I'll take the number thing into immediate memory. However, as for the upper portion, I agree with you. After reading it through a few times, I see what you mean. This version of Lucifer's fall was inspired by the Archangel comics I read several years back, so that might have been where the cliche's came from subconsciously(seeing as they're a bit childish). But, I appreciate you reading it man!

Gildragon

Theatre Messiah
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
“And so your blasphemy has been committed. Now the war must being.”
begin!

All who had chosen God rallied behind Him. Those who had believed Lucifer’s great lie flew above with him

I have a problem with this, while at the end of your fic there is a pit an ultimately a fall showing that Lucifer was ever in a elevated position is contrary to the picture we should be presenting. Satan was never elevated or above God, just higly honored and vain. (making vanity the first sin)

God was thrown back and began to fall from the sky, paralyzed by the blow.

God thrown back and paralyzed?
why do I have a problem with this?

Light always pierces the darkness. not the other way around.

all in all though I thought it was a good story in and of itself

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

Snap...

I have a problem with this, while at the end of your fic there is a pit an ultimately a fall showing that Lucifer was ever in a elevated position is contrary to the picture we should be presenting. Satan was never elevated or above God, just higly honored and vain. (making vanity the first sin)

Your wording is kinda odd, Gil. Mind re-explaining that?

God thrown back and paralyzed?
why do I have a problem with this?

What the!? I put that? Must've typed it without thinking. My bad.

Light always pierces the darkness. not the other way around.

That it does.

all in all though I thought it was a good story in and of itself

Thanks! :wink:

EDIT: Okay I fixed the word and the sentence. Sorry bout that.

Gildragon

Theatre Messiah
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Nazofire said:
Your wording is kinda odd, Gil. Mind re-explaining that?

I had a problem with the particular passage I was referencing. the fact that Satan ascended at all even to levitate brings to mind that he had power. and that he could be depending on the layout of the scene at the same level or higher than God. Also metaphorically it paints a bad picture that contradicts the story the Bible tells regarding this event

What the!? I put that? Must've typed it without thinking. My bad.

from the below paragraph

Up above, the lion and demon were silent, levitating in the air. Simultaneously, the two deities whipped both hands out which were instantly filled with their own unique powers. Then in the blink of an eye, they clashed, a mighty explosion of power erupting as the pure essence of good and evil fought reacted against the other. The two clawed and scraped at the other, blood and sparks raining down upon the armies and the claws collided with each other and scraped the flesh off the other. God dug His claws into Satan and flipped him back through the air, tossing him back and away. Satan stopped himself with his wings and snapped them back with a great rush, propelling himself back. He collided with God headfirst, the sharp, rough, scaly skin scraping upon His face. He cried in pain as the skin broke upon His face, thorns and blood splattered upon Him. Satan whipped his evil tail up and struck God a vicious blow with the massive spike at the end of tail. God was thrown back and began to fall from the sky, paralyzed by the blow. But, He quickly recovered and steadied Himself in the air. He let out a cry of fury and dashed forward too fast to be possible. He crashed into Satan a dug His claws into the best once again. He opened His mouth wide and bit deeply into the vile flesh of the demon. Satan let out a cry of horrifying pain. Blood dripped from him like red rain, pouring down upon the angels. God released His grip and smashed the demon high into the air then flew up to meet him, striking him down with extreme fury.

[/QUOTE]

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I had a problem with the particular passage I was referencing. the fact that Satan ascended at all even to levitate brings to mind that he had power. and that he could be depending on the layout of the scene at the same level or higher than God. Also metaphorically it paints a bad picture that contradicts the story the Bible tells regarding this event

Oh. No,no,no that was just because Satan commanded all of them to rise up, and he joined them which split the two sides. If I remember correctly, Satan asked who would join him in the bible and they revealed themselves by separating themselves from the Host. The rising thing was my idea, but it was just a way to split the two sides from each other. It wasn't meant to be metaphorical for who had power over the other. Not at all.

from the below paragraph

I fixed it. :cool:

Gildragon

Theatre Messiah
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Right I know that it wasn't the intent. but Imagine the person (even a Christian who doesn't know the story of satan's fall)
reads this, i'm saying the way its worded could be perceived that way

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Right I know that it wasn't the intent. but Imagine the person (even a Christian who doesn't know the story of satan's fall)
reads this, i'm saying the way its worded could be perceived that way

That's true. But, this is after all only a prototype and I don't intend to do much with this unless I take Shadow's advice and add it to my edited first Heavenly Sword fanfic as the prologue. If I do, this thing is gonna need some touch up.

darkisaac

Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com
I'll take the number thing into immediate memory. However, as for the upper portion, I agree with you. After reading it through a few times, I see what you mean. This version of Lucifer's fall was inspired by the Archangel comics I read several years back, so that might have been where the cliche's came from subconsciously(seeing as they're a bit childish). But, I appreciate you reading it man!

No problem man, keep up the good work.

I also noticed the same lines that Gildragon did, but I didn't say anything because the last thing I wanted was to start a religious debate lol, but it's true, sometimes you make God sound...well...human, remember God is omnipotent, technically, there shouldn't even be a fight: God could kill Satan in a blink of an eye.

But I understand why you did it; after all you are writing a story, if God just snaps his finger and wins, it makes the story a lot less interesting right?

Anyways, I gotta go, peace,

Darkisaac

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
But I understand why you did it; after all you are writing a story, if God just snaps his finger and wins, it makes the story a lot less interesting right?

Exactly. According to the Bible, there was no battle between God and Satan. But, I mean c'mon who doesn't wanna see (well...read in this case) those two going at each other. And of course, it would be an instant win, but I had to make it last long enough to add to the feel of war in the story. If it were just "Satan attacks God. Satan falls to the ground. Michael attacks Satan. Satan go boom. Satan fall into Hell. The End." I'd probably die from boredom, lol.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Yeah . . . everyone kinda mentioned the errors already, lol.

*Rushes off to check first post of Heavenly Sword*

*Rushes back here for comparison*

. . . . .

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Yeah . . . everyone kinda mentioned the errors already, lol.

*Rushes off to check first post of Heavenly Sword*

*Rushes back here for comparison*

. . . . .

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Lol there's no comparing the two. It's brutally obvious which one is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back