• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Help With An Irrational Fear

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Superschlock

Don't you step out of line
Awards
I saw one in my room this morning D:

I trapped it with the ol' paper under the cup trap, and flushed its ass!

Aria

braver by the minute
Try using a fly swatter to kill them, or move them away from you.

legendary_Dosa7

There a lot roaches here in Texas , what we do here to avoid them is having a clean kitchen and and clean after yourself. Don't leave dirty dishes hanging around, this will bring out the little critters. And don't leave the door to the garage open. oh terminating helps too.
Other than that you just have to deal with them, because they're super animals. They been here since the dinosaurs and will be here FOREVER!!!

UnnamedPerson

Awards
Theres really not much that you can do for help with this fear... perhaps seek some guidance from someone you know who's had similar fears, or carry some bug spray. Either one seems to work.
Seriously though, they are pretty creepy.

qster

The Last Bulbasaur
I'm a 17 year old male. I'm not afraid of things that most people are terrified of, such as death, heights, etc. However, as a kid I was always afraid of something that I knew couldn't harm me (or anyone else) and I recently realized that at 17, I am possibly worse off than I was then. I grew up in a house that had them ALL the time. When we moved, I rarely ever saw one again and I didn't have to deal with them.

I have a VERY irrational fear of cockroaches. I hate everything about them, from their appearance, to the crunch and popping noises they make when you stomp them. I've never seen one in person, but I think I'd piss my pants on the spot if I ever saw a flying one coming towards me. I can't even bring myself to kill the things, but the moment I see one, I find an alternate route if it's in my way. I can't even remain in the same room as one. I doubt I'll ever stop hating them. What I need is to be able to kill them, whether I'm afraid or not. Someday I'm not gonna be able to have my little brother or parents do it (pretty sad, huh?). You can see the problems this would cause, I'm sure? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Try to keep your house as clean as possible and don't leave ANY food out/unwraped without putting it away or fully eating it. If that doesn't work, do an old fashioned sacrifice to the good old fire demons. BURN EM!!!!

Last edited:

<3

Call me Love, love.
When I kill them, I just ignor the sound they make, and force my self to think of happy things like Butterflies =)

However, your not alone with that fear. My fathers apartment used to be crawling with them. And my room was closest to the kitchen (their little hang out zone) and when my dad got all the repalent and shit like that, they all ran into my room.

The last time I slept over at hi house was the day I founf them in my bed x.x

qster

The Last Bulbasaur
When I kill them, I just ignor the sound they make, and force my self to think of happy things like Butterflies =)

However, your not alone with that fear. My fathers apartment used to be crawling with them. And my room was closest to the kitchen (their little hang out zone) and when my dad got all the repalent and shit like that, they all ran into my room.

The last time I slept over at hi house was the day I founf them in my bed x.x
I would have screamed and ran out of the frickin' room if that happened to me. I'm so lucky I've never seen a cockroach.

<3

Call me Love, love.
I would have screamed and ran out of the frickin' room if that happened to me. I'm so lucky I've never seen a cockroach.

After I found them in there, I had my first ever fight with my dad. They were all dead, because I had been sleeping with them =S And he said it didn't matter because they were dead. But they were still in my bed! Though, they were only the tiny ones, thank god.

My Nan used to alway tell me there were roaches the size of rats in Malta O_O

<3

Call me Love, love.
Lol. But there were other reasons behind why I didn't stay over there anymore, but the roaches thing was a big contributer(sp?)

Danica Syer

Trivia: Love ღ
Cockroaches are creepy looking, I'll have to agree with you about that. I mean seriously they are dirty and they're just filthy and ugh, kind of big in a sense but not too big. Have you found like some kind of um, spray to get rid of them or anything?

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
I don't have roaches in my house now (thank God). My concern is when I go off to college and have a dorm room that'll probably have one pop up every now and then. I won't pull out spray to kill the buggers everytime. My fear prevents me from even removing their dead bodies from the ground, the place would be covered in roach corpses. Maybe I should just be sure to marry a woman who has no problem killing them...cause I'm beginning to think I'm a lost cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back