• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Help with suicide situation

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

denizenofevil

Well, 2 days ago, I found out that one of my old classmates committed suicide. I didn't know her that well but I was of course saddened by the news. My friend on the other hand was pretty close to her and she's having a hard time coping. I talked to her a few minutes ago about it but I'm really no good at providing emotional support. The subject just came up and I apologized for it having come up in conversation but she said it helped to talk about it. So we talked. Problem is that I didn't know what to say or do. We don't know the circumstances of her death. We started talking about the rumors of her death and how she was always so happy and how nice she was and I'm worried that it was the wrong thing to talk about. We aren't even 100% sure it was suicide. Can someone please help? What should I say/do and what shouldn't I say?

Captain Garlock

Did I ever tell you I love red?
Sometimes it's best to only provide help when its needed. In situations like this letting people walk on there own is something you need to do. Sadly nothing you can do will bring said person back from the grave. Think of it like your friend is locked in a dark room and your on the outside. You can not physically help all you can do is give her encouraging words. I do however think this is her internal struggle, and a good friend is always there but you can not walk for her.

impart

Climb The Sky
yeah, all you can really do is be there for her. and let her know that you are there if she needs to talk about it or whatever.

probably nothing you can really say is going to make it less weird, I guess just try to put yourself in her shoes?
give her some time to wrap her head around it
I was never really good at dealing with people who were in emotional distress XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back