• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Here’s what Xion and kairi need in my opinion!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
1) Xehanort is using 3 different versions of himself as vessels, people from 1000 years in the past, puppets (xion and riku), and other unknown characters. There is no question in my mind that if he needed vessels other than Vanitas or Terranort he would have found them. He even had luxu and MoM helping him considering he was speaking with young xehanort. On top of this there is more evidence that there are additional guardians of light he could have used if needed. So realistically speaking, at best, all BBS and that trio did was buy some time with their story. You can act like thats significant all you want, but the master of masters plan was accomplished via Xehanort's effort and thats all the matters for the overarching story that you restricted me to talking about.

I mean, buying time and thwarting the main antagonist of the Dark Seeker Saga is being significant. It's not even "all I want", it's simply logical, narrative sense. If they didn't, the series as a whole wouldn't be the one you know. That's just...a fact that you can deny all you want. Xehanort isn't using them as vessels, Xemnas, Ansem, and Young Xehanort are all from different places in time, they're simply his other versions. He wouldn't have these other versions, mind you, if he didn't take over Terra. Finding other unknown character vessels like who and what exactly? Travel back in time to KHUx? With MoM and Luxu there? Erm.

And that's still part of the overarching story even if he himself was a tool to be used. Doesn't matter if there's a bigger big bad.

We don't know what the MoM wants yet either or what he's looking to accomplish.

Furthermore, I'll be surprised if no characters are benched after this saga.

2)I already said I don't care that she's insignificant with respect to the overarching story. I like her story, and I like Roxas' story. It may be inconsequential in the scheme of Xehanorts plan but I think Xion's character is interesting and I think there is more depth and humanity to 358/2 days than all of the other games in the series with the exception of Aqua's game fragmentary passage.

Okay. So what is the problem then? Aside from you being triggered due to your "irrational" love for her. See how that feels being used against you.

3)I don't care that you don't like Xion, but I really think you're inconsistent when it comes to the way you're judging characters. Obviously I'll never convince you to like Xion and I'm not trying to because clearly you have an irrational hate for her for whatever reason, I'm just pointing out that all of the characters you do seem to like actually aren't very significant at all in the scheme of the overarching story

I think you do, because you wouldn't be going through all these efforts and incapable of accepting others' opinions about your favorite character. I have my reasons to not give an iota of a damn about Xion and they're just as valid, period. Again, her being unnecessary is secondary, I already explained I have issues with her implementation and how it was handled, which is the primary reason why she did not resonate with me. That's not being irrational. It's called I don't have to agree to your personal opinion about her. I could easily say I can't understand why you like such a basic character that brings nothing new to the table, by concept or personality.

I mean if you realllllly think about it, the fact that Xion sacrificed herself to save roxas instead of just killing him and absorbing all of Sora's memories actually makes her the MVP of the entire francise. She could have wiped Sora and Roxas out and allowed Xehanort to summon Kingdom Hearts a long time ago but she literally chose death despite knowing she was just a puppet, believing she wasn't human, for the sake of one person that she didn't even know she could feel something for. Like sure, Ven delayed Xehanort's plans, but if Xion didn't sacrifice herself to save Roxas then Sora would have been completely lost.

If we're going to go with your mentality, then Riku and Naminé are the actual MVPs if you reeeeeeally think about it. Dragging it out to allow these characters a freedom of choice wasn't something they had to do. Considering how much Xion was with Riku, he could have gotten rid of her ages ago. Same with Roxas. Cause you know, Xemnas wasn't concerned about that for whatever reason.

I already told you why Xion's unnecessary to possibly explain where breaktheice was coming from (and it was to Absent, not you). Flick her and Days off, and nothing changes thereafter. Things will play out the exact same. Because it actually did even without them. There was no Days when KHII released after all.

Last edited:

OneDandelion

Awards
Okay. So what is the problem then? Aside from you being triggered due to your "irrational" love for her. See how that feels being used against you.
Love is irrational, what can I say? The heart wants what the heart wants and...
Spoiler Spoiler Show

I think you do, because you wouldn't be going through all these efforts and incapable of accepting others' opinions about your favorite character.
honestly, I'm going through all this because I'm lazy and need momentary escapes from doing calc homework. And I hate hypocrisy.

I have nothing against Riku, Namine, and all of those other "useless" characters I listed. I actually like most of them a lot, its why I play these games. I just choose to judge them based on their individual characters and individual stories instead of what effect they have on the overall plot like you're doing to Xion.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I don't see anything hypocritical about acknowledging the mere fact that the series and its characters would have been the same without Days. Lea and Roxas would have the same motivations if driven only by one another as they would if they were also driven by Xion as well; we know that's the case because their storyline existed and functioned without Xion prior to her existence. I don't even mind Xion, she's certainly not bland or without character like Kairi, but I do feel she was thrown in to force another Trinity because Nomura was obsessed with them during the side games phase (and yet he doesn't implement Trinity marks anymore, what's with that *grumblegrumble*). Well, I suppose I shouldn't call that a phase since Isa and Lea will be getting a third, too.

At least RAX is the best trinity of the series aside from SDG (Sora-Riku are better than them, too, but then you throw in Kairi and that's one huge anchor weighing that trinity down).

OneDandelion

Awards
Lea and Roxas would have the same motivations if driven only by one another as they would if they were also driven by Xion as well
I mean, c'mon bro thats absurd 😂 edit: and also it would've been boring.

its hypocritical to say the characters in BBS were more significant to the plot than the characters in Days when realistically both of them only served to delay Xehanort's plan.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Love is irrational, what can I say? The heart wants what the heart wants and...

Whatever helps you sleep.

I have nothing against Riku, Namine, and all of those other "useless" characters I listed. I actually like most of them a lot, its why I play these games. I just choose to judge them based on their individual characters and individual stories instead of what effect they have on the overall plot like you're doing to Xion.

Except you didn't prove them useless. And I already told you I don't like Xion's implementation as my main reason. I can't force you to read though.

And okay? Congratulations? Do you.

Last edited:
Back