• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Here Comes the Bride

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lanydx reborn

The Superior Lanydx
Awards
Yeah yeah I know the rules.
Anyway didn't see the end coming, but as for how you can do better......I got nothing, zip, zero. you are goldn.

Zero: Did someone say my name?

LR:No Zero.

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess
Night 7

Something was very wrong. Kenneth was getting to the climax of his story, when the main door blew open. Rolly and Harriet were half dragging Riku who had apparently fainted. Well, he at least looked like he couldn't move. They managed to have Riku flop into an open chair, but Riku just started to shiver and threw up into a can Harriet placed next to him.

“What happened.” Kenneth shouted, as Sora ran over to Riku, Kairi walked quickly.

“Leota. She... she dead.” Rolly muttered as he ran towards the fire to build it up. “Riku found her.” Sora could feel everyone shift in the room as people thought that maybe Riku had killed her, but that was preposterous. Even with Riku's hatred of Maleficent, he respected women and was fond of Leota in his own way.

“You can accuse me all you want.” Riku managed to hiss as he shivered in his seat. “But the last time I saw her was last night.”

“What's going on?” Constance had finally entered the scene. She stood near Sora, and looked at the chaotic scene around her as more and more servants rushed into the large room.

“Leota Toombs is dead.” Sora wasn't sure who said it, all he knew is that he managed to catch Constance before she hit the floor in a dead faint.
Kairi played hostess for the first time an hour later. She limped around in shoes and a corset as the police came in to interview and take the body. She had to ask what people wanted, lead people to places, run the kitchen... this would normally be Constance's job but she was still in bed after fainting. Riku had been contained too. She knew why people suspected him, but it was still unfair. With a quiet sigh she sunk down into a large chair under a fern. She just needed a few moments to get off her feet. Maybe she could go barefoot if she got back to the Islands. If? There was no if, only when. But with all of this... maybe it was an if. If Riku got put in jail... Well, Kairi was sure he didn't do it. But the fact it was the day after they had tried to have him... committed? Was that the word? Either way, everyone thought he was crazy and crazy could mean violent. And to kill someone.... Kairi shivered. She had overheard what they were whispering. Leota had been beheaded. It was bloody, it was violent, it was very unlike Riku. But then again, seeing things that weren't there was unlike Riku too. Had they really lost their oldest and best friend?

“Miss Kairi!” Someone called out down a hall, the one with the suit of armor that Riku always skirted.

“Coming!” Kairi called back and walked towards the end.
“Normally when I am called to your house at this hour of the night, I expect a party or dinner of some sort.” Constance's eyes flickered open as she saw the worried form of Julia leaning over her bed. “The police are here.”

“Thank you.” Constance took a deep breath as she looked up at her crimson canopy. “What is everyone doing?”

“Mr. Soulstice is locked up in an empty room, as he is the prime suspect at the moment. Miss Damati is playing hostess. And Mr. Lockheart doesn't know what to do with himself so he is pacing the rather large distance between your room and Mr. Soulstice's prison.” Constance pulled herself up to a sitting position. Someone must have removed her corset.

“Thank you. Do I need to get up?”

“Not yet. But you will need to get dressed later, the police are taking statements.”

“I am telling you I didn't kill her.” Riku growled. His hands had been tied to a chair and two police officers were either interrogating him or taking his statement, he couldn't tell which. It really didn't help one of his illusions had taken root in this room, some sort of cowboy who was hiding in a corner. Riku was sure that he was not apart of the police.

“You are the only one with means, motive, and opportunity.”

“I do not have access to anything that can... (Riku started to shudder again) kill in that way. She was the only person here who treated me decently so why would I kill her, and I've been either with people or in town all day until I went to talk to her and I … I found her. And Constance saw me a few minutes before all of this happened. I thanked her for taking us in.”

“Us?”

“Sora, Kairi, and myself. I don't have multiple personalities.” Riku sighed and wanted to turn away. But his wrists kept him strapped there facing them....

They probably weren't bad guys, to be honest, but it was just the fact that their job meant they thought Riku was guilty.

“So, what did you do today?”

“Constance” SMACK One of the detectives hit him across the mouth.

“Call her Miss Hatchaway.” he growled. “I doubt you are familiar enough with her to call her Constance.” Riku turned his head and spat out some blood onto the floor.

MISS HATCHAWAY said we were to go shopping. We went into New Orleans proper, and visited a woman named Mary Blair who gave me a suit. After that, I went out and got chocolate while Kairi – I can use her first name, we've been friends since practically birth - was getting her new dresses set up. Sora – he's my best friend – talked with me for a while outside then he went in to get fitted while Kairi used me as a model for a new hat. She also got some bonnets. She then treated me to lunch. After Miss Hatchaway had us return to the mansion... something felt off so I wanted to go find Madam Leota. When searching for her, I found Con- Miss Hatchaway in the library so I thanked her for taking us in instead of abandoning us. A few minutes after that I....” Riku stopped and began to shake. He tried to put it out of his mind. It was just too gruesome.

“Soulstice.” One of the detectives – the one not taking notes – raised his hand and Riku flinched but continued.

“I found Ma- I found her body on the floor, bleeding. It took me a few seconds to realize that she hadn't passed out but her... her head wasn't there.” Riku gulped down bile. He needed to move through this, he couldn't think about it. “I don't know why I looked at her crystal ball next but that's when I saw her... her head there. It looked...” Riku almost fell into a seizure he was shuddering so much. The blank unseeing eyes, the mouth slightly open and filled with blood. She was already so pale before... before this she looked like a skull now. Her hair filled up the ball, but the bottom was heavy with blood and it didn't look.... smooth ( Riku almost threw up again). He drove all the thoughts out for a minute before continuing.

“I ran outside and I... Rolly found me on the floor a few minutes later and he and Harriet got me back to the main room where Sora and Kairi were. That's where I stayed until you put me in this room.” Riku glared back at the detectives. “I don't know what else you want from me, but that's all I can give right now.”

Bam Riku started to cough after the heavy punch to his stomach. He strained for air after a few seconds until - his heart beating wildly- he finally managed to get his breathing back in order.

“Now tell us what actually happened.”
Sora had worn himself into exhaustion from his constant pacing and just sat on the steps in the main hall while he waited. The police had to come through here sometime. He stood up and glanced up at the picture of George Gracey.

“It's been quite a week, huh?” He had no idea why he was talking to the painting, maybe just so someone could listen. “We come in here seeking to stop evil before it comes to darkness and... well...” he waved his hand to the inside of the mansion. “I wonder if Mickey thought this could happen. Anyway, your widow is very pretty but I'm still worried about Riku. I mean... he's not like this. He's never been this violent.” He began to run his hands through his hair as he continued to ramble. “Riku's made bad decisions, he's been through a lot, and I know he hasn't told me everything but.... this isn't him. He doesn't see things that aren't there. I still don't believe him, and I think he's way off on Constance's... whatever he means with her.” He slumped back down onto one of the stair steps again. He tilted his head back so he looked at the ceiling. “We can't leave, we can't stay and.... why am I even telling this to a painting? That I... I” That I love Constance Hatchaway. She's smart, she's clever, she's sweet, she's more beautiful than any other girl I've seen in any world, she deigns to look with interest upon me. ME? A guy who she barely even knows. SHE took me in, and in a week I've fallen for her so quickly I... I might never return to Destiny Islands. I would be perfectly happy just staying here unless I'm absolutely needed elsewhere. Riku's more then capable of defending Kingdom Hearts – even if he is crazy at the moment – and Kairi is learning quickly too. King Mickey is the best of all of us.

“Kid, do you know where Miss Hatchaway is?” Sora sat up so fast he almost fell over. He saw the two police officers and Riku chained up in the middle. A splendid bruise was appearing on his cheek and some blood was drying under his nose. Riku's eyes were downcast and he seemed to be... ashamed? Angry?

“WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY BEST FRIEND?” Sora practically roared and hurried down the few steps to try to untie Riku. One of the officers pushed him back so he fell onto the steps. Sora started to pull himself up but-

“OFFICER!” Constance Hatchaway stood at the top stair, “you will NOT abuse my hospitality by hitting two of my guests in my own home!” she strode down the stairs-giving a very small smile to Sora as she passed him on the ground- and stood in front of the officers, “Now, state your names!” They all ignored the faint knocking at the door.

“I'm Officer Bill Martin and that's Detective Dave Burkhart.” The one on the right admitted. A noise behind Sora attracted his attention and saw quite a few servants and Kairi hiding in the main archway that lead to the ballroom.

“Untie Mr. Soulstice unless you have definite proof that he killed the gypsy.”

“We just need to confirm if you saw him-”

“A few minutes before? Yes. He thanked me for letting him and his friends stay here. I told him that It may be Southern Hospitality, but I had grown fond of him.”

FOND??? She told RIKU she was fond of him, but she hadn't said that to... she liked RIKU?? Sora turned crimson and began to glower as the officers conversed for a bit then untied Riku. As soon as the cuffs were off a few of the servants rushed in to grab Riku before he fell, but he managed to hold himself steady, even if he was favoring a leg. Sora's mental train was interrupted as the front door eased open with one of the servants standing by the door.

“Is there a Leo-” It was a delivery man of some sort, who looked flabbergasted at the very large group in the front hall. “I'll go.”

“There was a Leota Toombs here earlier.” Riku finally spoke up as he limped towards the delivery man. “What do you want from her?”

“Just her signature. She had ordered some axle's for a carriage, I'm assuming it's the one in front of the house with the gypsy signs on it. She's lucky it only took a week. Where can I find her?” he looked around as the entire hall went quiet. Finally Riku spoke up.

“She died earlier today.”
Riku wasn't in any shape to get back to Rolly and his room by himself, so he had to lean on Harriet the rest of the way back while Constance sorted out what to do about what Leota had ordered. But instead of just resting in his room, he was plopped down in a seat in the kitchen.

“Did they whip you?” Harriet asked as she began to unbutton his suit vest. Riku shook his and just kept flexing his wrists. “No, I can see that... you don't have blood on your shirt. Did they beat you elsewhere?” Riku just nodded. “Alright then. Take your shirt off and roll your pants up. Mary! Boil some water and get some towels. Kate, get something for Riku to bite on...” As she went around giving orders Riku unbuttoned and took of the shirt, revealing a very bruised midsection. He just stared at his shirt as Harriet got the kitchen pulled together. She began to check for wounds and internal bruising as Riku just sat there, tears rolling down his cheeks. There was a clucking sound and he looked over to see Harriet had stopped checking his injuries. Unashamed, Riku accepted her embrace and cried into her shoulder.

I want to go home.

TwilightRiku_13

HIT THE DECK!!!!!
Awards
At my house with Riku, Saix, and Zexion, rocking t
Oh my God, poor Riku!!! Please, please just let him go home; he has been though enough on that world. Man, Constance is really getting on my nerves. Her whole innocence facade is really wearing thin on me; I so hope that karma hits her like a ton of bricks. Anyway, great job, and I look forward to more.

madammina

May I ask what you are talking about? What do you think she is guilty of? I haven't seen anything these last few chapters, just unfortunately wording things between Sora and Riku. (Just spoilbox your guess)

And, er, no. Riku's not going home. But he spends a few days resting up and takes refuge in the idea he is insane. He's going to cheer up and deal with various things.

I forgot to make it clear, but the tears are for Leota, not himself. He hasn't had time to properly process it until Harriet starts to take care of him.

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards
GET YOUR LAW-ENFORCING HANDS OFF OF MY RIKU! RAWWWWR! *tears down the fourth wall and gives Riku a big hug* And wow, even Constance was freaking out! Things are getting out of control...

I know I've said this many times, but your chapters keep getting progressively better and better! I loved Sora's little conversation with the painting (it made me lol) and how, even when he's got a crush on this random women, you still show how much he cares about Riku and Kairi when things go wrong. And gaaah, poor Riku! He needs lots of love!

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards
I know they were just doing their job (and I liked how Riku acknowledged that in the story), but still...*hugs Riku again*

madammina

GET YOUR LAW-ENFORCING HANDS OFF OF MY RIKU! RAWWWWR! *tears down the fourth wall and gives Riku a big hug* And wow, even Constance was freaking out! Things are getting out of control...

I know I've said this many times, but your chapters keep getting progressively better and better! I loved Sora's little conversation with the painting (it made me lol) and how, even when he's got a crush on this random women, you still show how much he cares about Riku and Kairi when things go wrong. And gaaah, poor Riku! He needs lots of love!

He does!... but he'll stop being the woobie soon, sort of. Anyway, once he embraces his insanity he cheers up. And, yes, the bromance is still there... sort of. (Kairi is also working on that part next chapter)

I'm really glad you like this! And how the painting conversation made you laugh! I hope everyone is in character though...

Don't worry Org 42 I'll take care of those cops.

*Cops shot at*
LANDYX! you will NOT shoot at cops, do you UNDERSTAND? They are only doing their jobs and it IS before Miranda! Back then, it was perfectly acceptable to beat up suspects!

I know they were just doing their job (and I liked how Riku acknowledged that in the story), but still...*hugs Riku again*
(hugs Riku too)

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I ended up hooked into your fanfic which is surprisingly good. I'm not a complete fan of haunted manison but reading your fanfic I ended up liking it a lot ^^ your a great writer. Can't wait to see your new chapter.

madammina

Ooh! A new Reader!! YAY!!

Can you tell me what you liked, didn't like, and how I can improve?

Thank you for reading! I hope you will continue to read it!

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I pretty much liked everything. Didn't have anything I dislike so far XD and your doing really great with your fanfic so.. Nope can't think of anything you need to improve. Hope Riku is proved innocent and I am beginning to think Constance is the one who killed the lady who believed in Riku.. And I hope Sora doesn't get hurt from liking Constance to badly..

Lol well Lan, it's a really good fanfic or I wouldn't have gotten caught up in it's story and hooked for good. ^^

madammina

"Hooked for good"

YES! YES! (cough) (I'm thinking about also putting it on fanfiction.net. Anyone agree?

Anyway, yes, Riku is considered innocent right now since he managed to point out he was almost always in view of other people the entire day and all of those people are trustworthy. Otherwise they wouldn't have uncuffed him and let him go with Harriet.

I'm working on Day 10, don't worry.

As for Leota's killer, you will find out eventually, but that's all I'm saying.

madammina

Homework, Landyx. Homework and tests.

Unless you're talking about fanfiction.net... which still have the same problems but would take lest time. (plus I could put up Rapture, Naomi, I'll Break you, Reflection/Mirror Image, Paladin/Holy Knight, Turnabout Artifact, the Prince of Persia one I did...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back