• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

[heroes] //ARC ONE: initial reality

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crisis Break

Hopeless Idealist

The Collaborating Troupe of Idealists and Partners,
Evarae
D2L
Nebula Zero
and myself, as well as helpers,
KHFanatic4565, in forces due to Zetsumi’s return, proudly present...
The start of an epic. The jump into evolution. We present...

[h e r o e s]: initial reality
What is evolution? A question not specifically answered. A simple dictionary would detail evolution as 'a process of gradual, peaceful, progressive change or development, as in social or economic structure or institutions.' Years of theories and studies of evolution prove to be true; though, one stood out in the many. A geneticist once described evolution as a means for survival, a genetic push into the next steps of future humanity. He believed that in recent days, ordinary people had adapted, evolved; became an example of evolution.

Had he truly been a madman? In truth, his theories proved entirely correct. Throughout the entirety of the world, a vast amount of people had reported strange... occurrences. The world had been furthered into the evolutionary chain; but at what cost? Without knowledge on how to control these powers, many find themselves lost, confused, afraid. Evolution is not what it has seemed to be; the process was not gradual, nor is it peaceful. Our initial reality has been shattered by the science of evolution; and for that, many do not understand their powers. Will answers outweigh their fear of revealing their true identity? If so, I must show them they must not be afraid. They must come out of the darkness, to light.

- JOURNAL ENTRY, xx/xx/xxxx by [UNIDENTIFIED PERSON(S)]

//rules]

As you might realize, this is a returning tribute to [Zetsumi], one of the most distinguished roleplayers of KHI whom we all know and love. Also, you might notice, this is a possible remake to his unfortunate ill-fated roleplay, {Heroes}, which was inspired by the show, 'Heroes'.

The method of joining is simple; PM me your aspired character's template, and I'll see to it a prompt answer of acceptance or rejection is given. If you protest to any of my judgements or actions, please do not hesitate to speak with me through PM. Do not, I repeat, do not post in this thread with any template without my approval. If you do, unintentionally or otherwise, you will be immediately rejected and be asked to leave the thread promptly.

Now, here is the little detail about powers. Like Zet's rules, I will only allow powers of the mental variety. Be creative and make your own power; if need be, consult me about a power you want that might seem a little bit out of the guidelines. However, since this is a real life-based roleplay, I discourage powers of the supernatural variety [i.e. teh godes Kali gave me pwer after I destroyed warriors!!oneone11]. There is also a restrict on certain powers, regarding:

- Telekinesis. This power is really overused. I won't allow anyone to have it, unless you consult me with a reasonable.. excuse. 'i want teh power!11onenone!!!' won't cut it as an excuse, either.
- Pyrokinesis, hydrokinesis, electrokinesis, aerokinesis, geokinesis [fire, water, thunder, air, earth]. These are common too. Though they are acceptable in this roleplay, I don't want this to become a repetitive choice.

This roleplay will not extend to ten pages, and as such, I want those pages to be filled with the story of our ordinary heroes, instead of meaningless OOC. So no posting until I say it is acceptable. The reason of its ten page mark is that I hope to make this a series roleplay; this is only but a chapter of the stories I have invented in my head.

The rules of the actual roleplay are parallel to others; no god-modding, no powerplaying. The password is 'initial reality.' Just like that. Put it somewhere inconspicuous, and DO NOT underline or bold it to make me see it. I will look to find it. Literacy is not an option; you either have it, or you don't. Sorry to be mean or anything, but texting-like posts and lacking of grammar and punctuation will result in your eventual leave of this thread. I'm sorry; this is not a newbie-educational roleplay. No machine-gunning, and no deaths of any characters unless the character's maker allows so. Activeness is also an integral key to success, as well as cohesion; keep EVERYONE involved. Don't leave someone out, there's always a way to include someone.

The premise of the story is simple; ordinary people discover things out of the ordinary; able to shift reality, able to levitate in mid-air, able to manipulate the weather. With these powers, they find themselves confused, lost, or maybe just the opposite; determined, happy, grateful. However, it all comes to this; there is a catastrophe coming, one that will decimate millions of lives. Will these people bond together to stop this event? It's all up to you.

Also, as a sidenote; there is two groups of 'heroes' in different places, each containing four people in it. Each group will govern its own location and interact with each other in some way. Should 3/4 of the group wish to switch locations entirely, they may do so, with supervising consent from one of our collaborators. These various groups will meet up at the end of the chapter to unite in a circumstance revealed in the journal entry opening above. This roleplay is also separate in reality from the Heroes world, meaning there is no Nathan and Peter Petrelli, Claire Bennet, The Haitian or Mohinder Suresh. This is a completely new world. =]

//groups]
The names of these groups have no difference to your character or its powers; it is merely a way to distinguish a group from one another. At each of your beginning posts, put your name and the place you are at, to keep with the style of Heroes. An example is:

Christian Ordelas
Manhattan, New York

Followed with a post. This keeps things in order as well as differentiating from diverse locations.

MIDNIGHT
= Washington D.C.
- Atlas Adonis/ Empathic Transference [Nebula Zero/ Forever Lost]
- Craig Moore Jr. / Geokinesis [D2L]
- Adam Son / Photon Manipulation [cyberseraph]
- Vincent James / Extra-sensory perception [lionheart06]
- [possible pending spot for BO_dbl._sizzle]

DAWN
= Chicago, IL (Illinois)
- Christian Ordelas / Life [Crisis Break/Absolution_Fear]
- James Mathews / Forcefields [Evarae]
- Rachel Tennons / Shapeshifting [Ultima Keyblade]
- Ken Ferristein / Organic Manipulation [Zabazu]
- [possible pending spot for sh281]

UNSUB [Note that characters in 'UNSUB' can move freely throughout location from the start of the roleplay. Characters placed here are either untemplated, integral to a plot arc, or Zets himself.]
= ??? (Anywhere)
- ??? / ??? [Zetsumi]

//template]
I have no intention of testing your literacy by expecting you to write million-word biographies and adequate personalities. All you have to do is elaborate on this simple profile and post at least two paragraphs in length for posts. Here is the basic template that you have to PM to me:

//name] [Self-explanatory]
//age] [18-30 preferred]
//gender] [Male or female]
//power] [Elaborate on the power's uses, limits, and all its aspects. This is the only thing that requires you to use literacy]
//personality] [More than four sentences. Okay, this is the second literate thing]
//appearance] [Psh, sue me for three literate things. Picture and description, or description.]
//occupation] [Student of Union Wells High School? Manager of Primatech Paper Company? Unemployed?]

Last edited:

Crisis Break

Hopeless Idealist
[original post]
Reservation noted. Everyone who is interested in joining is allowed the opportunity for one OOC post, for any comments, concerns, as well as being edited with your character's template should I choose to accept you. The method of acceptance is simple; I will send you an acceptance image card. Link the card in an edited post, and you'll be known as an official 'Hero.' This is my OOC post, so I will edit this with my own template. Reservations will be made through this one OOC post. More than one OOC post will result in severe consequences. xD

edit the 1st
Template up.
//name]
Christian Ordelas.

//age]
Twenty-eight.

//gender]
Male.

//power]

Christian's power is a very complex one; the ability to absorb or project essence of life. How this exactly works is by mental contact, in order for the transmission to occur- his power is voluntary and he can choose to activate it at any time [though at the initial stages of his power development it has been shown to be involuntary]. In expanation for mental contact, Ordelas has to think about his target in order to activate his powers. At first, Ordelas can transmit only portions of life, seeing as he can only use life from himself. Because it is relatively new, Christian automatically retracts his power at the moment of uncomfortability.

The element of life itself replenishes exhaustion and fatigue and naturally gives the receiver a happy tendency. It also mends wounds, even if fatal, and can relieve any ailments [i.e. colds, fevers, coughs]. His power cannot access healing to cancer, and cannot revive someone's already dead body unless the full entirety of Christian's lifeforce is consumed. In gradual use, less lifeforce will be required to heal, and perhaps the life will increase in potency enough to heal cancers, making Christian able to revive other lives- without sacrificing his own.

Whenever he absorbs life to a particular extent, Christian is able to tap into the genetic properties of the object absorbed, though the properties obtained is temporary. If he absorbs the full and total life of an object, any genetic properties that Ordelas obtained would be temporary still, due to the chameleon-like aspects of his power. Another note about his power is that with transferring lifeforce, Christian can also mend amputated wounds, with enough lifeforce. Though, the amount it takes to recreate an arm is astounding and would probably knock Christian out.

//personality]

Christian is widely known by close friends to be a person of reason. While his adventure-bound and danger-seeking comrades rush in for a fight, Christian Ordelas likes to observe and is tactful in every decision he makes. Interpreting everything with a psychological view, Ordelas sometimes takes things too seriously, which interferes with his ability to relax and have fun. However, he is very well-intentioned, and strives for the best in everyone. Ever since Michelle left him, however, he has seemed more distant and moody as ever.

Professionally, Christian is a master at his job. Analyzing everything is an advantage to the newspaper business; he writes with utmost ease, which is shown through his proficiency in writing accurate stories that come across his desk. Since journalism is all that truly matters to him, his professional life usually takes presidence over his casual one. Due to his increasingly deranged obsession with his occupation since his wife Michelle left, Ordelas spends his weekends chasing after potential stories, much to the concern of his co-workers.

//appearance][>>Picture//]

Christian Ordelas is a very rugged character, standing at 6'3", with vibrant black-brown eyes and a smile that is rarely seen, overshadowed by the attribute of seriousness. Accompanied with a medium bronze tan, Ordelas dawns a white wifebeater underneath a black silk buttoned polo shirt, with a pair of faded grey jeans that are slightly tight and mint-condition black Converse shoes. Ever since Michelle left him, Christian's apathy for style has dramatically decreased, as shown through his shaveless stubble and shaggy black hair.

//occupation]
Staff Writer of the Chicago Tribune

//location]
Chicago, Illinois [IL]

//theme song]
Somewhere Only We Know - Keane
Just click and play. I know, lame that it's hosted on Myspace. I couldn't find any other hosting sites..

Last edited:

Nebula Zero

THE GREATEST ATTACK EVER
Awards
//name]
Atlas Adonis
//age]
//gender]
Male

//power]
Empathic Transference: As Atlas would soon describe it, "the ability to make people more human." Atlas has the uncanny ability to transfer his emotions into other people, either with consent or without it. Side effects may occur to the target depending on the initial emotion, since the emotions are being suddenly forced into the brain, or they may just experience the emotion. However, using this power on people with abilities can differ compared to normal people.

The range of this power varies, depending on the amount of accumulative emotion he has. It can range to a ten meter radius, to an entire college classroom. But most likely, it only reaches a 2 meter radius at any other time. And the more he focuses on the emotion, the more potent it becomes when it's transfered, including the side effects that might come out of it.

Stress: The emotion as a result of pressure, rooted from frustration. Failing exams, losing friends, getting beaten by a kid at a video game. Any kind of stress he experiences and transfers gives his target not only the stress, but also the aftermath of such stress in the process; exhaustion. The exhaustion of the mind, which will result in the exhaustion of the body soon after.

Emotions and their abilities will be added as the story progresses.

//personality]
Struggling with school and life in general, Atlas tries to catch up, but the path seems ever extending. This causes a lot of stress and emotion to result. Atlas can be seen as a sort of erratic person, his way of thinking and logic seemingly wavering time to time. He does, however, know the value with friendship, and tries to make some, despite the fact that it doesn't always work out. To always keep his head high and face reality as it should be faced is his policy, despite how hectic his life is becoming.

//appearance] [>>Picture//]

Atlas's appearance tends to vary everyday due to his indecisiveness. His wardrobe ranges to a simple black wool sweater with a white formal t shirt underneath, with the collars sticking out of the neck of the sweater, giving him the generic college student appearance. Sometimes he'll just wear a plain white shirt with a zip-up ski vest, but always manages to wear identical black pants, along with his old, worn out black running shoes. He needs them for his long treks across campus.

//occupation]
Student in New Washington College. Currently majoring in Art and Literature.

//location]
Washington, D.C

//theme song]
What I've Done - Linkin Park

Last edited:

Evarae

Name: James Mathews

Power: James's power is being able to create, control and manipulate forcefields. At first, these forcefields will only be able go around him or another person in a 2 metre (Approx) cubed dome. It will then progressively get bigger or smaller, depending on the situation. He won't be able to change the size of the forcefields, but he will eventually over time. He will be able to use these forcefields to trap people inside considering he is the only one who can travel through these domes, unless someone is touching him as they go through.

Once he is able to move these forcefields, he will be able to manipulate the shape of them, instead of the dome he first has. Ultimately, he will be able to use these forcefields as a offensive move, as well as his defensive one too. Eventually, when he has developed most of powers, he will be able to make more than one of these forcefields at a time. After time, he will also be able to make his forcefields reflect oncoming objects that hit the forcefield whenever he wants to

It takes a great deal of concentration to make these forcefields, but over time, it will require less and less. These forcefields will become stronger slightly every time he creates one. This power of James's is a voluntary one with concentration and a motivation (at first, but overtime won't need one for motivation).

Appearance: http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t179/Evarae_Mark/James2.jpg <- James’s face (Thanks Atlas)

His eyes and hair are of a hazel or brown colour, depending on person who sees him. He has somewhat of a beard beginning to grow as well. The rest of James’s appearance is quite simple. He’s about six foot tall, more or less and is reasonably fit for his age. He has intermediate length arms, but lengthy legs. His school doesn’t have a uniform, so his attire usually be seen wearing a navy blue, button-up, polo shirt. He also has a black leather jacket with read and white stripes from the sleeves, across the shoulders, right up to the top collar of the jacket. He also has cream (light brown) coloured jeans and normal white runners, with grey socks to finish up with. He also has a nice watch on his left wrist, a Lorus Sports brand.

Personality: People who go to school James would know him to be quiet and wouldn’t know much about him. His friends wouldn’t be of much help either, only that he kept to himself a bit. James is quiet, that’s for sure, but he is determined and can be charming if the situation calls for it, but not many people would of seen that part of him. He can be vague on important details if excited about something, but that doesn’t happen often. His bravery is not known at this point, but it could be presumed that he is for his age and background. He is shy around most people he doesn’t known, but especially girls because he finds them unpredictable.

Theme Song: Straight Lines - Silverchair

Last edited:

Swag

Young King
//name] Craig Moore Jr. (people call him CJ)
//age]19
//gender] Male

//power] Geokinesis: CJ has the power to control earth in all of it's aspects. Rock, dirt, trees, anything that is natural he can manipulate. He can also feel natural disasters (earthquakes, etc.) before they happen. The use of his power is connected to strong emotion. Be it happiness, sadness, anger, whatever, as long as he feels that emotion strongly it will trigger his power. This power probably stems from his love of the outdoors, which was nurtured when he was a child. He has a secret passion for animals as well, that no one outside his mother and father knows about. He's a vegetarian and an enviromentalist, with very strong views on the way people treat their planet. His power, while very strong, is severly underdeveloped.

//personality] CJ is your average college freshmen, reckless, footloose, and thinks he has the entire world figured out. He tends to be on the cocky side most of the time, with a sarcastic sense of humor that pisses off those who don't have a similar sense of humor. He dislikes authority, and always questions those who have it over him. He has a care-free "hakunamatata" look on life, and lives each day to the fullest. He has strong opinions on just about everything in life, and likes to be in the know about current events. He's into sports too, being on a winning basketball team in both middle and high school.

//appearance] [>>Picture//]
Seeing as CJ is a normal person, his clothes change from day to day. He has a very contradicting style, ranging from baggy "rapper" outfits, to band t-shirts and black jeans. This also reflects his taste in music, which is just as random as his clothes. From rap to rock, he likes it all except for country. He dislikes formal wear, and tries to stay away from it as much as humanly possible. His build is muscular, and he stands a solid six foot.

//theme song] Escape The Fate - Friends and Alibis

//location] Washington, D.C.

//occupation] Freshmen at New Washington College. He hasn't yet decided whether to major in Cinema or Literature.

Last edited:

Prophet

come and go
Website
www.facebook.com
Okay, I redid my powers. I had a feeling that it might be a little too much, so I had this second power ready to go.

//name] Adam Son (pronounced sun)
//age] 28
//gender] Male
//power]//power] Light Manipulation - Adam has the ability to manipulate photons of light, light being electromagnetic radiation at any wavelength (From gamma-rays to microwaves, etc.). He can control where these photons go at will, as well as at what wavelength they appear at. This means he can convert photons to different wavelengths, such as converting X-rays to gamma rays and etc.

This power initially manifests through Adam manipulating a field of photons around him, rendering him invisible. It can be considered somewhat as a form of 'illusion,' in which Adam bends photons to make himself elusive to the spectrum. While in this state of invisibility, Adam can move around unseen, but is still vulnerable to the other four senses.

As a gradual pursuit of his powers, Adam can learn to generate and manipulate these photons, allowing him to render objects of his choice completely unseen to the eye. All these objects, however, can be percepted through distortion in photographs of the invisible object as well as infra-red forms of detection. Manipulation of photons of light may also produce other aspects to his power... what could they be?

//personality] Adam is an interesting sort, loving to talk, but being relatively quiet at the same time. When he is with his friends and co-workers, he laughs, is social, and does his job well. However, he tends to somewhat go it alone otherwise, not socializing much outside of work, and not interacting with the outside world as much. He often uses his photons to hide himself, making himself invisible when he doesn't want to be disturbed.

//appearance] Adam stands at about 6 foot, with short, jet black hair that stands spiked up in the front. His eyes are a dark brown, almost blending in with his black pupils. His skin is slightly tanned, and his features are predominantly Asian, although his American heritage stands through without question. His limbs are long and his fingers are spindly. He appears to be fit, however not extrememly muscular. He usually wears a standard lab coat to the Laboratory, but casually, he wears a pair of jeans and a plain black shirt, oftentimes with an illuminated lightbulb on the front as the ignesia.

//occupation] Adam works as a proffesor and the head of the science department of the local college. He works doggedly on the latest experiments, most of them dealing with initial reality, and often uses his powers to get some things done. He has often been offered promotions to other, more prestigious colleges, but he has refused, wishing to remain in this college to live out his science career.

//theme song] Missing by Evanesence

//location] Washington, DC.

Last edited:

Zabazu

The Magic Man
I have actually decided to post my template now : D ( Sorry for my contradiction to my last message Crisis!)

//name// Ken Jacobs

//age] 22

//gender] Male

//power]
The power of manipulation of his own (For now) organic materials... this for now includes his mass and shape this power allows him to harden, soften, or even melt his skin. He can make it as hard as steel, as flexible as rubber, or he can even make himself a water- like substance to travel underneath doors. Which he will still hold some semiconscious awareness, although he will be incredibly stupid at this watery form, and only do what he originally wanted, so if there has been a change of plans, he is pretty much screwed unless he pulls himself together, and redoes the said process. This power though has questioned his perception of the initial reality in his life... This power also allows him to manipulate his appearance and look like someone else so he can infiltrate, and be used as a spy. Note that changing his appearance is a very painful process for him until he gets used to it... He often can change his skins density and hardness at the thought, but others he has to think about it for more.

He can also somewhat heal from this, but if is only mainly external wounds. Internal healing and hemorrhages he cannot do much for... if anything at all! He can in affect manipulate his body structure to dodge something, extremely fast. But it often pains him to do such.

//personality]:
Ken often is the middle man, trying to avoid conflicts between two people. He often places himself in unneeded positions for his friends, and tries his best to do for them whatever he can. He tries his hardest to be deemed loyal...but then again, sometimes his emotions take hold of him, and he ignores everything but what he wants to do... Also note he is an extremely mean drunk.

//appearance] [o noes, a third literate thing!]
His clothing changes day to day, but mainly consists of a grey t-shit, a decent sized black coat, and a nice dark blue pair of jeans. Other days he switches it up, but mainly he wears this. Since he can manipulate his appearance he has many personas, but his original is the most commonly used. He stands at 6'5 and has short brown hair, matching the brown hair with equally brown eyes, that seem friendly enough, but at the same time they pull a person away with the deepness, that seems to analyze you with every move. He his only two scars, one small one that mars his forearm, from a bar fight and another from a mugging where he had gotten stabbed in the stomach. They seemed to heal nicely, but they are still apparent on his darker white skin, that seems to have a little tan on it... But this is all can be changed except for his eye color, which stays the same for some reason.... Also he retains the same fingerprints, same dental patterns (smaller or larger if he has to look identical to someone else). He still manages to change his voice though. Otherwise he is a ' double', equivalent to an identical twin...

//occupation] College student, Intern at a newspaper as a photographer...

//theme song] Mad World: Gary Jules

//location] Chicago

Last edited:

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
Crisis accepted me (even though it doesn't show up in his first post). Whee for rp =D

Name: Rachael Tennons

Powers: In a simple term, Rachael is a shapeshifter. She does not turn herself into beasts, but humans. With a few seconds of studying, she can twist her DNA to be an exact replica of said person. Also, she can change her voice to match voices of others. But there is a fault in these two. Rachael can only change her appearence if she sees the person. Likewise, she can only change her voice to another if she heard the voice before. Other than that, her changes are very realistic.

Personality: Rachael is a quiet girl, only talking when needed too. She is not really a cold person, but cannot help to appear so. Love and happiness have little meaning to her. All she requires in life is good health, a sturdy job, and a suitable house. This does not mean she cannot show kindness to people. In fact, Rachael can be loyal and kind to those she trusts. To those she doesn't trust, she simply waves them away with a rather rude comment coupled by a cynical laugh.

Appearence: Rachael may be a female dog, but this does not mean she does not have fashion sense. She rather cares about her appearence more than people would think. To start, she normally wears a white shirt, made of cotton or silk, covered with a sleak black jacket, preferably with long sleeves. Next, she would casually wear black pants with slits traveling an inch up the pant leg with a cozy pair of black and brown sandals.

Rachael is a red head, but with a few strands dyed orange, appearing as if her head was on fire. Unlike the rest of her looks, her green eyes are peaceful and calm. And yet, they forebod danger, like the calm sea before a storm. She stands about 5'5'' tall and does not tell her weight to anyone.

Theme Song: Bad Reputation - Joan Jett

Last edited:

Crisis Break

Hopeless Idealist
OOC] This is my one and only OOC post. Keep in mind that this will also serve as the roleplay's calendar of sorts, this post the holder of current events' summary of the roleplay thus far. Since the roleplay hasn't officially started yet, this is a placeholder. Also, everyone, edit your templates with //theme song] and //location] [location being Chicago or D.C.]. Zets, PM me your template- you're automatically accepted, although I'll need it for reference. I'll edit the main thread soon with acceptances.

Also, many are college students in this roleplay. Since this roleplay should be a little diverse, make people have jobs at the local theatre or as a volunteer in the hospital or something. Just because there are only two destinations doesn't mean you have to be born in D.C. or Chicago. Plan for your histories to be born in another place, and moved to one of the locations coincidentally. xD

...Aside from that, I see many grammar and punctuation errors. Should, by tommorow, these errors are not fixed, you will be ejected from the roleplay. =D Better start fixing your templates. Literacy, people. Nazi literacy.

ROLEPLAY LAUNCHED...NOW

Last edited:

Crisis Break

Hopeless Idealist
[h e r o e s]: initial reality ---- BEGINS NOW, May 8th, 2007.

Christian Ordelas
Chicago, Illinois

It was a cold, typical day in Chicago. Newly formed ice rested amongst the windows of the numerous apartment buildings that resided in the city, and miniature pools of water lined along the rooftop shingles from last night's rainfall. The water was infested with dead carcasses of bugs and an amass of dirt and treeleaves, and was non-existent to the bustling Windy City. Speaking of the wind, it was fluctuating, a collected form of energy, flailing rapidly across the streets in an indiscriminate violence, tearing down posters and adding a twist to the coldness of Chicago.

However, the morning was a beautiful sight- sunlight creeping on one side of the largest city in Illinois, its amber orange hue sparkling its light across the whole city in a serene tone. There was no yelling or signs of chaos in the city, a first for Chicagoer in ages. The particular overseer of the vastness of the city? Christian Ordelas, estranged staff writer of the Chicago Tribune. The building, just opposite from the river, presented the alpha world city's beauty in Ordelas' office window, which led him to be distracted. Little did he know that in mere days, his life, and the life of others would be forever changed in the tides of genetics.

"Ordelas... you driftin' from your job?" The staff writer turned from the window, to see a worn-out face with a sight of pure, delectable examples of heaven in his hands- two cups of Starbucks coffee. Christian laughed as he took a cup and indulged in a long, heavy drink, already feeling the caffeine perk up his depressionistic mornings. "...Nah, Damien. Just catching up on Chicago's good times... it's almost been two months already..." He sipped the drink again, accidentally allowing a drizzle of the good stuff drip along his blue buttoned shirt.

"Right. It's been two months since Michelle left you." Christian's co-worker, Damien, sat beside him, eyeing him with an obvious look of concern. Everyone in the whole office was concerned. Michelle and Christian Ordelas, the ideal couple, had been in wedlock for almost one year. Today, May 8th, would've been the year mark, hadn't she left him two months before. Ordelas couldn't understand it. He couldn't comprehend any reasons about why she could've left him- they were perfect together.

Damien patted Christian's back and smiled. "Ey, it's not so bad. Being single, I mean. Christian, we're all worried about you. Smile once in a while, alright?" He pointed at himself, almost chuckling at his good-intentioned humor. The staff writer reverted his distant gaze into a photo of Michelle on his desk to Damien. Now, Damien was Christian's confidant, and one of the only people in the office that he had hung out with outside of work besides Michelle. He had this way of smiling at everything you said to him, and could easily cheer someone up just by looking at him.

"Alright, Damien. So what is it that you need? Another extension for your story?" Ordelas asked, leaning on his chair as his eyes narrowed. Damien smiled mischievously and pulled out a concept report, to which he threw to Christian. "Do me a favor and do this story, alright? It's for my niece." The staff writer groaned in protest, but Damien was serious. "No, she's done really well and the family wants her honored. C'mon, put the story in tommorow's paper.. please? Do this favor for me." The staff writer thought about it, but as if Damien was reading his mind, he argued, "You're the staff writer. You can do anything."

After what had seemed like minutes of awkward staring, Christian nodded to Damien's glee. "Aww, thanks bud. Tonight we're gonna find you a girl," Damien said as he ducked out of Christian's office. Flipping through the pages, he immediately examined the premise of the story, examining how it could be integrated by tommorow's paper. "NASA teen aids with launch... it could work." Noting down the address and name of the school, he grabbed his coat, and began his trek to Clayton South High.​

[ooc] Worst post evah. xD

Prophet

come and go
Website
www.facebook.com
Adam Son
Washington DC

New Washington College...

The moment was tense. The atmosphere electric. And despite the fact that he was the only one in the room, Adam felt the buzzing adrenaline of a thousand people. His face shone with shiny sweat, slightly dripping down his face as he held two beakers forth from his body, one of the glass container's holding a deep violet liquid, the other holding a great deep crimson syrup-like substance. His hands were steady, and his focus concentrated, his entire body focused in this one moment. He slowly twisted his hand, tipping the beaker so that the scarlet syrup slowly began to flow to the opening of the beaker, beginning to drip down slowly to the violet liquid, Adam's face completely absorbed in what he was doing. This could be it... nothing could stop it now...

"Hey Professor Son, can I ask you about my essay?"

The voice shook Adam from his revery, the vibrations shocking him out of his trancelike state. His hand jerked suddenly, and his eyes widened in horror as the crimson syrup lost control, a greater volume of the scarlet goo than he had intended falling toward the violet goo. Time seemed to go by slow, the great glob of the bloodlike substance falling like a raindrop contaminated by the the Plague. It fell, slowly, succulantly, collapsing quickly into the violet liquid, which began to bubble and froth instantly, the reaction taking place faster than Adam had ever planned.

"Holy $*** Professor!" the student behind him screamed, and Adam hurled the beaker from his hand, raising his hand, his eyes focusing greatly, a strange glimmer rising in his ebony orbs. Without any great effect, the glass beaker smashed against the wall, the violet liquid running down the laboratory walls like purple graffiti.

"I'm sorry," gasped the student, who rushed to Proffesor Son's aid, "I didn't mean... I mean, I didn't try... I'm sorry."

"It's fine," mumbled Adam, motioning with his hand, "I'll talk with you about your essay later, after I clean this up." The student nodded and practically ran away like a deer from a chasing lion. Adam sighed and stared at the broken glass and violet liquid. It could have been a lot worse. He had been experimenting with liquid sodium and a form of water. This experiment would have generated a dull, constant glow; Adam's prototype for the eternal lightbulb. However, the overdose of the liquid sodium would have blinded them both, if he hadn't done some... unusual intervention...

It was one of the only times Adam had tried making something other than himself invisible, and he was glad it worked this time. It hadn't worked in his youth trying to hide things from his dad... He laughed at this thought and slowly began to clean up his mess in the Laboratory of New Washington College.

Last edited:

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
Rachael Tennons
Chicago, Illinios

Another brisk morning in the beautiful city of Chicago would bring a small smile to her face, if it was morning. The sun was high and there was not a single cloud in the sky. Even though it was feezing, she liked it that way. Anyone else would say it was a glorious afternoon. But they were wide awake. Sadly, she was not. It seemed last night her alarm was "accidently" unplugged. No alarm, no rising before the sun. And on all of all days to sleep in, this was truly not one of them.

The beams of the afternoon sun woke up Rachael Tennons. She turned away from the bright light, trying to get back to sleep. Click. She shot up from her bed and nearly fell off. She grabbed her alarm clock and glared at it like it was the clock's fault before chucking it at the nearest wall. It would take Rachael about two minutes to fix her bed, five minutes to get dressed, ten minutes to groom herself, and then she would be ready for the day. Or at least half a day. This still was not enough for today was important. Today would had been the day to get a job.

One problem for Rachael was that she could never stick with a job. The pay was always good so she never left the jobs willingly. It seemed they always fired her. Most of the time, it was her attitude. No one wants a snippy, rude, and heartless person as their co-worker anymore. The other half of the time is not really her fault. An attractive women in a workplace with men in it is challenging. Rachael is not one to let others touch her at all. This leads to broken noses and jaws, which obviously leads to a nice little pink slip on your desk. Yet, she never gave up. No way in hell was she going to give up her apartment now.

In exactly seventeen minutes, Rachael was out the door. It was too late to get breakfast, so she would have to get a bite along the way. In her hands with a newspaper marked with red circles. This was her list of possible jobs that she would visit today. Lucky for her they were close-by, making it unnecessary to catch a bus. Off she went with only her bag and a newspaper. Hopefully, she said to herself, I can get a job that will last at least a month.

Last edited:

Nebula Zero

THE GREATEST ATTACK EVER
Awards
Atlas Adonis
Washington, D.C

At New Washington College..

"No, that's not it.."

A young man sat in his dormitory room, studying meticulously, lost in his own thought. He needed to study. He needed to pass. Such was the troubles of a grad student, aiming to do what every grad student wishes to do; get the hell out of here. Tapping his left foot, writing with his right hand, the pressure was mounting. They said he should calm down, that he should take it easy. No, he couldn't. His mind enamored by his job at hand, everything else seemed listless. But the pressure only deepened, Atlas barely noticing his roommate come in. His name was Peter, majoring in Philosophy and Technology, but still knew how to have fun. After speaking words that Atlas didn't hear, he retreated to his room.

Clenching his hair, he grit his teeth, the grinding sound it produced an echo only he can hear. All of this work had given him a headache. He had to get this right. He had to graduate. He felt a slight rumble in his head. He looked around for what had been a long time of just studying. The rumble was gone. But it came back as his eyes met the paper, Atlas turning back once more. Soon, the rumbling became a full on earthquake. Pressing against his temples, he let out a small cry of agony, his voice becoming a crescendo of emotion, and soon reached a fortissimo.

THUD!

Atlas snapped out of it, dazed. The loud sound came from his roommate's room. His heart beating wildly, he paced quickly to the door and opened it. Peter laid on the floor, knocked out. He tried to wake him up, but to no avail. Desperate, he called 911. They came swiftly, taking him into the ambulance. Wanting to see what happened, he accompanied them. The rumbling ceased, his headache gone.

Sitting on a small chair in the waiting room, the smell of disinfectant and medicine filled his nostrils, the sounds of the clock off in the distance. After a few nurses and a doctor passed him by, the doctor looking after Peter came. Almost reacting on sight, Atlas quickly rose from his chair in anticipation.

"How is he, doctor?" he said anxiously.

"He's going to be fine. Fainting from exhaustion is normal for college students."

"Exhaustion..? But, he was fine when he came in the dorm.."

"Really? Apparently, he had collapsed from exhaustion. It seemed to come from a lot of stress. Has he been doing anything strenuous lately?"

"No.."

"Interesting..want to see him?"

Nodding, Atlas followed him to Peter's room. Peter's eyelids slowly lifted, his eyes meeting Atlas. A small smile curved from his lips, too weak to do anything. None of this made sense. But, he just had to play along. Sitting on the chair next to the hospital bed, Peter uttered a small groan.

"Hey." said Peter, his voice barely heard by Atlas.

"Hey man..can you remember what happened?" Atlas inquired. Peter looked around, as if he was trying to remember.

"I was fine when I came in my room. But all of a sudden..I just blacked out. I woke up here. I feel so weak, like I ran a marathon or something. I just..want..to.." he said, drifting off to sleep before he could finish his sentence. Atlas got up, taking his leave. Silence was the only thing he could say at this point. What could he say? The graduate student retreating to his dorm, he lay on the couch, contemplating on the current events. He rose, haunted by a thought.

Could he..have had something to do with this?

Nah, he answered himself, lying back down to sleep.

Last edited:

Swag

Young King
CJ Moore
Washington, DC

CJ was sprawled out on the couch in his dorm asleep, as usual. The area around him look like a war zone, with random guys and girls sprawled out on the floor. The dorm was completely trashed, and you could tell that the night before had been seriously fun. All of a sudden snapping out of his sleep, CJ looked around with hazy eyes.

"What happened last night..."

He said to noone in particular, rubbing the sleep from his eyes. Look down, he saw a beautiful blonde haired girl asleep with her head between his legs. Oh, that's what. he thought to himself. Sitting up on the couch, knocking the girl to the floor, CJ forced himself up and staggared through the dorm; nearly tripping over each and every person he passed.

Finally making it to his room, CJ grabbed his cell phone which lay on the dresser. Picking it up and sitting down on his bed, he clicked through his contacts untill he found one entitled "Baby". Hitting the "call" button, CJ put the phone to his ear.

"Hello?"

"Hey baby, good morning."

"Good morning to you too boy, what you up to?"

"Oh nothing," he said while letting out a yawn, "just waking up from a long night of studying."

"Oh, studying huh? That's nice..."

There was a long silence on the phone, until finally CJ questioned it.

"Baby, is there something wrong?"

"Something wrong? SOMETHING WRONG? How about you lying to me just now CJ, that's what's wrong. I know exactly what you did last night, partying with all them nasty girls. I can't take this anymore C, I'm not gonna play the fool and let you continue to hurt me."

"But baby I-"

All that could be heard was the dial-tone, and CJ closed the phone and put it back on the dresser. Laying back on his bed, CJ closed his eyes. She would calm down eventually, and once she did he would get her back just like he always did. But for now, he was gonna get some sleep. He figured he had about a good hour until his alarm signaled his first class. There was no way it was noon yet...

BOOP BOOP BOOP BOOP BOOP BOOP BOOP

Reaching beside him and hitting the off button, CJ reopened his eyes and stared straight up at the ceiling.

"Great."

Zabazu

The Magic Man
Ken Jacobs
Chicago; Illinois

At Northwestern College

Ken was in the middle of a long and boring test in his history class at the college he attended. He couldn’t help himself from drifting off and thinking about stuff. Random stuff.... Cows with milk bottle wings... Amazonians... All of that good stuff. He had finished the test though, and that’s why it was particularly boring. He had nothing to do. No paper to draw on, no books to read. He did have a PSP and a DS with him, but he’d most likely get yelled at, which his teacher seemed to do very so often. So he just stared at the wall... Waiting. Time seemed to pass so slow... The thought of getting out and going to his job tantalized him. He then started to tap his foot.

Only 6 minutes to go.

*Tap*...*Tap*...*Tap*

A girl near him looked back with annoyance. She then shook her head and turned back to her work, scribbling in what she could before time was up. Ken could only snort under his breath. He had never liked her, and she had shown her own dislike of his usual jovial ways. He then decided to doze off... until the bell rang with a loud and mind piercing ring.

*ZIIIIIIIII...ZIIIIIIII...ZIIIIIII*

He looked up at the clock after he was woken, and got up quickly. He had to get to the newspaper so he could do his job. They had considered it first as an ' Internship', but he soon proved he was worth the job, and they had hired him as their photographer. It was odd, the sense of accomplishment that came from it. He then got out of the room, and then eventually the campus. He hailed a cab... He had to get there. He then got into the first cab and told the driver his destination.

They started to drive, barely hitting any traffic. He looked out the window, and stared at the passing buildings. Ken popped up his PSP, and plugged in the headphones, listening to music. They stopped eventually around the 2nd song. The cab driver turned around and asked for his fee; which was about 15 dollars. Ken had to get his own damn car. This was a nightmare... He gave it to the man and then got out, getting his things and going into the building. He pulled out his camera from his bag that he brought to college and walked up to their offices. Walking in and going up to the desk for his next assignment, expecting to go up to the secretary and them just...give it to him.

The secretary lazily looked up and gave him a folder, with the job. He flipped it open and looked through it, seeing that the assignment was taking a picture of a military hero coming home from the latest war. He told the secretary he was on it and left, it being close enough that he could walk to it. It was 12 blocks away, but the conference wasn’t for another hour. He would make it. Ken started to walk, taking his sweet time and thinking about things. He suddenly felt weird. It was his hand. In worry he stared at it, seeing it was seemingly shifting around. It didn’t hurt, but he was shocked. He quickly covered it up and in panic started to run. He ran and ran, looking for the nearest alley. Maybe it was just a trick of his mind. He wasn’t sure....

Last edited:

Evarae

James Mathews
Chicago, Illinois

The cool breeze from outside had swept through the classroom in Clayton South High School. This breeze was what woke James Mathews from his daydreaming that he usually performed during class. He was sitting at his desk; his head was lying on his arms on the desk. He shifted his head slightly to observe what was going on around him. He was in Physics, doing a prac involving rubber bands. His group had already finished and were using the rubber bands for flinging at people. James had his own batch next to his head, but wasn’t ready to use them yet. His friends weren’t the most popular ones in school, but they were better than his old ones.

James lifted his head from the table and lead back on his chair, so that it was on two legs now. The chair was now up against the table behind him, meaning that he fall back and smash his skull open. He gazed to left and sighed softly. His eyes were laid upon Laurel Terret, one of the smartest girls in his year level, who was in most of his classes. She was roughly his height, probably a half a foot smaller than him, give or take. She was a brunette with long hair and hazel eyes. James had taken a liking towards her since he had met her, however he knew she was out of his league. She hanged out with the more popular people in his year level, while he was nearer to the other end of that scale. She had smiled at him a few times in class, but they were very brief. He needed to get her attention somehow. He thought about for half a minute until he stared at the rubber bands that were in front of him.

He picked one up and placed it around his right thumb and forward finger. He had it presented like it was a gun, but less lethal. He positioned his right hand towards Laurel Terret. She was facing away from him, helping the other people in her group finish off the prac. He slowly lowered his thumb, and after it was low enough, it fired across the room. It hit Laurel at the back of her head, which wasn’t what James was aiming for. He was aiming for her back, but it gave the same result. She turned around to see James, grinning away and beginning to chuckle as well. She gave him a look of annoyance at first when her partners were looking at her, but once they turned away, she changed her expression. She smiled back at James and turned back to help her friends again. James was now in a better mood than before.

The bell went for the period to end and everyone finished up their work and handed in their results to the teacher. His friends already handed their work in and began to head out of class. Michael, probably his best friend of the lot turned around.

“Meet ya at the tree when you’ve finished” he told James, and then he turned around to catch up with the others.

James pushed himself back up so the chair was on four legs again and got up. He handed his results in and began to head out of class. The teacher had already left after she had collected everyone’s work, but some students stayed around the classroom to hang out. Some of these students were Laurel and her friends. Just as James got to the door, one of Laurel’s friends, John had blocked his way.

“What was with the rubber band nerd?” asked John, shoving James back with his hands.

“It was an accident” lied James, not wanting his really attentions to be revealed. John didn’t buy the story.

“Yeah, whatever. You shouldn’t have done that because now I’m gonna make you pay for it” threatened John, cracking his knuckles with each fist preparing to punch James.

“Stop!”

A voice, which James recognised intervened John’s strike. It was Laurel. She was standing up and was heading over to John and James. She stopped between them both and placed her hands on her hips, facing John.

“Why do you have to try to punch someone when someone does anything to me?” Laurel asked John. “He said it was an accident. Just leave him alone”. She turned around to face James, only a few feet away from him.

“I’m sorry about this” she apologised to James.

“Don’t be. It wasn’t your fault” answered James and he walked past her and headed outside of the classroom.

Last edited:

Prophet

come and go
Website
www.facebook.com
Adam Son
Washington D.C.

Adam sighed as he locked up the laboratory, pocketing his key and walking down the long, now empty, hallway. In the morning this hall would be packed with students, trying to make up a needed credit, or using the lab to finish up a soon due project. But it was late at night, and it was long after hours. Adam had stayed because he was still working on his experiment... The eternal lightbulb... Adam sighed, staring at his hand, flexing it experimentally. What had inspired him to work on such a thing?

You know... a voice said inside him, and he frowned, shaking his head and moving a bit faster down the hall, Your... gift...

"It's not a gift," he muttered to himself, continuing to stride down the hall, his lab coat still trailing behind him like a silvery cape, "Whatever I've done... it's all in my head... none of it is real..."

You just admitted it a little while ago.... he thought to himself, arguing with himself, trying to make sense of it all, That reaction would have blinded you both if you hadn't... intervened...

"The chemicals must have not reacted, it must have been some kind of fluke..." muttered Adam again, flexing his hand nervously, continuing to move faster down the hall, "There is a perfectly reasonable explanation for all this..."

Reasonably explain that... said his mind again, and he stared down, mouth agape in shock at his now empty sleeve. His hand was gone. His sleeve still was held upright, as if there was an arm inside it, but his hand was completely gone. There was no denying it now...

"Unusual intervention," muttered Adam again, feeling his hand flex invisibly in it's sleeve, and his hand reeapeared suddenly, visible again, each finger moving as if nothing had happened... So it was true... The invisibilty, the vanishing explosion of light, everything... He had laughed back in the lab, remembering the memories of vanishing toys, dissapearing homework, but his mirth had come out of a desperation to deny it... There was no lying now...

Crisis Break

Hopeless Idealist
[00C] Bump. We can't let this thing just die.

Christian Ordelas
Illinois, Chicago

"Our high school, Clayton South, is a prominent public school teeming with countless opportunities for success..." the principal droned on, Christian barely hanging on the ledge of boredom as he scribbled notes down. "Laurel Terret has been doing a terrific job of projecting that... that is why last summer, she applied for a summer program helping the astronauts over by NASA for their probe launch to Mars. Quite the prodigy." Christian's head jerked up at the name. "Okay, so do you want the story to center on the accomplishments of Terret, or at the accomplishments of the school?" The principal narrowed her eyes in an almost comedic fashion. "At Terret, of course! Laurel is bright and accomplished. Poised for any job. She could even be President if she wanted!" Ordelas nodded slightly, before turning to a girl stealthily watching them. "That her?"

"I'm sorry about this..." Laurel said, her eyes desperately searching James', hoping for a sign of forgiveness. John was a jerk. An insignificant jock with a artificial life, meandered with football statistics and the familiarity with fast food dinners. Though she was a relatively popular girl, she stood out in terms of intellect. She'd applied for a NASA summer program, and actually enjoyed computing files and directing transcripts of project information. Laurel never knew that NASA was so open with their project files. James shrugged it off, and replied with "Don't be. It wasn't your fault." Withdrawing into the classroom, Laurel sighed, silently cursing at herself for the inability to say something more casual.

At a looking glance, she stared at the assistant principal and a journalist, who stared back at her. "Oh no, is the assistant principal writing a story on me? Ugh... more publicity for the school." Disgusted, she grabbed her books and ran towards James, desperate to rekindle their conversation.​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back