• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

[Heroes] Collaboration Search!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crisis Break

Hopeless Idealist
Okay, so here's the deal; I have a roleplay, based on the TV show 'Heroes'. It is inspired by the show as well as being a farewell tribute to Zetsumi's leave. I'm trying to organize everything together, but it'll be hard by myself. So; that's where you might possibly come in. You can be enlisted as a collaborator of the roleplay! These are aspects of the model collaborator should you consider being a part of:

- Fan of 'Heroes', the T.V. show
- Medium to high skilled roleplaying literacy
- Organized and able to scan through posts
- Dedicated to the roleplay and active
- Possessing respect and admiration for Zets [that's a given ;P]

Some of the above listed are optional, and some aren't. If you indeed want to be a collaborator, post in this thread and I'll elaborate on some details. I need a total of [two] collaborators to aid my cause, preferrably having access to MSN for plot talks. Thanks for listening and give it a shot! xD

Collaborating Idealists [pending collaborators as well as helpful adivsors]:
[KHFanatic4565]
[Nebula Zero]

Collaborating Partners [collaborators enlisted that are in the project]:
[Evarae]
[D2L]

If enough people are willing for the job, I'll pick the best chosen, and then those that wanted to be collaborators could join the roleplay. This is an organized way of creating a roleplay, but this is a tribute to Zets! Show some love and aid the cause. xD Give me some plot ideas too, and I'll add you to the Collaborating Idealists list for a nice thank-you note attached to the roleplay.

Last edited:

KHFanatic4565

Oblivion Angel
I respect Zets, but do not admire him. I manipulate my opponents in battles by reading their templates. I watch the show, & am skilled in the art of my work. The only issue is I lack MSN, but I would still enjoy being a collaborator.

Crisis Break

Hopeless Idealist
No problem. Having MSN is a preferrable luxury, so that we can discuss plot talks. If you want, you can be a Collaborating Idealist and provide me advice on the overall story. And by saying 'respect and admiration,' I mean admiration for newbies in the start of roleplaying, and respect for the intermediate to high-level roleplayers.

Evarae

I'd like to help out as well. Me and Zets go way back to the begining when I joined almost 2 years ago. However, in the recent bits, I haven't Rped as muched as I would of liked to, but I'm getting back into the swing of things again. Used to rp a lot back in 2005 and early 2006. I watch Heroes all the time when it's on and I always read previous posts made by people and read their templates to understand their character.

My skills are pretty good and I already have an idea for character if you let me help. I have MSN, which does help a bit, however, I'm in Australia, so I could be on at different times to you. I'm also a keen writer, writing one story at the moment, which will take time and care. Along with that, I also have a few ideas in my head, buzzing around.

Nebula Zero

THE GREATEST ATTACK EVER
Awards
I'd like to partake in this. Zets loves my fan fiction(which I have yet to restart), and Zets is awesome at what he does. And Heroes is pure win, as I watch it all the time(and just recently read the graphic novels), making it the best of both worlds. I'm a good RPer I guess, and I try to analyze as best as I could. Many thanks if I can be considered, my email is in my profile.

Crisis Break

Hopeless Idealist
Evarae and Nebula Zero, noted. Do you want to be Collaborating Partners, as in completely dedicated and one of the sole collaborators? Or a Collaborating Idealist, someone who might take part in the roleplay as well as provide advice and helpful plot ideas?

And Nebula, who doesn't love your fanfic? I know I do. xD

Nebula Zero

THE GREATEST ATTACK EVER
Awards
Lol, yus :3

I'd like to be the Idealist. I want to be in the RP too, ya know. Who doesn't want to be in a Heroes RP? :3

Evarae

I'll definitely take part in the Heroes Rp. Like Nebula said, who doesn’t? I guess I could be a collaboration partner, but I don't mind being an Idealist as well. You choose Crisis. I’ll pm you my MSN later if you want to talk more about it.

And I have to agree; your fan-fic is great Nebula.

Swag

Young King
I'll help you out Abso, I've always respected you as an RPer.
you are one of the few who I always enjoy RPing with.

Crisis Break

Hopeless Idealist
I'll help you out Abso, I've always respected you as an RPer.
you are one of the few who I always enjoy RPing with.

Awesome, D2L! xD I've respected you too, considerably at the way you've grown as a roleplayer. Your Exodus roleplay was a good one, regardless of its length.

So, in helping me out, what do you mean? Do you want to be an Idealist, who just gives advice and info and maybe takes part in the roleplay? Or a Partner, who is required to be in the roleplay and one of the main people affiliated with the project. I'm planning this to be reminiscent to the template of the Heroes show, with people in different locations. Partners are the main guys in the roleplay; Idealists are just helpers.

Crisis Break

Hopeless Idealist
Okay, everyone besides Evarae, send me all your MSN addresses. In the case of KHFanatic, provide me with any way possible to contact you outside of KHI. All addresses will be sent through PM for sake of privacy. Then we will discuss plot ideas, integral roles, and formulate our story together! Zets, if you're reading this, then you're about to be blown away.

[h e r o e s]: initial reality
"Our story begins... now."​

Endgame

:D
Oh, I've been following it intrepidly from the beggining...and I've got to say, I'm flattered. Probably a bad time to point out that I'm already starting to get back on here more often, but yeah.

Perhaps a contribution...

The essences of Heroes is it's well-written storyline, and the suspense it creates. Keep in mind that, even should an RP have much more combat then the TV show, that combat should be built up across a period of several 'episodes'. This type of stuff is why I could never get a Heroes RP off the ground by myself. Also, having ties between the characters that are not instantly apparent will assist with replicating the show's list of characters.

Crisis Break

Hopeless Idealist
Hah, Zets, you read my mind. The layout of the roleplay is going to be vastly unique; separated into three groups in different places. I'm planning this to be the first 'episode' of the RP, vastly differentiating into hopefully many more episodes of our own Heroes. Subtle connections is quite the interesting idea; I believe I should integrate that into this little tribute.

Still, this was made for a tribute, so even if you're gone or you're not, we're making this work. =D Zets, if you're on the team that is making a tribute for YOU, then it's nice to see that ego rising again. Haha. Well, needless to say, if Zets is helping out with this, that makes this little collab the more the merrier.

Crisis Break

Hopeless Idealist
What is evolution? A question not specifically answered. A simple dictionary would detail evolution as 'a process of gradual, peaceful, progressive change or development, as in social or economic structure or institutions.' Years of theories and studies of evolution prove to be true; though, one stood out in the many. A geneticist once described evolution as a means for survival, a genetic push into the next steps of future humanity. He believed that in recent days, ordinary people had adapted, evolved; became an example of evolution.

Had he truly been a madman? In truth, his theories proved entirely correct. Throughout the entirety of the world, a vast amount of people had reported strange... occurrences. The world had been furthered into the evolutionary chain; but at what cost? Without knowledge on how to control these powers, many find themselves lost, confused, afraid. Evolution is not what it has seemed to be; the process was not gradual, nor is it peaceful. Our initial reality has been shattered by the science of evolution; and for that, many do not understand their powers.

- JOURNAL ENTRY, xx/xx/xxxx by [UNIDENTIFIED PERSON(S)]

//rules]

As you might realize, this is a farewell tribute to [Zetsumi], one of the most distinguished roleplayers of KHI whom we all know and love. Also, you might notice, this is a possible remake to his unfortunate ill-fated roleplay, {Heroes}, which was inspired by the show, 'Heroes'.

The method of joining is simple; PM me your aspired character's template, and I'll see to it a prompt answer of acceptance or rejection is given. If you protest to any of my judgements or actions, please do not hesitate to speak with me through PM. Do not, I repeat, do not post in this thread with any template without my approval. If you do, unintentionally or otherwise, you will be immediately rejected and be asked to leave the thread promptly.

Now, here is the little detail about powers. Like Zet's rules, I will only allow powers of the mental variety. Be creative and make your own power; if need be, consult me about a power you want that might seem a little bit out of the guidelines. However, since this is a real life-based roleplay, I discourage powers of the supernatural variety [i.e. teh godes Kali gave me pwer after I destroyed warriors!!oneone11]. There is also a restrict on certain powers, regarding:

- Telekinesis. This power is really overused. I won't allow anyone to have it, unless you consult me with a reasonable.. excuse. 'i want teh power!11onenone!!!' won't cut it as an excuse, either.
- Pyrokinesis, hydrokinesis, electrokinesis, aerokinesis [fire, water, thunder, air]. These are common too. Though they are acceptable in this roleplay, I don't want this to become a repetitive choice.

This roleplay will not extend to ten pages, and as such, I want those pages to be filled with the story of our ordinary heroes, instead of meaningless OOC. So no posting until I say it is acceptable. The reason of its ten page mark is that I hope to make this a series roleplay; this is only but a chapter of the stories I have invented in my head.

The rules of the actual roleplay are parallel to others; no god-modding, no powerplaying. The password is 'initial reality.' Just like that. Put it somewhere inconspicuous, and DO NOT underline or bold it to make me see it. I will look to find it. Literacy is not an option; you either have it, or you don't. Sorry to be mean or anything, but texting-like posts and lacking of grammar and punctuation will result in your eventual leave of this thread. I'm sorry; this is not a newbie-educational roleplay. No machine-gunning, and no deaths of any characters unless the character's maker allows so. Activeness is also an integral key to success, as well as cohesion; keep EVERYONE involved. Don't leave someone out, there's always a way to include someone.

The premise of the story is simple; ordinary people discover things out of the ordinary; able to shift reality, able to levitate in mid-air, able to manipulate the weather. With these powers, they find themselves confused, lost, or maybe just the opposite; determined, happy, grateful. However, it all comes to this; there is a catastrophe coming, one that will decimate millions of lives. Will these people bond together to stop this event? It's all up to you.

Also, as a sidenote; there is three groups of 'heroes' in different places, each containing three people in it. Each group will govern its own location and interact with each other in some way. Should 2/3 of the group wish to switch locations entirely, they may do so. These various groups will meet up at the end of the chapter to unite in a circumstance revealed in the journal entry opening above. This roleplay is also separate in reality from the Heroes world, meaning there is no Nathan and Peter Petrelli, Claire Bennet, The Haitian or Mohinder Suresh. This is a completely new world. =]

//groups]
The names have no difference to your character or its powers; it is merely a way to distinguish a group from one another. At each of your beginning posts, put your name and the place you are at, to keep with the style of Heroes. An example is:

Christian Ordelas
Manhattan, New York

Followed with a post. This keeps things in order as well as differentiating from diverse locations.

DAWN
= Los Angeles, CA (California)
- Person One/Power [Username]
- Person Two/Power [Username]
- Person Three/Power [Username]

MIDDAY
= Midland, TX (Texas)
- Person One/Power [Username]

DUSK
= Manhattan, NY (New York)
- Christian Ordela / Life [Crisis Break/Absolution_Fear]

//template]
I have no intention of testing your literacy by expecting you to write million-word biographies and adequate personalities. All you have to do is elaborate on this simple profile and post at least two paragraphs in length for posts. Here is the basic template that you have to PM to me:

//name] [Self-explanatory]
//age] [18-30 preferred]
//gender] [Male or female]
//power] [Elaborate on the power's uses, limits, and all its aspects. This is the only thing that requires you to use literacy]
//occupation] [Student of Union Wells High School? Manager of Primatech Paper Company? Unemployed?]

Crisis Break

Hopeless Idealist
Keep in mind the roleplay will not start until Friday, May 4th, parallel to Spiderman 3's release for a more heroic tone. All collaborators, please try to be on MSN today, Tuesday, May 1st, at 8:00 PM. I don't know which time, the time that's in California. xD

No OOC posts or anything at all will be posted after this.

And Zets, please be on MSN too!! *waves arms*

Endgame

:D
Unfortunatly, I'll have to decline.

8 PM is something like...4 in the morning for me, and I have lectures at 8 AM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back