• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Heroes & Villains: Destiny

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crimson Jazz

You ain't got no YEEZY!?!
Destiny

Have you ever wanted to know what it is like to see heroes and villains go at it? Then, boy, do I have a story for you.

________________________________________________​

September 7, 2011. 7:30 AM Central Time.

It was a beautiful day in Chicago, Illinois. Beautiful 80 degree weather, with a slight breeze of wind coming through. The Cubs were playing later today, kids were getting ready for their first day of the new school year, and the city was at peace. But then, there's always the petty criminals attempting to ruin a perfect day.

"Attention all cars, attention all cars. We have a robbery in process at Chicago Municipal Bank. The robbers are said to be heavily armed and dangerous. Repeat, robbers are heavily armed and dangerous. "

A young African-American adult was standing on the rooftop of a three-story building, listening to his trusty portable police scanner. He was wearing yellow and black spandex, and a smile grew on his face as he heard the policewoman report the bank robbery. He turned the scanner off and placed it into his laptop's bag. He looked towards the the direction in which the bank was, seeing the lights of the police cars. The man was confident that he could stop this robbery.

"Hero time." the young man spoke. He took a running start, jumped off the rooftop and landed onto another. He was a mere two blocks away from the bank. As he jumped from rooftop to rooftop, he could hear the police sirens getting louder. Eventually, within three minutes, he reached the bank. Now just how would he get in there? There were too many bullets being fired for him to make his entrance through the front or back doors. Perhaps he could use a riot shield.

He jumped from off of the rooftop he was standing on and grabbed a riot shield that was sitting next to a SWAT truck. With this shield, he could dodge the barrage of bullets and safely enter the bank from the front entrance. He charged through the front doors, surprising the robbers. They all stopped firing, taking a moment to examine him. The leader of the robbers was standing in the middle of the bank, holding what seemed to be a detonator. He removed his mask and began to acknowledge the hero.

"So. You finally showed up, Power Man."

Power Man. That was his name. A symbol for justice. A beacon of hope. One of Chicago's finest heroes.

"Oh, you know who I am?" Power Man asked.

The leader snarled at Power Man and replied, "Oh yeah. I know who you are. Your face is pasted all over the TV everyday. Not to mention the fact that you got my buddy Tim sent to prison for ten years."

"Tim was your friend? Well, I can gladly send you to see him, if that's what you want." Power Man said. He was trying to work the leader's nerves. And it seemed to be working.

"NO! You see, I set this whole gig up, JUST so I can see you and ask you a favor. Well actually, It's not a favor, it's more of a....DEMAND. Power Man, I want you break open that vault and help me and my gang take out the $200 million dollars lying in there."

Power Man looked over at the vault, and then quickly turned his attention back to the leader.

"No." Power Man bravely stated.

The leader laughed, but soon put on a serious face. He raised the detonator above his head and said, "Either you do it, or I blow us all to hell."

The leader and his gang had strapped C4 to every innocent civilian in the bank. He meant business. He didn't have time for Power Man's games. What would Power Man do? Would he save the civilians by breaking into the vault? Or would he stand his ground and refuse to do the gang leader's dirty work?

megatron532

Website
www.youtube.com
The birds were singing. The sun was shining. Kids were playing outside and enjoying Summer coming to a close. It was a perfect day. To rob and murder everyone he saw. Caleb stared at the drugs being dealed in the alley below. He watched the dealer walk away. He had been observing the dealer for some time now. He was sure he had lots of money in his pockets. Then his real target stepped into view. Across the alleyway, a young girl leaped to the ground wearing spandex. Caleb got as close as he could without being noticed. "Where's the PCP, Ray?" the girl asked the man. The dealer didn't hesitate to pull out a knife and attempt to stab the girl. The knife flew straight through her, and the image of the girl evaporated as the real girl disarmed Ray from behind and called the cops using Ray's phone. The girl took out a pair of handcuffs and cuffed Ray to a gutter. When she turned around, Caleb was there, applauding her. "Very good, girl" Caleb said, grinning. He reached into Ray's jacket and took his phone, draining the energy from it. He crushed the phone and dropped it. He grabbed Ray's shoulder and sent his new energy into the man, killing him within minutes. "I could've done that, or something like that at least. You didn't have to kill him!" the girl complained. "I'm just glad his battery was only at half-charge. Or he would've died instantly, and then I wouldn't have been able to hear him scream" Caleb laughed, "The cops will arrive soon, do you plan to run again?"
"Do you?" she asked. Caleb shook his head. "Should I? They're just mice scurrying to a hungry cat. But you, you're not just a mouse. No, you're a sparrow or some other bird, perhaps a hawk? If I work I'll take you out. But not today. Today it's up to you. Leave the cops to me, or save yourself from arrest."

Xeon{Myroku}

Demonic Pony
September 7, 2011 8:30 AM

At a local bank a hostage situation was held up here. Police cars were parked out in front awaiting for the thugs to make their demands or when it will be the right time to ambush them. But just then the doors burst open from a force of water and one of the robbers was drenched wet head to toe and was backing away from the bank scared and startled.

"Please, let me go! I promise I won't steal again! Just please don't do-!" but before the man had a moment to finish his sentence another water burst came out from the bank and it came down on the man like a waterfall. The force would've killed him but he was still alive, just knocked unconscious.

The police took this chance and stormed into the bank, a couple were left behind to examine and take in the fallen robber into their car. The others found the bank rather wet and damp. The hostages were all clambering to leave the bank but the policemen stopped them for questioning.

"Okay, who's responsible for all this?" said what looked like the commanding officer of his men. Just then something came down with a thud on the floor and it was another of the robbers who was soaking wet but not alive. And slowly stepping forward was a man with a black Navy coat, a shirt with an odd symbol on it, and wearing a blue mask over the lower part of his face.

"That would be me. Your welcome by the way." said the man. As he walked to the exit of the bank but was then stopped by the policemen.

"A thank you is not appreciated here Tidepool. Do you know how many life's you were endangering here? And on top of it you just killed three men of the crime." said the commanding officer.

"Look, I handle things my way. You handle things your way. But for me, I'm just trying to make this a safe place." Tidepool said back at the officer. He left him red in the face but he didn't bother with Tidepool and just made sure the people were safe. After he was done Tidepool was gone.

"Damn that man. As long as he stays around here I'm not sure if any of us will be safe or not." said the officer. "All right let's clear out boys!" The policemen nodded and agreed with their commanders orders. The police cars all drove out with only one of the few surviving robbers and the paramedics took the others away to the morgue.

Meanwhile Tidepool, or by his actual name Mike Wiers was taking off his costume on a building. Mike has lived in Detroit for all his life and lately he experience an accident that nearly cost him his life in Chicago. This accident killed his mother but for him and his siblings they survived, but for Mike he obtain a power that he considers to be a curse. He could control water at his will and can become it as well.

Lately he's been patrolling the streets of Detroit making sure that the place was a safe place for him and his siblings to continue one living. There have been increase of crimes here and in other parts of the United States after that incident a short while ago. Talk of super powered people who have been using their new gifts for evil or for heroics like Mike has been using his gift for. But unfortunately he's been causing more harm to people, most of the times he may kill the crooks or thugs before the justice system could consider them to be guilty or not.

Mike took down from the building in an alleyway so no one would notice a 19 year old man jumping off buildings. He came out in front of a store that was selling televisions and a current news outbreak appeared on the tv monitors.

"Hello I'm Wanda Lattamore here at the Detroit National Bank where a robbery was taking place. The police arrived here waiting to take hold of the situation but apparently they were already beaten to the punch. Local vigilante Tidepool has taken care of the situation and has killed three out of four of the robbers here at the bank. Although the people that were taken into hostage were fine and praised Tidepool for helping them out; we are all still left with the question if Tidepool is really saving us or not."

"Tidepool has kept watch over us for a period of time but some wonder if he'll turn on us. The police think so and do many other civilians in our city think the same but others do not and think Tidepool will stay good and protect us all from harms way. As for me, I believe he could protect us all. That is all for now we'll be back in a short time at 12pm with more of today's subject. We now return you to your current program."

After the news broadcast went off Mike stood there wondering about what people are thinking of him. Some thought of him as a threat, but others think he is a true hero. Mike on the other hand isn't sure what to think he was right now.

"I should get home. I bet when I get there, Courtney will start screaming my ear off for being on the news again." Mike said and walked off into the streets of Detroit and heading to his home.

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
Shifting through the spaces like only Mist can.
Nylon rope was definitely a check. As was the masks that prevented any for of face recognition. Eric sighs as he replay in his mind how he was only at this bank to get money for a school trip. His train of thought is broken though the instant that something hard hits him in the stomach. The air is forced out of his body from the impact and sends him in a heap to the floor. He coughs once and makes a note that more saliva than air escapes his body. He growls to himself until he notices the nearest hostage looking at him. It was obvious that the woman was trying to think of who the young man is, but she doesn't seem to be coming to any conclusion. It's at that moment that one of the men holding a gun expresses his wish that Shifter doesn't show up.

That one wish seems to piece the bits together for the woman looking at Eric. She quickly looks to the others to make sure that the coast is clear and leans over to whisper something in his ear. The woman asks him why he isn't doing anything and helping the others. In all honesty, Eric just came here to make a withdrawal of just a little over a hundred dollars. He has no intention of taking down the men. Besides, there are no significant sources of metal around. That's when fate decides be a royal pain. One of the men notices the two talking together and yells for them to be silent. He drives his order in deeper by grabbing Eric and throwing him into one of the benches. Sadly, the bench is one of the more modern ones and made of stainless steel. Fate is just toying with Eric today.

Eric smiles to himself as he lets and image of his sister fill his mind upon contact with the bench. The pain is great, as one would expect, but nothing new to Eric. He lets his bare hand touch the metal of the leg and imagines it all over his body. In that instant he feels a rush of cold over his body and looks to the man that just threw him. The man was suddenly feeling fear about what just happened and raises his gun. A constant stream of bullets fly from the barrel of the machine only to bounce off of Eric's skin. Eric knows that everyone in the room knows he's Shifter by now. He finally rises to his feet and snaps the nylon ropes binding his arms behind his back. Time to get to work, it would seem.

Eric pushes himself to his feet and walks towards the man that was using him as a rag doll. The man was obviously afraid of the man made out of steel but continues to fire the ineffective weapon. Eric smiles as he grip the dangerous end of the gun and bends the metal upwards until it points at the first man. If only things worked like they do in cartoons. Then the man would shoot himself and that would be one less scum for Eric to take care of. Instead, Eric takes the opening and slams the heel of his boot into the left knee of the man. A nauseating snap fills the room followed by a tremendous howl of pain. Eric looks at the leg and notices that they both bend in opposite directions at the knees. One down and four to go.

This time Eric runs at his next target. He had spent too much time with the first man so the others are now composed and shooting in unison. The bullets continue to bounce off of Eric's body even as he nears the first of the four. He slides to a stop with his elbow ready and pushes the gun upwards with his right arm. He takes the opening and slam the elbow of his left arm square into the breastbone of the man. Once more a snap can be heard through the air, but this one far more deadly. Eric finally takes the now useless gun from the man and slings it at one of the other three. The man makes an attempt to move out of the way, but the speed of the gun prevents that from happening. The metal slams into the side of the man's head and sends him sliding across the floor until he hits the nearest wall.

Eric finally charges at the last two and simply lets the bullets hit him and bounce off. He uses his momentum to add even more power into his next move as he directs it to his fist being pulled back for a simple punch. That man is squarely in the face and sent though the air crashing into one of the many pillars of the area. Eric finally looks to the last one but notices that this man is playing it rather smartly. Eric instantly recognizes the girl from his class and wonders if she was there for the same reason that he was. Regardless, the pistol being shoved into her temple was sending the girl over the edge of fear. Or perhaps it was the fact that Shifter wasn't doing anything to save her?

After what feels like an hour of just standing there and staring at the two, Eric finally punches the ground with all of his strength and watches as the floor is destroyed in his location. This itself causes a large scale shockwave that sends the man off balance just enough for the girl to escape. Eric smiles as he finally grabs one of the many shards from the marble floor and tosses it leisurely in his hand. He takes careful aim as the man moves to shoot at the girl for escaping, but Eric acts first. He puts all of his strength into the throw and sends the shard spiraling at the man with inhuman speed. With an unexpected end, Eric finds even himself getting splattered with blood as the man falls to the ground and the shard crashes through one of the windows and into the pavement where a police car is parked.

Without missing a beat Eric walks out of the building and ignores the gunshots from the on-edge police. He finally locates the one in charge of the group and motions for him to take care of the rest. Eric himself ignores the orders to stay where he is and vanishes into one of the many alleys. As he walks he places his hand on one of the dumpsters and sends the metal of his body into its new home before any damage can be done to his own body.

Klom89

Website
www.fanfiction.net
September 7th, 2011; 10:00 A.M.

Zane walks down the sidewalk, holding papers with his left hand while also taking extra care to hide his bandaged arm in the black sleevecoat he was wearing.

No, the arm wasn't broken. It was cybernetic...And nobody was to know that.

The principal of the Loyola University Campus in Presence City sent him over to Chicago to pick up some documents for the School. So far it was nice....More peaceful than Presence, that's for sure.

Zane was rather worried about coming. About an hour ago, he heard that some supposed 'hero' had saved a bank from being robbed by flooding the place, killing many of the perps instead of apprehending them. He also heard about a few more robberies, where Power Man had saved the day....as usual. He wasn't looking for any trouble....at least not today.

He's tried being a Villain before and it wasn'ty pretty.

He looks around, as data flows around his field of vision.

He sees people coming and going on their way......A child with her mother holding her hand.

What was so important about these...Humans? Why were they so adamant about survival? Why was he created to look like them?

"N-No!"

"Hmmm?" Zane grunts to himself as he comes to a nearby alley.

He then stands with his back against the wall, just near the alley-street border.

His android vision showed Heat signatures matching that of two males, and one female from behind the wall. Zane had a good feeling what was going on.

Zane does his best to stay out of the perps' sight....Which was rather easy, even in broad daylight, since all he had to do was act as though he was leaning against the wall. (Humans were so oblivious in the mornings. He learned from experience)

"C'mon!" One of the men say. "We can show ya a good time...."

"Yeah, sweetcheeks." The other says. "Why don'tcha come with us?"

"Get away from me!" The girl says.

Someone he knows was in a similar situation. His friend Priscilla was ganged by idiots shortly after Zane was activated. He ended up killing all three of the gangsters with his arm cannon....ahem, 'broken arm.'.....But that happened at night, where, according to Zane's statistics, it was common.

But that was Priscilla. This is just some random Human. If he stopped to help, it would take him approximately 2.7 hours to get back to Presence before school was over. The Principal was adamant that these documents be back at Loyola before daytime classes were over. He couldn't waste time.

"Illogical....Getting mixed up with Human problems." Zane says to himself.

Zane grips the documents his left hand was holding tighter as he starts to walk across the street.

"OH, NO! HELP!" The Girl screams.

Zane stops again. He didn't want to get mixed up in Humsan problems....But he didn't want to ignore it, either....

Last edited:

Eva

~ ♥~ Grand Summoner~ ♥~
Awards
"GET BACK HERE!"

The shout surprised many people, moreso that the shout came from a rather small girl. The sight was comical--here was a rough-and-tough, young, grim faced man, gripping a black and white Coach bag, sprinting, panting and such, being given chase by someone who looked as if she could barely lift grocery bags.

She was surprised herself; finally, her cardio workouts were becoming of some use. She was running close behind the guy who had the nerve of stealing her bag moments after she had bought it, and was chasing him down like a hound dog (or whatever dog runs fast). Her arms were pumping, her legs kicking off the ground, and boy, was she gaining on him.

"Drop the bag and I'll consider NOT Kicking your butt!" She yelled, her arm reaching for the bouncing hoodie that was literally centimeters away from her fingertips. The theif looked back, obviously surprised by both the threat and the fact that she had actually given chase. Seeing that he was almost caught, he quickly turned the corner. However, she was hot on his heels--with a mighty (and rather loud) amazon yell, she pounced on him, immediately punching his shoulders as he spun around in surprise. He tripped, and the two fell to the ground. A small crowd gathered, watching in amusement as, to put it lightly, she held him in a headlock, smacking his face.

"HOW--DARE--YOU--STEAL--FROM--ME?!" She scolded him, smacking him harder with each word. His face was entriely red, and once she was finished, she grabbed the stolen bag and got up, dusting herself off. She fixed the blue ribbon keeping her braid up, glaring at the guy. "Hmph!" She held her nose high, giving the snobbiest look she could muster, and promptly marched off.

"The nerve of some people!" She told herself, fixing her hair as she trotted down the avenue. Not only did she have to go chase after some lunatic to get a bag she had bought literally minutes ago, her hair was messed up, her skirt torn, her feet were killing her (You try running in wedges), and she chipped a nail-job that had costed her seventy dollars.

Asuka Akiko was NOT in a very good mood.

This is supposed to be my weekend in NY off, but noooo, I HAVE to get jumped on the first day! She thought bitterly, inspecting the chipped nail. It drove her insane; a girl simply can't have a day off, can she?

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
"Once we add the egg it's only a matter of waiting for the--"
"How could you cheat on me with my twin brother Fernando?! I ca--"
"But wait! If you order now we'll send you another one absolutely free! Just pay separate ship--"

"Why's there nothing to watch all of a sudden?" Casper asked himself. He was sitting on his couch with the TV turned on. The remote control was tossed on the floor along with little tidbits of trash which his cat, named Gust, was playing with. On his lap was a guitar with a star for a base. "I think putting an engine inside this thing was a mistake...I can probably get rid of it and have it...like click around. Kind of like how those revolving things in supermarket works only both sides aren't slack. Oh but then it won't spin huh? Maybe I can make it so some force has to be applied to it. Yeah I can use some wind for that! What do you think?" He took a second to look down to Gust who ignored him. "Well I think it's a good idea. It'll make it lighter and stuff. But I have no idea how I could create it by myself...Man I wish I had a genius for a best friend..."

Just then the informational was cut off by some news broadcaster saying something about about there being a building on fire and how there were people trapped inside.
"Man." Casper told himself, "If only there were some kind of person that could help out with those kinds of things. Not like firefighters, but like some kind of super hero." He scratched his chin for a second then stopped. "Wait," he whispered. "I'm some kind of super hero."

Klom89

Website
www.fanfiction.net
"I guess I'm going to be late."

Zane turns back, walking towards the perps tailing the girl.

This was illogical. A waste of time....So why did he wanna get involved? It's not like the world would end with one less Human on it. It would take approximately two Nuclear bombs, not counting radiation spread, to end the world. That, or.....Calculating it was a chore.

Zane enters the ally as the girl, upon seeing Zane, rushes towards his backside, clutching his broken arm in fright.

"P-Please, help me!" She says.

The two assaliants walk towards him.

One has a skull-and-crossbones T-shirt on with a gray cap and a blue, sagging pants. The other wore a black jackt, with ear piercings on his left ear and gren shorts on his waist.

Typical hoods. Not too different from what Presence has lurking in it's shadows.

"Step outta the way, buddy." The hatted one says. "That there's our girl."

"She doesn't seem to willing." Zane replies. "Wouldn't be logical for you two to go home?"

"Oh, please....Mister Businessman." Says the other one. "Just walk away. Unless you WANT to get hurt."

The two walk towards him menacingly, as the girl runs away from the scene.

Zane puts his documents in his coat, reinforcing them with his 'broken arm.'

"Hey look, Franko." Says the hatted one. "This guy wants his other arm broken! Ler's humor him!"

Zane analyzes the two of them with his sensors.

Two males, ages 21 and 22, respectively. Their heat signatures were rising, due to adrenaline and thrill. Their breathing patterns were also increasing. Their Strength Readings are low.This would be easy.

The hatted one, Franko apparently, rushes towards Zane with a punch.

Zane sweeps to the right, tripping his attacker with one foot.

The other one pulls out a dagger, and charges towards him.

The dagger connects with Zane's stomach, as it bends immediately upon impact.

Though Zane's endurance was low, (The scientist that created him rushed his design, probably ignoring defense for the sake of progress) he still had an android's body.

Anything short of a bullet was useless.

"W-Wha-?" The attacker says.

"My turn." Zane says as he grabs his attacker's arm with his left hand, giving it a violent twist.

Zane calculates how far the arm was twisted. 180 Degrees out of it's normal rotation capacity. Doctors were gonna have a hard time with that one.

The dagger falls to the ground with a CLACK as the attacker howls in pain, his arm dislocated.

Franko gets up and rushes at Zane again.

Zane grabs the attacker's fist with his left hand directly, pressing it down with stronger-than-normal force.

"Aaa-AAAAAAH!" The man screams in pain.

"They're so weak...." Zane thinks to himself. "Why was I made to emulate them, of all creatures?"

He hears a small gushing sound as he looks back to his enemy.

During his brief philosophical thought, he had forgotten to release the man....and what was once a hand was now a gory mess as blood splattered to the ground.

The man's screams increase with each decibel, prompting Zane to finally let go. (70, by Zane's calculations)

The android had gone too far.

Humans were frail...

The two men look at each other knowingly, and then run for their lives, for who knows where.

Zane shrugs in confusion and walks out of the alleyway.

He sees the girl, who looks no kore than 18, sitting on the sidewalk in fright.

"Are you okay, Miss?" Zane asks, extending a hand to help her up.

The girl takes a look at Zane, and then backs away.

"D-Don't hurt me!" She shouts as she runs away at high-speed, onlookers' glances following her.

Last edited:

Xeon{Myroku}

Demonic Pony
Mike was already a block away from home when he stopped off in a small store to get some bread and milk. After he paid the cashier he left the place sighing to himself. Man this is such a drag. Ever since mom and dad died it's been getting rough on me and my siblings. Me and Courtney have to take jobs to support Nicole and Lee until they're ready to be on there own. Also not to mention my other life that only they know about.

Mike was already at the apartment building that he and his siblings were staying in and he kept monoluging to himself about this situation. Rent's been getting tight and I could barely spend little on what we need to survive our harsh time. He went through his keys but the door already open for him to show a young 17 year old girl with light brown hair, in a green tank top that was a bit revieling, and wearing jean shorts standing in the doorway.

"Michael James Wiers! What have I told you time after time?" the girl started at him as he entered into the apartment room.

"What, you don't like your brother being famous anymore Courtney?" Mike joked and set the grocery bag down on the counter in the small kitchen they had. The rest of the apartment was a bit small but managable for him and his siblings. The living room was a bit spacious with a small dining room table at the side, there were only two bedrooms so only his siblings stayed in those while Mike took the couch.

"Mike, I know you can't resist a fight. But do you really have to kill people? I mean I know that your trying to protect people but sometimes the way you do it can be wrong." Courtney said sounding very concern right now. "Ever since you protect us against that mugger on the street you've been acting oddly."

"I've noticed." Mike said putting away the bread and the milk. "Ever since I got this curse I knew it was a bad sign. I mean I know how to control it but I just can't hold myself back from killing and ridding the evil of this world. I mean I'm like Venom or the Hulk. I can use the power but I can barely control myself."

"Your not like those guys. Just....try to control yourself. Heck you let one of those robber's live. That's something." Courtney said to reassure him. "I guess. By the way....how come your not in school?" Mike said to her.

"I don't have school. Confrences were today for me. But Lee and Nicole are in school right now. Do you want to pick them up or should I?" Courtney said as he ploped herself down on the couch.

"Doesn't matter to me. But I guess I could do it. Give you a break." Mike replied. "Anyway what's on TV?"

"Well other than the spread of your so called 'heroics' nothing really. Just talk shows, morning cartoons, and crap." Courtney said flipping the channel. "Wait what's this?" She had the TV on another news channel but with a different topic this time instead of Tidepool.

"Lately we have recieved word that there was a murder case at a small general store area. The cashier was found dead with the cash register empty. There have been no trace's of evidence and police had no luck with finding finger prints or any other form trail to the killer. We'll have more to update later on if the authorities find anything. We'll know take you back to-" Courtney clicked off the tv and looked at Mike.

"I was just there earlier. The killer must've came in when I left. Damnit!" he pounded his fist on the arm of the couch with his fist cletched tight.

"Mike calm down. I know how you feel but you shouldn't get worked up about this. The police will do there job to fine out who this person is sooner or later." Courtney said to him.

"The cops couldn't get information unless it was imprinted on a donut! I'm sorry Court but I need to do this." Without another word Mike went into one of the bedrooms for 15 minutes and came out as Tidepool. "I'll be back sis. Don't worry, by the time I'm done I'll pick up Nicole and Lee from school."

"Mike wait!" but before she could stop him Mike had already changed his molecules into water and slithered into the sink's drain hole and washed himself down the drain. "Damn him. I just hope he doesn't overdo things again."

Later from a different location in the city a local street gang was hanging around in an alleyway all smoking, drinking, counting their money, and swooning with chicks.

"Yo, man when we gonna do something? I've been bored off my ass here!" one gangmember said.

"Dude, with that Tidepool guy hanging around we barely do much here. I say we just move to a different hood." another said back.

"Man, I ain't going anywhere. And I ain't afraid of that tight wearing fool!" one more said.

"Well looks like you all don't like this Tidepool fella hmm?" said another voice that didn't belong to the gang members crew. A man in black cloak was standing before them with his face covered up.

"Yo bra, you should leave while you have the chance." one gang member said.

"Yeah, unless you want us to beat the s**t out of ya. Come on guys, let teach this guy a lesson." All of the gang members gathered up and charge up to the man in the cloak. They had guns, bats, lead pipes, and knifes on them and they all went up to the man. But before they had a chance to hit him he vanished.

"Huh? What the hell? Wasn't he just here a minute ago?" one gang thug said.

They looked around searching for the man but then one of the gang members started to gasp for breath and his men looked at him. They saw the black cloack man behind him and their friend being strangled from what looked like black energy. After the gang member breathed his last breath, the cloaked man dropped him dead.

"So....who's next to die?" the man said revieling a nasty grin from under his cloaks hood.

King Naruto

Retired (for now)
Awards
Creating bonds to save our world and bring peace
~Chicago, Illinois~

Staring at the bank that was being robbed, Bryce just laughed as Power Man entered the bank. He wasn't too fond of being a superhero but, he wasn't trying to become a villain either. He was just wanted to gain money and bring his family from the dumps of the city. Dropping down from the building ledge that he was perched on, Bryce levitated himself down to the amasing crowd. Looking upon him, all ways were on Endeavor. Some cop averted their weapons to Endeavor since he was a wanted criminal too. Before they could resort to force or even words, Endeavor lifted his hand. Psionic energy was flung from his fingertips. This invisible energy developed around the police in a dome shape, blocking out all exit and harmful attacks.

"Sorry boys but, I need to get in there." Endeavor stated loudly as he levitated to the door of the bank.

Blowing the doors upon with a single swipe of his hand, the sound caused the bank robbers to turn their attention to the new pawn to their plans. Two of the robbers men were sent flying back from the force of energy that was extended from Endeavor's mind. His thoughts were a powerful weapon and he knew the right ways to tear the thoughts from someone elses. Setting his sights on the two other robbers, the bank robber leader told them to kill Endeavor. A shot rang out but, it never touched Endeavor. Bouncing off his psionic shield, the bullets fell to the ground. Manipulating both robbers at once, he flung their bodies at the nearest wall, cracking it as their bodies crashed.

His eyes settled on the leader's hand, controlling it like a toy. Making the leader drop the detonator, Endeavor forced him and then into the ground with enough to knock him out. Using his powers, he lifted the detonator up and he spoke to Power Man, "Hey your not out of the fire yet. Get those bombs off the civilians and i'm gonna go ahead and take some of this cash. If you try to stop then I will blow them away. Sorry but I need this." Walking toward the vault, Endeavor focused on the hinges of the vault door. Lifting his hand, he extended it, and forcefully ripped the hinges out which caused the vault door to fall over after a slight pull from Endeavor. He kept his mind focused on Power Man and any attempt that would be made to stop him.

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
Shifting through the spaces like only Mist can.
Eric walks into his first class leisurely and waves to his sister standing behind the podium. The woman glares at him before leading him back into the hall. She notices how the hall is still crowded with students arriving for the late starting day and decides to take him into the teacher's lounge. There she locks the door behind her and points to the small television set still playing the morning news. Eric smiles weakly as he knows what is coming next but still leans against the wall with a sense of ease rushing over him. He knows that his sister hates what he does at times, but he always manages to find himself in the wrong place at the wrong time. Still, the woman glaring at him was putting him off a little because she's the only one that can make him do things he doesn't want to.

"I don't care that you saved people, but why did you have to kill the guy?! It's all over the news!"

"It was an accident. I didn't mean to break the guy's skull."

"BREAK?! YOU MADE HIS HEAD EXPLODE!!!"

Eric blinks in confusion at this new information before finally lowering his head. He honestly didn't mean to kill the person, but he still has trouble controlling his strength at times. Eric sighs but then remembers the whole reason that he went to the bank in the first place. With this memory he pulls out his wallet and takes out all but two hundred dollars. He hands the money to his sister and tells her that he got the money for the rent like he was supposed to. The woman sighs at the sudden change in subject but takes the money anyways. She quickly counts the money for the rent on instinct and thanks the young man for running the errand for her. She finally looks to the clock and pants him on the shoulder.

"Why don't you go on home for today? I'll tell the others that you aren't feeling well or something."

Eric nods at the order and walks out of the room before the woman. He tightens his grip on the bag hanging from his left shoulder and makes his way out of the building. As he leaves the building he passes the girl from earlier and ends up freezing in his spot. The girl stares at him briefly before smiling at him. Eric nods once and starts to continue walking out of the building only to be stopped by the girl calling out to him. He stops to turn to her and asks what she wants with him. The girl messes with the handle of her bag for a few seconds before thanking him for saving her earlier that day. Eric shrugs the thought off and continues walking before stopping again.

"If you ever see me in public, get far away. I tend to attract trouble."

megatron532

Website
www.youtube.com
The girl clenched her fist. "If you want", Caleb continued, "I could just kill you and you won't have to think anymore". The girl grabbed her head and shouted in pain. "Why do I have your memories?!" she shouted. Caleb was well aware that the girl had his memories. And he possessed all of hers up until E-Day. While having none of his own. He knew her address, her name, her school, her phone number, everything. He assumed it was the same deal with her. "Why don't we make a trade? My memories for yours. Tell me everything about myself, and you can know who you really are"
"Unlike you, I have a family to help me!" Caleb chuckled softly, "Can you be certain they speak honestly?" Then the faint sound of sirens reached his ears. The girl glared at Caleb - obviously in no condition to fight - she ran. Knowing he'd see her again, Caleb greeted the intruders.

Aliahya

Bronze Member
The room was dank, the mould slowly taking over the corners leaving a subtle scent of age around all who walked into it. A radio to the left echoed nothing but static with the occasion news report, to the right was a small window that a single ray of the Los Angeles light beaming in.

A single chair positioned in the middle sat a woman of apparent power.

“Do you have it” a man walked in and demanded abruptly barging into the room. His glutton filled face.

“The money?” the woman replied in a smug tone.

“That I do” he handed her a briefcase with a shifty glance to the right, as she opened it she noticed immediately the counterfeit notes. As her eyebrows rose, she looked toward the business man in an annoyed glance.

“Brilliant” she smiled, “It’s over by the desk””

“What are you talking about? There’s nothing here but old news paper clippings” he asked, sweat began to emerge on the man’s forehead... “...wait”

Standing up, she flipped out a gun from her pocket. Shooting a ray of blue current through the man, his body began to shake. After only a few seconds he fell to the ground.

The man coughed as blood began to run from his mouth. “You...your Static Electric, the midnight Current...”

She smiled, her teeth glinting in as the lights around her flicked on. And with a blink of an eye she disappeared. The sparks from the power point began to smoke as she was lost into the currents of the Los Angeles Electric System. “The money is gone” he whispered as he fell into unconsciousness

Crimson Jazz

You ain't got no YEEZY!?!
What would Power Man do? Would he help the gang take the money lying behind the vault? Or would he stand his ground and and basically stamp a big 'eff you' on the robbers? He had to act fast, or else the hostages, as well as himself, would be dead. But things had only gotten worse from there. Seconds after the gang leader presented Power Man with this ultimatum, a superhuman by the name of Endeavor had burst through the front doors. The superhuman used his telepathic powers to take the detonator from the gang leader and then knock him and his henchmen out. Endeavor then looked at Power Man.

Hey, you're not out of the fire yet. Get those bombs off the civilians, and I'm gonna go ahead and take some of this cash. If you try to stop to me, then I will blow them away. Sorry, but I need this.

What the hell was going on?

"Sorry, Endeavor, but I can't just let you walk away with that money." Power Man replied. He knew he was taking a BIG risk in saying this. In his mind, he thought, "C'mon, Jimmy. Get your ass over here."

Endeavor continued on toward the vault. Maybe he didn't hear Power Man. Or maybe he did, and was just waiting until after he secured the cash to kill Power Man and the civilians. Either way, Endeavor wasn't joking. Power Man could feel it. His life, as well as the lives of all those innocent civilians, was about to end in a matter of seconds. Or was it? Power Man felt a breeze of wind pass by him, and then saw some of the civilians disappear. That same breeze of wind passed by again, and more civilians disappeared. For a third time, the breeze of wind passed, taking the last of the civilians with it. Then, finally, that gust of wind blew past Endeavor, stealing the detonator from out of his psionic control.

Power knew exactly what was going on.

Moments later, the gang leader became conscious. He looked around the bank and saw that all of his men were knocked out cold, and all the civilians were gone. The gang leader stood slowly to his fit and then went into a fit of rage.

"WHAT IS GOING ON!?! WHERE ARE THOSE HOSTAGES!?!? AND WHAT DID YOU FREAKS DO TO MY MEN!?!"

"It wasn't us. It was him." Power Man replied. He smiled, and pointed to someone that was standing behind the gang leader's back.

The gang leader turned around slowly. He saw the figure that was standing behind him. It was Speedstar, another one of Chicago's heroes. In an instant, the gang leader's fury turned into fear. The gang leader tried to take the detonator, but Speedstar used his super speed to knock the gang leader to his feet knock him out once again. The hostages were safe. For now.

"Speedstar, I thought I told you to stay out of my territory?" Power Man asked. He was doing this to fool the other superhumans and the civilians.

Speedstar smiled and replied, "Well, you know. I couldn't just let you have ALL the credit in stopping something as big as this. Now, who is this gentleman?"

"Well, that's Endeavor. You've probably seen him on the news. He's a wanted criminals." Power Man answered.

Speedstar laughed and said, "Oh, yeah. The telepathic guy. Well, I'll be delighted if you help me bring this scumbag down."

Power Man shook his head and jokingly replied, "Only if I get all the credit. Did you deal with the detonator?"

"Yup, and the bomb squad is outside getting all that C4 off the civilians. Now, let's get this creep."

Power Man and Speedstar stood in battle-ready stances. But, even though they outnumber him, just how could they fight someone as powerful as Endeavor?

Klom89

Website
www.fanfiction.net
Septmber 7th, 2011 11:00 A.M.

After the odd encounter with the girl, Zane was confused. He had saved her, yet she ran from him as though he were one of the perps. Why?

Were Humans so ingratuitous?

He called the Principal VIA Pay Phone to let him know that he had secured the documents.

"So..." Zane says, the phone to his mouth. "I have the papers you needed."

"Oh, boy...." The Princpal says over the Phone, his Scottish accent being enunciated by static from the phone. "Looks Like I sent ya on a wild goose chase, laddie. Turns out that we've still got a week for the meetin'. Ya can take yer time, after all..."

Zane hung up the phone immediately without ceremony, as an irritated sigh escapes his lips.

This entire day was off-kilter. Lookes like he had to-

What the hell was that?!

A streak of flame immediately soars through the street he was on as it rockets down past a nearby McDonalds that just happened to be there, burning the golden arch in the process.

Zane runs into a nearby alley (Not the one he was at earlier. He was in another part of town) and begins to strip down.

First go the pants. Then the shirt, (Why were Humans so ashamed of their appearences? It was illogical!) then the shoes.

Two more minutes later, he was in costume...as Techno.

He was covered in suit that was a mixtuire of kevlar and leather from head to toe; including a headband that covered his artificial forehead.

His right cybernetic arm was now visible, as he clnchees his fist in and out, testing it.

For the first months following his activation, he had taken the alias of Techno, and was known as a 'Robin Hood' of sorts, jumping from Good to Evil, to neither depending on his mission. Ever since he had started working (and taking classes at) Loyola, he hadn't put the costume on. Now was his chance to re-establish his presence....despite the public's mixed opinion of him.

He keeps his belongings carefully hidden behind a garbage can, entering his mental database to establish a navigational marker upon finishing his mission.

He didn't know what he was going to do.......until he got there.

(OOC: I'll post add the actual encounter in my next post. My brain's burnt out right now.)

Last edited:

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
Getting out of the apartment building unnoticed was always hard to do. At least, it was at first. Back when Casper first started the whole "super human Star Striker" business, he would put on his whole costume in his apartment and fly out the window or something. That might work with comic books like Spiderman, but he was always afraid someone would see him and connect two and two together, giving away his secret identity which was bad...for whatever reason. Sure someone could hold his family members captive or something, but that would mean they'd have to go all the way to Europe for that since they decided to move away.

At any rate, now days he simply went up to the roof where no one ever was and change behind some trash bins he put up there. He then hid his clothes inside the trash bins, which no one really payed any attention to anyway, and flew off as the Star Striker from there. He had tried before doing the whole Superman thing where he wears his costume under his normal clothes, but the costume always seemed to poke out which might give him away. Or at least make him look like he had terrible fashion sense. He used the hiding out on the roof method to get out of his building. It was only a three floor building and he was glad to be living on the third floor. It gave him quick access to the roof.

Luckily the building that was on fire wasn't too far away from where he lived, and it only took him a few minutes to fly there. Once he made it, he wasn't sure what to do. Obviously, the best thing to do for both the people around and his image would be to help the people trapped inside, if any, and to somehow help put out the fire but...
"How the hell do I do this...?" He asked himself as he floated a few meters away from the building.
"Hey you! Star Smasher!" Cried a firefighter below him, "Are you gonna help or just watch?"
It's Star Striker not Star Smasher... He thought to himself before falling to earth and landing next to the firefighter.
"What can I do to help out?"
"There's an old lady stuck on the fourth floor up there. We're trying to get to here but the flames are too strong. See if you can find a way to get to her."
Meanwhile you'll be here watching on as the other firefighters actually fight the fire.
"Alright, I'll see what I can do...Uh. Just...Don't hate me if I can't do it..." He mumbled before flying next to a window third floor.

The flames were seriously hot. Way more hotter than he thought it would've been. He started to see why people needed special equipment and crap to deal with fires. On a whim, he sent a small breeze at nearby fire grouping. When that did nothing, he sent another with more force. To his surprise, it only made the fire bigger.
"My bad! What if I blew at it from the top to the bottom...?" Doing this he found that it was somewhat effective, but it had a chance to spread the fire instead of putting it out. Striker rushed into the window to look for the trapped lady.

It didn't take him long to find her, maybe seven minutes at most. He had to travel through a few doors to do so, but those seven minutes were the longest seven minutes of his life so far. They were filled with the creaking of the wooden flames threatening to fall, dodging parts of the ceiling that inconveniently fell around him, and taking double takes behind his back to make sure nothing was following him or anything. The smoke and flames created shadows that tricked his eyes, and if it wasn't for being to manipulate the air around him, he probably would have passed out from inhaling too much smoke. The old lady herself was, as anyone who's ever read anything involving anyone trapped in a burning building could have guessed, was literally trapped under fallen pieces of the ceiling and unconscious. After moving what was crushing her, she managed to wake up for a few seconds and started mumbling about something.
"Shush." He told her. "I'm gonna get us out, just calm down."
"Ny...No...My grandson...pipe bombs...we need to--"
"Wait, pipe bombs? You can't be serious! There aren't any inside this building, are they?" The old lady nodded before passing out again. "Son of a bitch" He cried as he made a dash for the nearest window. "Son of a bitch" he repeated as he jumped out. "Son of a biiiiitch!" He yelled as he fell down the side of the building before slowing down to a gently landing. He turned to the nearest firefighter--the same one who told him about the old lady-- and screamed out "get your men out of there! There are pipe bombs in there!"

Then the top part of the building exploded. A large chunk of it was falling towards him and the rest of the fire fighters and the people they had rescued and evacuated. The moments seemed to last forever as he watched it fall towards them.
Then instinct kicked in.
Inhaling deeply, he exhaled with his mouth wide open, creating an even flow of wind that held the ceiling of the building yards away from everyone. Then he drew his lips nearer together and applied pressure to the center which sent it flying away from them and into the sky.
Assuming it didn't smash into a plane or anything, I've still got to send it somewhere where it won't hurt anyone...somewhere like...the ocean? No that's to far away. What about an empty plain or farmland or something? I'd have to look for one though.
There wasn't time to think, already the shape of the ceiling was getting larger and his lungs were already sore from a single breath like that. He flew towards it reached behind him where his guitar slung behind him. He flew above the large debris of a ceiling and aimed the base of it at it.
"Please work..." He pleaded and strum a chord. Almost immediately the base fired off and struck itself into the debris. After some more wind manipulation, he managed to safely navigate it to a nearby lake he found while looking for an empty field or something. After flying back and telling the nearest firefighter where he left the debris, he saw the same old lady he saved crying.
"What's wrong?" He asked.
"My grandson." She sobbed. "He was still in there..." A feeling of dread washed over him.
"Sir." He overheard a nearby firefighter say to his superior. "We have seven men unaccounted for and we have four casualties, including our men." The feeling of dread he felt worsened and he began to notice people staring at him and whispering to each other.
"...not a real superhero, is he? He couldn't even..."
"...he's got powers for god's sake. You'd think he could..."
"I hear he caused the explosion, you know."
Just with this he could feel himself getting angry which was something that was rare for him. What was with these people? He was only one man! Even with these powers he's not...not Superman!

"What the hell, people!" He cried out to them. "So...So I couldn't save everyone! I'm not perfect! I'm still new at this whole thing!" He could hear his voice crack, but he could also feel how little he cared. "I didn't see any of you doing anything to help! At the very least you can THANK me for saving you from being crushed by the freaking ceiling when it blew off and FELL RIGHT AT US!"
"Someone said you caused the explosion!" A man yelled. "If that's true then you could've wanted it to happen in order to make yourself look good!"
Striker's grip on his guitar tightened until his knuckles nearly turned white.
"Un-fucking-believable." he said. Without another word he flipped off the man and flew away.

Klom89

Website
www.fanfiction.net
Zane (now in costume as Techno) follows the flame as onlooker look at him with a mixture of fear and relief. His standing with the people was average, despite how long he's been a costumed purveyor.

As he ran, his positronic brain started to process radio information and feeds, most of them coming from police cars and the sort:

"We've got a non-natural occurence goin' on at 4th and progressing-"

"A streak of flame just went flyin' past south Dexter-!"

"It's headed onto Lake Shore Drive, over!"

The flame turns onto a massive road as Techno turns with it.

At this, the flame slows down, as it turns to face Zane, who stops.

As the flames die down, a Human figure could be made out.

Their features were invisible, even due to Zane's sensors as it resumes it's course faster than before.

Zane didn't need Identity software to know who that was.

Solarius: Wanted for countless Murder and Rape changes. Rape indicates a 90% chance that the target was male.

Heat index indicates that the flames at over 300 degrees.

Zane would need to be careful around this guy.

Zane resumes the chase as the figure begins to intentionally run into cars driving on the road, lighting them ablaze with fire, as people scatter like ants in desperation and confusion.

He knew what the figure was doing. Trying to play to Zane's morality by putting people in danger. But in Zane's mind, that wasn't the logical solution. He knew that Solarius was the disaster's point of origin.

Wasn't it smarter to kill the source first, in order to prevent it from spreading?

Zane ignores the chaos occuring on the Drive as he jumps and dodges the cars, catching up to the figure, who makes a right onto an exit.

The chase was on....but not for much longer.

King Naruto

Retired (for now)
Awards
Creating bonds to save our world and bring peace
Bryce was not one to angry fast and with Speedster's introduction, he was only slightly irritated. He didn't care what they did but, right now he was calm enough to take both out without his power backfiring or going out of control. His eye's set on Speedster as he began his telepathic manipulation of the mind. Entering Speedster's mind, he rummaged around the very memories that shaped the man but, never going after his secret identity. Playing with his brain, Endeavor began messing with the neurol synapses and nerves that were linked to the brain. Rearranging them temporarily, Speedster would now find it hard to move. If he moved his arm, then his ear would twitch. It would be difficult to figure out but, even if Speedster could within the two minutes that it would affect him then his brain would randomize again.

Lifting his hands upward, telekinetic force gathered all around his arms. Pushing forward, a wave of TK flew forward covering a large area. The concussive power was enough to send both heros outside the bank. Endeavor had to do what it took to get this money even if that meant gaining more infamy. After such a wide attack, Endeavor felt pain within his mind. Grabbing his forehead, he knew he wouldn't make it of this if he wasn't quick. Lifting himself upward, he levitated to the vault. Bringing a bag toward him, he went within the vault and began gathering as much money as possible.

megatron532

Website
www.youtube.com
Caleb had finished with the cops in record timing. It had taken him only three minutes to kill them all. He was really starting to get a grip on his powers. "Stop villain!" came a cry. Caleb turned around to meet his old foe, Mirage Man. Caleb started to walk towards him, "He-Hey!" he shouted, "Stop right there, Angel!" Caleb stopped and frowned, "Is that what they call me? I prefer 'Leech'". Caleb laughed, "A fitting title wouldn't you say?" Caleb grabbed a street light and charged himself. "Watch out!" a girl yelled. The man was tackled out of the way by the girl from before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back