• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Hey

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackest Night

High Priest of Sloanism
Depends upon the day and if there is free pizza.
So yeah, I'm in a relationship with a guy named Jay. He's awesome. He's funny. We're all good. No fights, no arguments. Great sex. Very few problems at all. I'm extremely happy.

Methinks it's about time you people learned to be happy as well.

Of course not everyone is going to understand you. However, this is not to say that no one understands you. You are not alone.

THe girl three years ago who did not agree to go out with you is not the cause of all your problems.

You are the only obstacle between yourself and happiness. Therefore, YOU have to change, not the world around you.

Jopari

But happiness is overrated, it more fun and unique to be all emo. Go forth emo children and spew emo over the world!

This post is rated SH for Sarcastic as Hell.

Last edited:

dr.korytco

So yeah, I'm in a relationship with a guy named Jay. He's awesome. He's funny. We're all good. No fights, no arguments. Great sex. Very few problems at all. I'm extremely happy.

Methinks it's about time you people learned to be happy as well.

Of course not everyone is going to understand you. However, this is not to say that no one understands you. You are not alone.

THe girl three years ago who did not agree to go out with you is not the cause of all your problems.

You are the only obstacle between yourself and happiness. Therefore, YOU have to change, not the world around you.
Well put actually. Sometimes people are simply overwhelmed and can out rationalize anymore. They feel as if they have to share it all and look together with someone else for answers because they can not find the answers their selves.

This is actually good advice, but it is easily ignored. Emotions are strong and very expressive , they get stuck in all sort of conversations even when not intended to and they strengthen all the elements, love , hate , sadness, anger, comic humor, all of em , making intellectual thought and idea clouded.

Last edited:

gottaluvkh1992

Koudelka's Servant
We can learn to be happy, but to be happy is a different thing, my oldest friendships are breaking up, the person i love i cant have, i have so many personal issues at the moment, so we cant all be happy.
I would love to be happy, i would love for my problems to sort out, and i could get who i love but it cant, my old friendships i have to rebuild SLOWLY. And the person i love is straight and so i cant be with him.

EDIT:

And recently i have changed so much that i am hardly the same person so changing sometimes dont help, you cant just stop loving someone i have tried so many times over the past few years, and i still love him.
And my friends should change, why should i change when one of them ignores me and hits me, and the other is CONSTANTLY on my nerves and he knows it and continues, so they should change so i can foucs on my more important problems.

Last edited:

iloveyou502

Battling my inner demons....and winning thank you
But happiness is overrated, it more fun and unique to be all emo. Go forth emo children and spew emo over the world!

News flash. Being emo isnt unique anymore. Being NOT emo is unique.

And by the way blacknest night, i happen to be very happy right now. But if I werent, i would greatly appreciate you're advice. Im sure there are alot of depressed or sad people on here who will appreciate your words though.

T

Tyler Durden

Kind of dismissive of people that are too weak to make differences or ignore the bad things in life, isn't it?

Blackest Night

High Priest of Sloanism
We can learn to be happy, but to be happy is a different thing, my oldest friendships are breaking up, the person i love i cant have, i have so many personal issues at the moment, so we cant all be happy.
I would love to be happy, i would love for my problems to sort out, and i could get who i love but it cant, my old friendships i have to rebuild SLOWLY. And the person i love is straight and so i cant be with him.

EDIT:

And recently i have changed so much that i am hardly the same person so changing sometimes dont help, you cant just stop loving someone i have tried so many times over the past few years, and i still love him.
And my friends should change, why should i change when one of them ignores me and hits me, and the other is CONSTANTLY on my nerves and he knows it and continues, so they should change so i can foucs on my more important problems.

No, you are wrong in your edit. You are the one who has to change. You cannot make the others change nor have they any reason to do so, seeing as how they are obviously the ones that hold the power in the relationship. Therefore, in order to claim power and stop being pitiful, you are the one who must change. Voila.

My original post was serious. I have a boyfriend. His name is Jay. We are happy. A majority of people need to learn to be happy as well. There was no joke, aside from the fact that many people obviously did not get it.

Tobuoi

Who's that girl?
Website
www.tobuoi.deviantart.com
No, you are wrong in your edit. You are the one who has to change. You cannot make the others change nor have they any reason to do so, seeing as how they are obviously the ones that hold the power in the relationship. Therefore, in order to claim power and stop being pitiful, you are the one who must change. Voila.

My original post was serious. I have a boyfriend. His name is Jay. We are happy. A majority of people need to learn to be happy as well. There was no joke, aside from the fact that many people obviously did not get it.

Very insightful, indeed. And while I think that the majority of people do reach this conclusion at several points in their life, they also tend to experience the opposite at times, as well.

Alas, this is good advice. I'm glad that you're happy. And yes, people usually take things a little too seriously, especially the effect that external figures have in their personal relationships. :O

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!
I'm glad you're happy and all, but this whole, "YOU have to change, because your friends are the ones who hold the power in the relationship" thing makes me uneasy.

Now, changing into a better person, I can understand, but true friendships are escapes from the battles for power we face in every day life.

Having POWER over your friends? Having to conform to what your friends think because they have power over YOU? That doesn't sound like happiness to me. I don't think happiness and submission are synonymous.

And I'm pretty happy with life. So yeah. But hey, I'm glad YOU'RE happy. That's cool.

A word to the wise, though, people aren't necessarily going to respond to something like this. I mean, it will probably push them away. You're probably gonna get the whole, "If I Wanted Your Opinion, I Would've Asked For It" thing. Usually the person wanting advice has to take the first step. Otherwise, you're just giving them information before they're ready to handle it.

Jopari

Please see my edit. I prolly should have used sarcasm tags.

Now, changing into a better person, I can understand, but true friendships are escapes from the battles for power we face in every day life.

Having POWER over your friends? Having to conform to what your friends think because they have power over YOU? That doesn't sound like happiness to me. I don't think happiness and submission are synonymous.

Ha! So you admit that life is a power battle! (Obscure reference to philosophical discussion with Pickle from forever ago.)

Anyway, yeah. That is a bit out there to say that friendships are submission, but to some people they are. Some people are only happy when they are beneath someone. Some people join the military because they like having someone to give them orders and they are happy taking orders, so to some people happiness and submission are synonymous. Some, not all though.

Last edited:

Blackest Night

High Priest of Sloanism
I'm glad you're happy and all, but this whole, "YOU have to change, because your friends are the ones who hold the power in the relationship" thing makes me uneasy.

And I'm pretty happy with life. So yeah. But hey, I'm glad YOU'RE happy. That's cool.

A word to the wise, though, people aren't necessarily going to respond to something like this. I mean, it will probably push them away. You're probably gonna get the whole, "If I Wanted Your Opinion, I Would've Asked For It" thing. Usually the person wanting advice has to take the first step. Otherwise, you're just giving them information before they're ready to handle it.

I did not say that they had to conform to what their friends think. I would very much appreciate it if you were to not place words in my mouth.

Or rather...text...on my fingertips? Regardless, one does not need to change to what their friends think. They simply need to change if they are caught in such a situation. With one "friend" hitting her and berating her whilst the other "friend" annoys her, would it not be easier and more efficient for her to change rather than to wait for them to do the same?

Everything in life is a battle for power, no matter how obscure and well-hidden that power may be. In any group of friends, there are leaders and there are follwers. One, or several, holds power over the rest. That is absolutely undeniable.

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!
I hope we can agree to disagree, then. I deny it.

Anyway, I didn't mean to place text on your fingertips. Perhaps I read your post(s) wrong. It looked (and still looks) as if you're saying she ought to change when she's with her friends in order to protect herself. Well, maybe she likes who she is. She shouldn't change to keep these friends, just because they seem to have some kind of power over her. Heck, if those were my "friends," I'd leave them.

I don't think you can divide friends into leaders and followers. From the outside of a friendship, it can look that way, but I don't believe those people are truly friends, if there's this underlying struggle for power beneath it all.

And no, Jope, I wasn't saying life is a power struggle. I personally don't think it is. I think people try to make it into one, and that's what prevents us from being happy.

anime_chic

Website
www.myspace.com

And by the way blacknest night, i happen to be very happy right now. But if I werent, i would greatly appreciate you're advice. Im sure there are alot of depressed or sad people on here who will appreciate your words though.

yeah i agree but at out school its more like being not goth is unique, but some people look pretty dam* hot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back