• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

"Hidden Mickey"?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBucket

Mount Vernon, Indiana, United States, North Americ
Website
www.youtube.com
[In the spoiler section for the just-in-case.]

So, this is a thought I've been having for quite some time now, but now I just want everyone's opinions.

We all know that scattered throughout every single KH game, there are random Hidden Mickey symbols. For those who don't know, a Hidden Mickey is the sillhouetted symbol of Mickey's head (a circle with two smaller ones on top.) Obviously in reality, this is simply a reference to Disney and Mickey, but seeing as Mickey is an actual person in the KH universe, can such a wide-spread symbol simply represent him? A major character, yes, but...not THAT major as to have his sillhouette on such things.

I think that instead, and of course excluding his actual silhouette in places such as Disney Castle and what-not, the symbol could actually stand for the three major forces: Light, Darkness, and Nothingness. Yes, there is a realm for In-Between, but it's not really a force used, is it? It's a mixture, and therefore shouldn't really be counted as a BASE force.

Anyways, I think that the "Hidden Mickey" is actually this. It gives a plausible reason that makes sense in the KH lore for the symbol to be in certain places. Namely: the token on the Kingdom Key and Kingdom Key D, above the door in Traverse Town, on the Door to Darkness, and pretty much anywhere else that isn't Disney Castle/Town, etc.

So, what do you guys think?

EDIT: Also as a personal question, is the Vanitas Sentiment still considered a spoiler? Because I design avatars and signatures and the like, and would like to use mine on here, but...is he/it still considered a spoiler? Thanks.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Eh, I still think it's more of just a fun little thing for people to notice. I mean, the hidden Mickeys in other Disney Films (Lion King, for example) isn't really meant to have any sort of in-universe meaning, it's just a little easter egg for the audience. I think similarly of the ones in KH.

Ryukashi17

I never really thought much into it. Your theory does make sense, but I agree more with HeartSeams that it is more of just a fun little symbol placed in Disney creations.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
It's just like Bad Wolf. Wait a minute... Mickey is the cause for Bad Wolf!

(watch Doctor Who if you don't get the reference)

And I think VS is still considered a spoiler. Unless he appears in an official English trailer, he'll still be a spoiler.

Epif

The Delicious
Website
epiphany-delirium.tumblr.com
I've never heard of the "Vanitas Sentiment" but I'll assume it's like the "Lingering Sentiment" in that it's Vanitas' armor... and yeah, I would consider it so... and yeah, you might want to put spoiler tags around that stuff, seeing as your title has nothing to do with Vanitas.

But as far as the Mickey thing goes, I think it's just an Easter-egg. Though it could be some kind of a message from the future to warn Sora and co., like Skyfoxx said... but I highly doubt it... so much so that I'm kind of laughing at myself for even mentioning it.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
I've never heard of the "Vanitas Sentiment" but I'll assume it's like the "Lingering Sentiment" in that it's Vanitas' armor... and yeah, I would consider it so... and yeah, you might want to put spoiler tags around that stuff, seeing as your title has nothing to do with Vanitas.

Well we're already in the spoilers section so I don't see why he'd need to use spoiler tags here. But outside this section, yeah, Vanitas Sentiment should be in spoiler tags.

TheBucket

Mount Vernon, Indiana, United States, North Americ
Website
www.youtube.com
On the note of the Sentiment, frick. Because I really want to use the ones I made, and make some more. OH WELL!

And as for what some are saying, no, I wasn't trying to say it actually DOES have some other kind of meaning, just that it COULD. Also to back it up, if you look closely at the Land of Departure, you'll see three equally-sized circles in the basic shape of the Hidden Mickey in random places, kind of backing it up (because even though it is ruled by someone Light-obsessed, it apparently has belonged to and passed-down through many Keyblade Masters, so not all of them could have been the same.)

I'm just going to go ahead and stay in my happy place thinking that the Hidden Mickey in a lot of places stands for Light, Darkness, and Nothingness. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back