• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

High Quality Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX- Box Art

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Not sure if this is allowed (mods, please let me know/remove if not), but I did a little editing of the 1.5 event poster, removing logos and bringing up the quality a bit (since it's a scanned poster).

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Also, in looking at this image closely, it's cool to see all the little hidden details in the buildings. Hidden Mickeys, "1.5", part of "Traverse Town".

Edit: Thanks for putting in spoiler tags, I couldn't get them to work.
Excellent! That's always been my favorite bit of art, even when it was just the vanilla KH cover. I am hopeful that they'll do something similar for 2.5

Awards
Excellent! That's always been my favorite bit of art, even when it was just the vanilla KH cover. I am hopeful that they'll do something similar for 2.5

I've been hoping for the same thing! It would be gorgeous. Especially with the likely inclusion of Terra/Aqua/Ven (and perhaps Xehanort) alongside the KHII cast.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
Not sure if this is allowed (mods, please let me know/remove if not), but I did a little editing of the 1.5 event poster, removing logos and bringing up the quality a bit (since it's a scanned poster).

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Also, in looking at this image closely, it's cool to see all the little hidden details in the buildings. Hidden Mickeys, "1.5", part of "Traverse Town".

Wow, you're really great at this, thanks. Would it also be possible to re-add some of the stars that would normally fill the void in the upper left corner like in the original?

CG%20Art.jpeg

Xagzan

Awards
Dammit, now my 2.5 box won't be the same size as my 1.5 art book box.

That's gonna drive me nuts.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

Spoiler Spoiler Show

That's fucking awesome, great work bro

Antar

Awards
That case...I can already see and feel it in my hands...taking out the disk...sliding it into the ps3......what the hell is wrong with me, this is creepy. >.>

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
That case...I can already see and feel it in my hands...taking out the disk...sliding it into the ps3......what the hell is wrong with me, this is creepy. >.>
There's nothing wrong or creepy about that! I'm foaming at the mouth over this! Lol so looking forward to this needless to say.

Are the release events something that anybody can check out?

Last edited:

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

Spoiler Spoiler Show

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! MY NEW CELL PHONE WALLPAPER IS HERE!!!! lol

I do recall them saying they were trying to figure out a way to have both packages fit seamlessly in with one another in case you got the artbook so that's at least a plus. IDK if they are actually going to end up doing that, but I guess we'll see later on unless they officially release an image of what you'll get and say "this is what you get haha" since with 1.5 they didn't always show what the package would end up looking like:

preorder.jpg

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Man, that image is just AMAZING. Excellent work!

Exactly what I was thinking, actually. Having a bigger case that doubles as an artbook next to a standard size case without one is going to be jarring. I have the same problem with the two Hobbit movies with the first one having a supplementary book shrunk to size and connected with the cover while the other is just a standard case.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
I still think the artwork is nice, despite some iffy faces. Still think this is a terrible Limited Edition though. I get that some people are obsessed with Disney pins, but I'm willing to bet that most Kingdom Hearts fans aren't. Plus, isn't it more of an American thing? It's quite depressing to think that the European standard edition of Unlimited Saga had more to offer (fancy packaging + bonus DVD with FFX-2: Eternal Calm) without even charging anything extra for it. We also got a bonus DVD with the first print of Final Fantasy X. That was more than a decade ago. Then again, we didn't even get a Collector's Edition for Lightning Returns and no physical release of Drakengard 3 *le sigh*

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I still think the artwork is nice, despite some iffy faces. Still think this is a terrible Limited Edition though. I get that some people are obsessed with Disney pins, but I'm willing to bet that most Kingdom Hearts fans aren't. Plus, isn't it more of an American thing? It's quite depressing to think that the European standard edition of Unlimited Saga had more to offer (fancy packaging + bonus DVD with FFX-2: Eternal Calm) without even charging anything extra for it. We also got a bonus DVD with the first print of Final Fantasy X. That was more than a decade ago. Then again, we didn't even get a Collector's Edition for Lightning Returns and no physical release of Drakengard 3 *le sigh*
They had the right intentions with the pin, but I don't think they anticipated what kind of reaction they would receive.

On one hand, the pin is great! We've all been asking for more official KH merchandise that we can actually get our hands on in the west after all. Pin collecting is also taken very seriously, but the overlap between collectors (mostly working adults with a stable income who can afford to spend large sums of cash on pins who probably have no interest in KH) and the bulk of the community (teens/young adults) is very small. The pin would probably get these collectors to buy the game and get the hooked on the series, but there's also no guarantee they won't just sell the game immediately afterwards.

On the other hand, even though Japan's preorder bonus is merely a PS3 theme, seeing so much promotion overseas about how shiny and amazing the other bundles are has taken its toll on everyone, though it's not something that can really be helped.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
Like I said, I think KH fans in general are in the wrong demographic for that pin. This is not a typical Disney release. A pin would have made more sense for one of those fancy anniversary editions of classic Disney movies. I'd be surprised if there's actually a single KH fan that cares more about a pin than let's say Nomura or Shimomura's work (in other words, I think fans would have preferred an artbook or a soundtrack).

The pin would have made a nice bonus item, but that's about it. As the only thing that defines and separates a limited edition from a regular edition of a video game though, it sucks. Most gamers aren't Disney pin collectors. They want to collect something gaming related, whereas this is aimed at Disney collectors. It would be just as odd in reverse. Imagine a deluxe anniversary edition of A Nightmare on Elm Street on Blu-ray including a DLC voucher for downloading Freddy Kreuger in Mortal Kombat and nothing else. The average movie buff and collector would obviously be disappointed.

I hope that the packaging will at least be the same as that of the first LE, but I doubt it. Will probably be your standard case with the pin either just being sent out on its own or tucked away inside of the case in a plastic bag...

And then next year, I'm sure they will start the milking and put out a double-pack and then some PS4 port (with a separate trophy list just to annoy everyone except those who play nothing else but KH).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back