• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Lit ► His Dark Materials

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Which is your favorite book in the series?

• The Golden Compass (Northern Lights)

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • The Subtle Knife

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Amber Spyglass

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anonymous

Little 'Ol Me
I searched for a thread on this series, but couldn't find one.
So here it is.

I love these books. In my opinion the series remained strong from beginning to end, and in general was extremely captivating.

So what do you think about them?
Favorite book in the series? Why?
I wanna hear opinions on them =D

Pelafina

lately, lovely
Awards
I read these a while back, and thought that they were excellent.

My favorite was probably the third, because I'm a sucker for climaxes. All three were fantastic though, my only gripe is that he introduced a lot of characters who didn't show up very often. (like Iorek)

What happens to Lee was definitely one of my favorite bits, I felt really awful for him. I haven't been that emotionally invested in a scene in a book for quite a while now. Another thing I really liked was the break in the middle of each book, where he gives a sentence or two of insight on a character. (Lantern Slides, or something like that?)

Awards
Website
sites.google.com
Loved these books.

Read them in like fifth grade though, I should probably revisit the series. Because somehow, I missed out on the whole atheism bit. I don't know.

Reasons why I hated it when the books got so much negative press around the release of the movie :[

Silvertongue

Read them in like fifth grade though, I should probably revisit the series. Because somehow, I missed out on the whole atheism bit. I don't know.

See that right there proves that those books aren't bad for kids. I applaud you good sir or madam.

The movie was amazing imo but I wish they hadn't made the 'suga and rainbow ponies' ending. Especially since they FILMED the real ending! You even see it in the early trailers!

>_< WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?!

Sorry...I had to say it.

Anonymous

Little 'Ol Me
Oh I didn't like the movie too much at all. It was just so forced... I wasn't feeling it really.

My favorite book is probably the last one. It just had so much going on, and I was really invested in some of the characters by that point. Plus it has my favorite scene in the entire series- when Ms Coulter and Asriel fall into the abyss. That moment alone suddenly made both of them some of my all time favorite characters.

On a different note, has anyone read the other books? I remember that one was released about Lyra, but I never got around to reading it. Plus I'm not sure I want to, as I feel that the series concluded wonderfully and I shouldn't taint such a concrete ending...
Opinions? Recommendations? =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back