• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

"His Eyes Couldn't Lie"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

drew32

I never got this line as good as I think I could....so when Riku gets his old body back he has teh blindfold over his eyes. Mickey says the reason he had it was because his eyes couldn't lie adn maybe a few other things were said...
Can anyone explain this line to me?
Andy why Riku wore the blindfold?

Cissy

Bronze Member
Basically, "his eyes could not hide the fact he had become one of the darkness"

Or some spiel like that. He wore the blindfold in order to shield the truth from himself.

Genesis

Broken Down On Memory Lane
I think it was because, due to Xehanort's heartless still residing in his heart, he became closer and closer to the darkness. So much so that *speculation* his eyes turned yellow, which was a sign of being too close to darkness. Therefore, he wore the blindfold so that no one would notice / he didnt want people to know what had become of him.

I could be wrong *shrugs* Imma just guessing.=/

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards
"His eyes couldn't lie"

Basically if you look at it in Black and white its simply that Riku was indenial about becoming one with the darkness.

KeyMaker

It was all meaningless. It was just a line put in by the script writers because they had to come up with an answers and response to the teaser trailer at the end of KH1. In fact I remember reading an article that said after they were done writing the script they had to go back and add in all sorts of stuff from the teaser(like the flashing and flying words). As much as people like to think the whole KH series was planned out meticulously it really wasn't, of course Nomura had ideas and opinions on how he would like to continue the series, it's only natural that ideas change, deviate and grow. That's why there are still differences, though maybe small, between the teaser and KH2.

But basically the line of "His eyes couldn't lie" was basically mickey's way of saying that Riku couldn't stand seeing what he'd become and the things he done.

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards
It was all meaningless. It was just a line put in by the script writers because they had to come up with an answers and response to the teaser trailer at the end of KH1. In fact I remember reading an article that said after they were done writing the script they had to go back and add in all sorts of stuff from the teaser(like the flashing and flying words). As much as people like to think the whole KH series was planned out meticulously it really wasn't, of course Nomura had ideas and opinions on how he would like to continue the series, it's only natural that ideas change, deviate and grow. That's why there are still differences, though maybe small, between the teaser and KH2.

But basically the line of "His eyes couldn't lie" was basically mickey's way of saying that Riku couldn't stand seeing what he'd become and the things he done.

You know that's a complete load, right?

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards
xD how is that a spoiler for Days if it's in the Trailer?

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards
Well for one this thread is in the wrong section xD

Mickey says that in KH2, not KH1.

Waiting_to_Sleep

Riku's eyes could not lie, because do to the blaster sent by Ansem the Wise, the darkness he once succumbed too had been removed from him. Still, Riku thought he could not face everyone, believing he turned his back on them for the Darkness. But, with the help from Sora, he removed the blindfold and faced everyone, and beat Xemnas with Sora.

Genesis

Broken Down On Memory Lane
WHOA! how'd you do that little "show" thingy? THATS COOL!

btw.. i agree with cissy... ya, he was hiding the truth or something.. ;)

[ spoiler = abc ] insert spoilers here [ / spoiler ]

Remove all the spaces and there you go :)

Crimson Crashing

Inferno - R.I.P <3
Awards
He didn't want to see himself as he one who fell into darkness.
He felt if he could see, than it would be real.

Even though it was painfully obvious.

Riku Fan1415

Yeah, I think his transformation into Xehanort's Heartless all began with his eyes changing color, from the calm sea green color we all know and (the fangirls) love, to the demonic orange color of Xehanort's eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back