• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► ~*Holding Out For A Hero*~(Sequel to AiL)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

GuardianOfHearts

Darkrooms and safelights
Sitting inside the viewfinder of a camera, watchin

Krazy

Jabberwocky
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return; to obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is Alchemy's first law of Equivilent Exchange.

For all that I've lost, I haven't gained a single thing back; for in less than 24 hours, I had gained love, and lost it. After that, nothing could ever be the same again.

There's just too much that time cannot erase.​

~~~~~K~e~t~s~o~~~~~​

Our break was abruptly cut short as a mechanical limb suddenly slammed down in front of us. Rachael screamed, terrified, and I scrambled to my feet, as did Sora and Riku. Rachael's endless shrieking was starting to damage my ear drums, and, combined with the screeching of the Tripods, I had a vague feeling I wouldn't have very good hearing after this.

Only not so vague.

More of Rachael's frightened, shrill shreiks filled the air as smaller metallic limbs snaked down from the Tripod, swirling about us, searching. I silenced Rachael by clasping hands with her's, and I carefully started to shuffle away from the metallic tenticles, but they snapped at me viciously, and Resurrected Heartbreak - my shield - appeared in my hand, blocking and impaling several of the serpent-like limbs.

"Rachael, go!" I advised to the young girl, nodding at the retreating Sora and Riku.

She hesitated, blinking up at the lone Tripod, then at me. Finally, reluctantly, Rachael trotted after Sora and Riku, leaving me with the mechanical monster. More of the snake-like limbs lashed out at me, and I severed as many as I could with Resurrected Heartbreak, but they instantainiously[<--still not a typo] rebuilt themselves.

Then the Heartless arrived.

~~~~~A~o~z~o~r~a~~~~~​

Titanic screeched along the iceburg, effectivelly creating the damage needed to sink the 'Unsinkable Ship'. After several moments of our ear-splitting ride past the ice, we were free from it, and sailing forward once more. Next to me, Megan started laughing hysterically, again. I glanced at her, one eyebrow raised in confusion.

"What is so funny?!" I asked the brunette girl, slightly amused.

My only answer: "FASTER! HAHAHAHA!"

...Now I know EXACTLY what's so funny. Turning abruptly so I was facing away from the front of the ship, I surveyed everything around me; we were in the middle of the North Atlantic, and it was almost midnight. Only a few hours away until the Titanic sank beneath the ocean waves...

Turning back to Megan, I sighed in defeat, "Got any ideas?"

She shivered, teeth chattering and unable to answer. I blinked, realizing how cold she must've been right now; guys like me are practically immune to the cold. I carefully removed my black cloak and shoved it in her arms. I didn't like black, anyway. It's a good thing I decided to wear clothes underneath the coat. http://notashrimp.com/wallpaper_files/edWhiteDay2.jpg Yeah, that's what I was wearing. Only I'm taller. And nicer. ^-^

"Here, put it on." I commanded, not wanting her to freeze.

"No, " Megan said firmly, "I won't take it."

"Yer freezing, just take the stupid coat." Damn, she's stubborn...

"No, I'm not cold. >.>; I don't want yer uber-awesome Order coat."

"YER COLD. TAKE THE DAMN COAT."

"NEVA!"

I shoved the coat over her head, and she wiggled her head out of the hood, death-glaring, "Fun-sucker."

"It's warm though, isn't it? >.>"

"...Maybe..."

I sighed once more, putting my head in my hands, ready to crack, "Well, do you know what to do? BEFORE THE SHIP SINKS. IN THE WATER. THE COLD, COLD WATER."

I hate water. >.>; The brunette next to me started removing the hood, then putting it back over her head - in rapid succession.

Megan shrugged at my question, "Get on a lifeboat before they-" Her eyes suddenly locked onto something behind me, and her usual smile contorted into a grimace, her teeth clenched tightly- "DIE, BILLY ZANE!!" She shouted, leaping past me with a snarl.

Whirling around, I saw Megan rushing at a first-classman, then I remembered who Billy Zane was. Slapping a hand to my forehead, all I could do was watch her throw One-Winged Angel at Bi- ... Cal, shouting profanities I cannot - should not - repeat.

I suddenly heard Megan shouting once more, "Hey! Le'ggo me! IT'S NOT MY FAULT I WAS TRYING TO KILL BILLY ZANE! HE'S AN EVIL, EVIL MAN! AND HIS STUPID GUARDIAN'S A CHILD MOLESTER!"

Oh, no, what did she do now?!

Daring to peek out from behind my pale-blonde bangs, I saw that Megan was being restrained by a crewman, and Cal was tending to the burn wounds on his arms from One-Winged Angel, apparently. The brunette's eyes were wide as the led her away, down into the ship.

"NU! YOU CAN'T JUST LEAVE ME DOWN THERE! THE SHIP'S GONNA FREAKIN'...." Her voice faded as the crewman pulled her lower through Titanic.

Eyes wide, I locked my gaze on Cal, death-glaring him. He didn't bother to look my way, so I just rushed down the steps, following Megan down into the Titanic. Whirling around in a quick circle, I wondered which way they had gone, then heard the brunette cussing out the crew. Loudly.

I sighed deeply, trudging down the hallway where her angered shouts seemed to originate from, "Baka..."

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!
Ketso's died five times, as of today. He died three times in teh fics, but twice he tried to steal my pickle chips.

>_>

GuardianOfHearts

Darkrooms and safelights
Sitting inside the viewfinder of a camera, watchin
And it never got old, Pickle. ;3

LISTEN UP Y'ALL! o.o The side-fic to HOFAH has graced the pages of KHI's fan corner! For the love of Aozora, go here:

http://forums.khinsider.com/showthread.php?t=41774

Mai Aikou, Hon Enro: My Love, Our Journey.

'TIS AOZORA'S UNTOLD STORY, PRE-AiL AND HOFAH! o.o;

With the other two pwning characters who belong to myself and Pickle.

GO NOW! :3

Krazy

Jabberwocky
~~~~~K~e~t~s~o~~~~~​

As numerous, topaz-eyed Heartless bounded towards me, I barreled through them viciously, Resurrected Heartbreak effectively depleting the ebony, bug-like creatures. Aligned with the incoming Heartless, the Tripod snapped at me once more, and it actually succeeded in striking me, more than once. I rushed at a lone Soldier Heartless, stabbed it with one of the many spikes on my shield, front-flipped over Resurrected Heartbreak - which was stabbed in the ground -, brought it back over my head, and slammed it into the head of the Wyvern before me.

Glimpsing an Invisible behind me, I knelt down so that it tripped over me, then I decapitated the fallen Heartless. Swiping to my right, I annihilated a Darkball. The remainder of the battle all seemed like a ebony-splashed blur; the slashing, blocking, firaga'ing into Oblivion, and the endless impaling all felt strangely choreographed. Leaping to my feet, I saw the Tripod's tenticles coming after me once more, and I ran up a nearby tree, back-flipping off of it near the top; I fell towards the Tripod, Resurrected Heartbreak extended...

And unceremoniously slammed into the Tripod's invisible barrier, plunging to the ground and landing there with a painful thump.

"Ow..." I muttered under my breath, now officially sore all over.

I didn't have time to scold myself, because the Tripod's serpent-like extensions suddenly had blades at their tips, and they started jabbing at me once more. Rolling out of the way, I sprung back to my feet with a barely-audible gasp. Resurrected Heartbreak was suddenly back in my hand, impaling several of the metallic arms as it appeared. More topaz eyes leaked out from the ground, leering at me and my shield warily.

Rachael's unmistakable shriek then tore through the night sky, pulling at my senses desperately.

~~~~~M~e~g~a~n~~~~~​

The Master of Arms had led me down several flights of stairs through Titanic easily; I had long ago given up the effort of struggling. Hoping to that same Fate that had damned me to be related to Sora that I would survive[and not be on the front end of Titanic], I was barely aware of the crewman tying me to an oak chair. Once I did realise what was happening, they were already gone.

Shaking my head rapidly to end my blank stupor, I muttered, "I wonder what happens after you die ... Ketso would know."

I was already thinking about death, and the freezing, North Atlantic water hadn't even reached the room I was currently in. My eyes suddenly glazed over as I uttered the word 'die', and I was thrust back into the familar sea of guilt in my mind, created by Kaze's death. I slumped considerably in the chair, losing hope.

"I'm coming, Kaze..."

~~~~~A~o~z~o~r~a~~~~~​

"I swear, that girl will be the death of me!" I exclaimed to the walls, trudging down the halls of the rich Titanic after Megan and her captors.

I paused in the middle of the hallway I currently stomped through, actually considering the truth of that statement. With a sigh, I continued on my way, cupping my hands about my mouth and shouting the brunette's name. Not getting an answer for several minutes, I thought maybe I was in the wrong wing; that she was on the opposite side of the Titanic, already drowning.

I brought my hand out from my pocket, peering at it closely, "She couldn't be-"

"Aozora?! Is that you?!"

Found her.

"Megan! Where are you?!" I called, whirling around in a quick circle.

"I'll ask how you know my name later, and I'm here!" She shouted back, annoyance apparent in her voice.

I simply smiled in some sort of sick amusement.

Some people never change.

~~~~~S~o~r~a~~~~~​

In about a five-second span, I became aware of several things in that short time. Even with the chaos around me, I was still able to recall and closely examine my surroundings. The first thing I realised was that Dark had suddenly decided to wake up and annoy me once more.

Damn straight.

The second was the fact that Ketso was still fighting infinate Heartless and the lone Tripod in the forest.

Sucks for him.

And the last thing was Rachael's terrified scream that echoed off the trees, sending birds into the air; another Tripod.

What the hell happened while I was sleeping?!

Ignoring Dark as best I could, I grasped Rachael's hand beside me, backing away from the Tripod that had just seemed to appear out of nowhere. However, the young girl was frozen in place, mortified by the enormous monstrosity before us. I tried to pull her along, but Rachael was stone-set upon the forest floor.

The Tripods familar horn sounded, sending shivers up and down my spine, and Rachael even shuddered at the ear-splitting sound. Riku was trying his best to break through the monster's barrier - it was, however, futile. The Tripod's snake-like limbs slithered down, grasping Rachael around the waist, and another constricted me as well.

...I'm goin' back to sleep, Sora. Night.

I scowled. SO supportive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back