• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Holiday Food

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Spyells

You will open the door to light!
An enchanted castle. That's what college is called
Well, it's that time of year again! The time where we all eat a little too much and then feel guilty in January when we hit the scale. Yup, it's that time! And I want to know what your favorite holiday foods are. Mine is my Grandma's Sweet Potato Pie and my Mom's Macaroni and Cheese.

How about you guys, what's your favorite holiday dish? :)

angelbabe74006

Ooooh, my Grandma makes wonderful Pecan and Pumpkin pies. Oh, and the Pumpkin rolls... There is also the fudge and pralines. My Grandma makes a whole lot of sweets around this time of the year. It makes my mouth water just thinking about it.

Αzerin

?Templar Queen?
Website
magistream.com
I suppose I like the traditional baked ham, turkey, and other meats, along with the rice dressing and gumbo my family makes this time of year. There's a fair bit of holiday foods that my family cooks up, buuuttttt I just tend to not eat most of it, despite the alluring scents.

Spyells

I suppose I like the traditional baked ham, turkey, and other meats, along with the rice dressing and gumbo my family makes this time of year. There's a fair bit of holiday foods that my family cooks up, buuuttttt I just tend to not eat most of it, despite the alluring scents.
I love that too! We always get a Honeybaked Ham. Some years my Mom will cook one. We usually have both Ham and Turkey for Christmas so she cooks the turkey and cheats on the ham. I love Gumbo! xD
my grandmas Ziti and apple pie Yum

What's a Ziti? I've never head of it. Is it like some kind of pie or cake? :)

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards
Egg Nog, My Grandma's Bananna Pudding, and Sweet Potato Pie. Christmas Ham and Corn Bread made by my Aunt, Mom, and Grandmother.

angelbabe74006

The desserts are my favorite part, but when you get right down to it the whole meals are wonderful. I wouldn't enjoy dessert so much if I didn't get to eat turkey and taters beforehand.
This thread makes me hungry.

Spyells

My mom's Christmas cookies. Good lord.
HERSHEY'S KISSES wrapped in cookies dough that has mini M &Ms >D
I always bake cookies. One year I made Gingerbread Men and I also made a Gingerbread House. My brothers started eating the candy off of the house when I wasn't looking. I'm still bitter and they want me to do another one this year. lol.
hmm I usually like the turkey and the roasted honey ham
pumpkin pie
and homemade garlic bread
yum yum :)
I love Ham and my Mom's Turkey! You make me want to try Homemade Garlic Bread now, I've only had the frozen kind. lol.
Egg Nog, My Grandma's Bananna Pudding, and Sweet Potato Pie. Christmas Ham and Corn Bread made by my Aunt, Mom, and Grandmother.
It's been a while since I've had some good Banana Pudding. You guys make me want some because at least two of you have said it already. Yay, someone else likes Sweet Potato pie! :thumbsup:
This thread makes me hungry.

Than it's served it's purpose. xDDD

Αzerin

?Templar Queen?
Website
magistream.com
I love that too! We always get a Honeybaked Ham. Some years my Mom will cook one. We usually have both Ham and Turkey for Christmas so she cooks the turkey and cheats on the ham. I love Gumbo! xD
Ahh, you know gumbo. Nice:D You loving it is even better^^ Wonder where you are from; I've had it where people didn't know what it was. Any favorite kind you like? I'm not sure what kind of gumbo my mom makes for the holidays. It may just be an all-out chicken and sausage gumbo with other things added like crab meat for filling, etc. It's what my mom makes when she isn't cooking a big meal. She used to spend all day making a HUGE Thanksgiving meal, but stopped at least maybe 3 years ago now due to feeling it was just wasted effort, time, and money=/ Sad, really. but yea. Christmas meals were a bit smaller to begin with. After Thanksgiving, she'd pretty wiped; we'd mostly eat at my grandma's :p

Spyells

Ahh, you know gumbo. Nice:D You loving it is even better^^ Wonder where you are from; I've had it where people didn't know what it was. Any favorite kind you like? I'm not sure what kind of gumbo my mom makes for the holidays. It may just be an all-out chicken and sausage gumbo with other things added like crab meat for filling, etc. It's what my mom makes when she isn't cooking a big meal. She used to spend all day making a HUGE Thanksgiving meal, but stopped at least maybe 3 years ago now due to feeling it was just wasted effort, time, and money=/ Sad, really. but yea. Christmas meals were a bit smaller to begin with. After Thanksgiving, she'd pretty wiped; we'd mostly eat at my grandma's :p

Your Mom sounds like mine. We only cook a few things for Thanksgiving. This year we're having Macaroni and Cheese, Ham, Yams, Potato Salad, and I'm baking a cake. For Christmas that's when we cook everything. We have both Turkey and Ham, Mac and Cheese, Dressing, Sweet Potato pie and other stuff. It can vary every year. My Mom says she will be burnt out if we cook two really big meals close together.

I like Sea food gumbo. I'm from California but my Grandma is from Mississippi, but her Mom was from Louisiana. lol. So I get to taste some cultural foods from that area. I love Soul Food! :thumbsup:

ansemalltheway, me too! I have a huge sweet tooth! :cool:

Avalon

?Templar King?
Website
knightly-gamers.com
Oh God. I can't wait to get my hands on some gingerbread cookies D: For Thanksgiving my mom will usually cook a turkey and have cranberry sauce, Mashed potatoes, corn, green beans, stuffing, deviled eggs, Apple and pumpkin pie plus a whole heck of a lot more food. Christmas is a bit more normal. Ham with mashed potatoes, corn, green beans and then pie for dessert.

Back