• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Holiday Job

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spyells

You will open the door to light!
An enchanted castle. That's what college is called
My mom is in nursing school and she is about to graduate in December. Yay!!:thumbsup: But she hasn't been able to work for four years since she's been in the program. So far we've been either lucky or blessed (depends on how you want to look at it) and we've been able to get by every month. We have some bill collectors calling but we still have water, electricity, and the works to live in our house so I think we're doing good. And we were really blessed last holiday season. My mom went all out getting me and my little brother's gifts.

My little brothers are 8yrs.old. (And yes they are twins) Their birthday is a week before Christmas. They don't usually get many presents for their birthday because of it. My mom doesn't know if she is going to have any money for the upcoming holiday season. I'm thinking about getting a holiday job. But I have honors classes this school year and let me tell you they definitely give me my share of homework.

I just don't think it fair for my brothers not to get any gifts. I'm pretty sure we all remember being little (That's if you celebrate Christmas) and how exciting it is to think of Santa Clause and getting presents. I don't know what to do though. What do you think? Should I get a job for the holidays and then quit, or should I just wait and see what happens like my family did all of the other years and see what blessings god has in store?

*sighs* I don't know what to do. I don't want my grades to fall if I get a job.:unsure:

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
Easy; schedule Work around your academics. Shouldn't be that hard; its basically like scheduling sports around academics. It'll be hard at first, but I have been juggling school and sports since 2nd grade. It gets easy.

Spyells

You will open the door to light!
An enchanted castle. That's what college is called
If it wasn't god than I don't know what it was that got us through the last four years. I just turned sixteen. So I couldn't even work the whole time. I was like eleven or twelve when she started school. And my mom hasn't been working because the nursing program is a full time thing so she can't work. Some how the bills have been getting paid because no one has been giving us money. Thanks for you input though.:)

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!
Well, I'm glad you've found happiness in your faith thus far. o.o; Not all of us can say that. XP

Anyway, it's extremely nice of you to think of them. I don't know how it is in your town, but where I live, places are pretty good about working around kids' schedules. Just talk to your Potential Employers when you interview, and stress that you can be available if they need you, but your studies are very important to you. I would think they'd like that about you, not hold it against you.

:D Good luck, and thanks for bein' so sweet!

Ryu

an obscene gesture
If you want to be sure that your brothers won't end up empty handed, then your first idea was good. Get a decent but simple job, I don't know where you live but in most places there's lots of work out there for 16 year olds, and if you're 16 then you should still have relatively enough time to do other things besides study. Make a resumé, print a few out at school maybe and just go to the places you'd like working/think need someone and drop them off, at the same time asking if they need someone. Either that or call them up, but it's proven most effective to go there personally. If you get interviewed, explain a bit of your situation and tell them your school schedule so you can plan your work hours around that. Or work whole days during weekends, which is easy cause you can just work one or two whole days, and focus entirely on school during the weekdays.

It's also important not to stress yourself too much. Don't try to top last year's presents, or plan too far ahead as to what to buy everyone. Just work as much as you're comfortable with, take it one day at a time, and once it's time to start buying gifts and what not, just see how much you've got and work with that. Good luck.

Zero

Sergeant RoxMog
Get a job for the weekends or unless you can do your homework real fast before work then do weekends and weekdays and by Christmas time youll have enough money to get them gifts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back