• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Hollow Bastion- Music Instruments

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaddix

Awards
I've been listening to the tracks of Hollow Bastion from both kh1 and ReCoM, and have been trying to decipher different instruments used in the song. In both, the very first note is hit by two instruments: a large bell, and something else. This something else continues on its own for about 6 seconds. For a long time, I've thought this to be piano, but now I believe it to be a harp of some sort. It sounds just like an instrument near the beginning of Lord of the Castle and in the background during End of the World, which I'm quite certain to be some form of harp. But alas, I am not savvy in musical instrument recognition as I'd like to be, so I come to ask.

In short, please find these, take a listen, and give your opinion.

Thank you, sorry for the post length.

Aqua.

ichimaru gin~ <3
no instruments where used at all

its all midi/another more advanced program. almost all video games do not use live orchestras to record their soundtrack..hehe. man i wish though id love to work in one of those!

lol yeah i know what you mean ill go listen to it right now XD

kh1:
xylophone
mallets
timpani
violin
oboe [there's one in almost every single piece yoko does XD ]
cello/base/viola
choir
i think i hear an organ im not too sure.. i might be mistaking it for something

yeah im not much of a band person so i may be wrong on some of the percussion stuff sorry.

EDIT: do you have a link so i can listen to the COM version of HB? i can't find it on youtube >~>

Vaddix

Awards
I'm glad you agree, it is a wonderful piece. But what of that instrument? What do you think: piano, harp, or something entirely different?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back